The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

afk manager causes no relic reward?

SoulEaterReaper

not sure, but i read in patch notes the reward for those who had opened the relic 10/10 did not get reward or choose reward at the end of the game,

lost a AXI E1 yesterday yesterday, the guy lost his relic and no reward. but that aside, it happened again right now and i cracked it, vent to extraction, afk'd

came back at reward screen and got nothing, my relic was equipped (double checked)

so is afk manager causiing it or just DE at it again?

Just now, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Being afk always means you don't get your reward. So yeah, stay at your screen and move around a bit every now and then.

well you have to Open your relic so you cant really afk..... only in defence and survival but then you're not cracking your relic if you afk.

so i dont think the afk manager did this, thats just why im asking.

seems more like its still bugging out but if someone could confirm its the afk manager il go after that, before i afk'd all the time at extraction point etc, meanwhile waiting for team to run towards extraction since im such a quick player.

I wish they fix this afk manager whenever you channel abilities in defense missions. e.g. Mesa peacemaker if you stay for an extended amount of time while in peacemaker you will still be caught as an AFK user, or whenever you use RQ banshee even when you take kills as long as you don't move this "afk manager" won't give you the rewards.

Yep, i hope it works just like your thread title OP.
you AFK= no reward.

34 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

well you have to Open your relic so you cant really afk..... only in defence and survival but then you're not cracking your relic if you afk.

seems more like its still bugging out but if someone could confirm its the afk manager il go after that, before i afk'd all the time at extraction point etc, meanwhile waiting for team to run towards extraction since im such a quick player.

correct me if im wrong, but if you Select relic, collect reactants and then AFK for next 4 waves, you will not get the reward.
if its not like that, it should be.

34 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

meanwhile waiting for team to run towards extraction since im Leaving team behind

FTFY

Edited by PiotrGracz

30 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

How long did you stay at extraction? If it was long enough to be flagged AFK, no reward.

I've had afk from just being in banshee's soundquake for too long.... it's a bit hard moving when you're in sound quake lol

I've also had it from standing around and waiting because there are no enemies to kill, either via other players killing them with 4/simulor or the level bugging out.

While I approve of the afk code (especially those that just join an alert and stay at start) it might need a little work on certain situations which may arise.

3 minutes ago, Freakiq said:

I cracked open Neo relic today during interception, I was active the whole game and even then I did not get to pick a reward. 

Could it just be a bug unrelated to going AFK?

could be, need to hear from DE or someone linking to where DE has said it.

cant just do radiant squads with rare relics that you spent hours farming to be invalid cause you afk'd for a minute or two.

Edited by SoulEaterReaper

What we need is a UI visual indicator of being AFK plainly visible on the screen.  Probably it would just help those who are gonna afk anyway but at least for those who don't even realize they are 'afk' according to the game they know they should move.

Though I think that might be beside the point of the issue.

Edited by Xekrin

You are safe from the anti afk timer when at extraction. As long as extraction is available.

"Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.  This timer only matters relative to when the mission is completed. It isn't a 'catch all' net for 100% of the mission."

Source:

It's a stupid system DE put in place because they couldn't think of anything better quick enough. Last I knew, if you don't move more than 1(?) meter every two minutes, you're counted as afk and stop receiving everything (shooting or using powers does not reset the timer).

I like the idea of a UI indicator so you know when the game tags you afk. 

3 minutes ago, Etharien said:

You are safe from the anti afk timer when at extraction. As long as extraction is available.

"Players will now be disqualified from end-of-mission rewards if they've been dead or AFK for over a minute.  This will not affect players that are waiting at extraction.  This timer only matters relative to when the mission is completed. It isn't a 'catch all' net for 100% of the mission."

Source:

okay so its still bugged, i afk'd at extraction and when i got back i had no reward.

they need to get this issue fixed and quick.

27 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

okay so its still bugged, i afk'd at extraction and when i got back i had no reward.

they need to get this issue fixed and quick.

Had you actually completed the mission objective before heading to extraction, or just cracked your relic then left the rest of the squad to deal with the objective?

I doubt the game counts you as being 'at extraction' if the objective isn't complete, even if you know where extraction will be from and wait there.

1 minute ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Had you actually completed the mission objective before heading to extraction, or just cracked your relic then left the rest of the squad to deal with the objective?

I doubt the game counts you as being 'at extraction' if the objective isn't complete, even if you know where extraction will be from and wait there.

how many fissure games have you played where a user finds the exit before mission is completed? capture? exterminate? survival? excavation?

that never happends, and this was in a capture mission, kill the guy, get the reactants, goto extraction, and so we did.

its not the first time rewards are not showing for others either just today after their update yesterday.

so i assume its still bugged. 

1 minute ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

how many fissure games have you played where a user finds the exit before mission is completed? capture? exterminate? survival? excavation?

About as many as those where someone arrived at extraction a whole minute before the rest of the team, i.e. virtually none.

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

About as many as those where someone arrived at extraction a whole minute before the rest of the team, i.e. virtually none.

mission is still complete.

thats what it means, DE said if you afk at extraction once extraction is avalible you wont lose your relic reward.

what more is there to say? yes i dont like trying to run quick void trace farms where there's always that guy being far behind, it usually just takes 20-30 seconds not 2 minutes.

6 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

what more is there to say? yes i dont like trying to run quick void trace farms where there's always that guy being far behind, it usually just takes 20-30 seconds not 2 minutes.

If you're just farming void traces it would be much quicker solo. You'll extract the instant you reach extraction and can get right on with the next mission.