Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Pull - Bug or Suck?

(PSN)T0katax

"Enemys killed by Pull have a increased chance to drop energy orbs"

Chance increase: 25% at max rank. at 249% Strength it gets somehwere about 70%.

Cool, I thought, a energy support Frame. But there where no drops. So Question is: Suck or Bug?
Suck:
It stacks multiplicative: Enemys have a base chance of lets say 2% to drop a energy orb. Mag will boost that by 70% making it a whooping, now sit tight, 3,4%, IF her low damage ability kills an enemy. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G...lybad

Bug
It should stack additive (2% base drop chance, +70% pull drop chance = 72% drop chance, it just doesn't work and will be fixed some patches from now

The problem with Mag's Pull and the reason no one uses it for loot purposes e.g. Greedy Pull is due to 2 main reasons:

1. It only works for the player and not for anyone else in the squad (client sided).
2. You can't pull through solid objects, i.e. walls.

If they removed the above restrictions I can guarantee you Mag would be played far more often.

3 minutes ago, Alcoholism said:

The problem with Mag's Pull and the reason no one uses it for loot purposes e.g. Greedy Pull is due to 2 main reasons:

1. It only works for the player and not for anyone else in the squad (client sided).
2. You can't pull through solid objects, i.e. walls.

If they removed the above restrictions I can guarantee you Mag would be played far more often.

She used to be required for any long term farming missions, be it resource or prime parts, because greedy pull used to work for everyone instead of just her, it also pulled through walls, they added the restrictions because it was at the start of their fix mandatory frames project.

1 minute ago, Guy6869 said:

She used to be required for any long term farming missions, be it resource or prime parts, because greedy pull used to work for everyone instead of just her, it also pulled through walls, they added the restrictions because it was at the start of their fix mandatory frames project.

Yeah I know and it's the reason why pull is so useless. It may have been a good decision at the time due to other variables at work. However now that they've been doing a lot of "fixes" since that time I think it would be good to review her pull ability and give it back some of the functionality. It doesn't have to be exactly as it was, but not being able to pull items for other players and having a solid static object preventing it when certain weapons can shoot through them is not very intuitive imo.

Just now, Alcoholism said:

Yeah I know and it's the reason why pull is so useless. It may have been a good decision at the time due to other variables at work. However now that they've been doing a lot of "fixes" since that time I think it would be good to review her pull ability and give it back some of the functionality. It doesn't have to be exactly as it was, but not being able to pull items for other players and having a solid static object preventing it when certain weapons can shoot through them is not very intuitive imo.

Well maybe they could add a "force" number to her pull, which effectively works like punchthrough, so having say 5 force, allows the items to go through 5 metres of stuff, like normal punchthrough.

9 minutes ago, Guy6869 said:

which began and ended with Mag. poor poor mag, always getting axed right away.

Edited by Hypernaut1

2 minutes ago, Alcoholism said:

not being able to pull items for other players and having a solid static object preventing it when certain weapons can shoot through them is not very intuitive imo.

Not being able to pull through walls when a sentinel with vacuum can is not really intuitive either.

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

Not being able to pull through walls when a sentinel with vacuum can is not really intuitive either.

I was literally just thinking that when I posted!
Can you imagine them changing vacuum to not suck up loot from behind a wall? There would be a full blown riot lol

Gpull should work like it worked after its first "nerf", said only for mag, and at full power. Period.

@Hypernaut1 It's not the first game where game designers nerf one of the least played frames, if not the least played one. It's less because it has something pseudo OP than because the 2-3 ppl abusing a loophole makes the devs HAVE TO RECOGNIZE there are loopholes.

In the next episode, the rift plane will be nerfed, so will banshee's sound quake, and who knows, maybe they'll find something to "rework" in zephyr.

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

which began and ended with Mag. poor poor mag, always getting axed right away.

Pull v1: Pull a single ally/foe

Pull v2: Pull multiple foes in a cones shape. (the most OP)

Pull v3: Damage foes in a cone (no LOS), decent for old Kappa to the point of 1-shotting normal.

Pull v4: Nerf'd damage to foes in a cone (LOS), added % of throwing foes around. (Current) 

Pull v4Augment.1: added radius loot pick up.

Pull v4Augment.2: added LOS for loot pick up.

Tread isn't short... but there's peak of OP and the down of super weak. Not axed straight away.

Just now, low1991 said:

Pull v3: Damage foes in a cone (no LOS), decent for old Kappa to the point of 1-shotting normal.

Pull v4: Nerf'd damage to foes in a cone (LOS), added % of throwing foes around. (Current) 

Tread isn't short... but there's peak of OP and the down of super weak. Not axed straight away.

And those are JUST the pull nerfs. There's also a whole list of magnetize nerfs, shield polarize nerfs, augment nerfs

Honestly instead of you needing to get a kill with Pull for the energy orb, Pulling enemies should mark them and when a marked enemy dies they have a chance of dropping the orb. It'd be a lot more reliable that way instead of a neat idea that only really works on Mercury.

1 hour ago, low1991 said:

Uh?

Pull v1: wasn't there

Pullv2 and v3 and v4 seem to be the same (as far as i played, pull always dealt 300 dmg in FOV cone + small circle around u.

Now, Pull doesnt work trough obstacle but still around u, cant really tell because since the rework i'm more and more (i repeat, DE, MORE AND MORE) using mag as a 1 TRICK PONY (#situation's_irony) said her press 2 to anihilate the whole room. <= nerf

Now the augment suffered 4 nerfs, one being somehow a good one.

GPull v1: UUUUH MAG U NOOB STOP DOING SHlT, JUST PRESS 1

GPull v2: all's fine <= first "nerf"

GPull v3 S#&amp;&#036;'s on fire... wtf ember? pull's broken, still pull trough obstacles... sometimes, algorythm is bullS#&amp;&#036;, open doors and it works like before, except it clips...

GPull v4 Olol, they still didnt fix the bugs but now it stopped pulling out of your FOV

GPull v5 Last "nerf" they fixed the bugs, good. It's not really a nerf but ... "greedy pull pulls pickups to you" ok. They added focus beacons, changed energy cells, added void traces...

This is how i see it.