The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need more D polarity gun mods!

Fallen_Echo

Whenever i get a gun with added d polarity i immediatly think that "ohh yeah thats one more forma to make this useful".

This needs to change!

We have 5 total D polarity mods for pistols, shotguns and other primary weapons which is just too small for creating a gun to your liking.

If i want to use up that slot i either add cold damage, status chance or status chance with crit damage.

In the last days with the seemingly new way of mod creation from DE i came up with some ideas of what kid of D mods we could use.

Transmution mods:

These mods decrease a weapons existing stat and directly add the removed amount to another one.

For example:

Cutting impacts. Transformes 100% of your impact damage into slash damage

Choking smokes: Transformes 100% of your heat damage into toxin damage

These mods would have 4 ranks total and would have 8 variants to cover the uncombined damage sources.

Energy strike mods:

Activated with the secondary fire mode button (or third if the weapon has secondary mode) these mods add additional effects and damages to your guns in a warframes style at the cost of energy drain.

For example:

Thunderous anger: Each projectile has 100% chance to shock nearby enemies in 6m long range for maximum 50% weapon damage. Each shot costs 5 energy. Bonus 25% electricity damage if the weapon is wielded by a Volt or Chroma.

Unstable anomalies: Every enemy killed has 75% chance to turn into an Unstable anomaly when killed. Unstable anomalies cause enemies to slow down in a 5 meter long circle decreasing their shields and armor for 25% and applying random elemental damage on them for maximum 50% weapon damage. Each shot consumes 2 energy. Bonus 25% power strenght and armor increase for each allies in the anomalies range if the weapon is wielded by a Nova or Limbo.

If anybody has some more ideas on what useful and/or interesting mods we could get for the D polarity please feel free to share, we really need some more variety.

I'd like to see all elemental mods moved to dash, direct damage mods moved to V, and status and crit mods moved to D.

(Understandable this might muck up some forma'd builds). To align with this change, i'd like to see a new type of forma. One that doesnt make any new polarities, but allows the user to change all existing polarities to any other polarity, altering on pressing 'confirm'.