Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyrs Turbulence sound is annoying!

AcceptYourDeath

Could we please please please PLEASE get rid of this constant ssssssSSSSSSSSsssssSSSSSSSsssssSSSSSSssssssssSSSSSSSssssssssssSSSSs from Zephyrs Turbulence? I slowly consider to stop playing my favorite Warframe because of this oO 

Make it an option to turn it off? And maybe the sound for turbulence being hit by enemys too. Would it hurt if we can choose to silence this - no it wouldn`t!  

8 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Turn down your sound effects. Forums are turning into a cesspool of unwarranted complaints.

Awesome advice! You know what I already have very low volume and everything mute but "Sound effects" and "Speech volume" and all it does is having this annoyance more quite but still pretty much the only thing I can hear without a break overlaying every other sound. 

Again, would it hurt? Could you explain the benefit of not having the option to mute this sound specifically? You can keep it if you want to. 

1 hour ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

Could you explain the benefit of not having the option to mute this sound specifically?

Simple, the devs don't have to do extra work for a feature wanted by few people.

I'm not saying your complaint is irrelevant, I personally think rhino's passive is annoying as f* because of the loud noise, but i'm not sure if it's worth the time investing into such a feature.

(i'm surprised some people play zephyr...)

1 hour ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

Again, would it hurt? Could you explain the benefit of not having the option to mute this sound specifically? You can keep it if you want to. 

I understand your frustration with certain sound effects, personally the simulor makes me want to rage-quit due to the endless spamming that most people do. 
But adding a feature like this means that the devs would end up with a massive clusterfudge interface of options to mute every single Warframe ability. Because that's essentially what they'll end up with. If they allow this for one ability, people will start showing up saying they don't like the sound of ability x or y, and "if they added a mute button for Zephyr, why not the rest?"
But it'll also not stop there, soon enough, people will start complaining about the sound of a certain weapon (Ie Simulor spamming) and, not having an argument against it after adding mutes for Warframe abilities, there will be yet another UI page with and endless list of weapons that will all need options of being muted. 

So that's why I think it will not be a realistic option to add into the game when there's a single volume bar that can reduce all ability sound effects. 

3 hours ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

Could we please please please PLEASE get rid of this constant ssssssSSSSSSSSsssssSSSSSSSsssssSSSSSSssssssssSSSSSSSssssssssssSSSSs from Zephyrs Turbulence? I slowly consider to stop playing my favorite Warframe because of this oO 

Make it an option to turn it off? And maybe the sound for turbulence being hit by enemys too. Would it hurt if we can choose to silence this - no it wouldn`t!  

Go play a muted WF game. All annoying sounds are instantly muted.

Oh ya, and i have from the beginning of my game account played a muted WF game, better experiences then one with annoying sounds.

Edited by low1991

5 hours ago, Leahzar said:

Because that's essentially what they'll end up with. If they allow this for one ability, people will start showing up saying they don't like the sound of ability x or y, and "if they added a mute button for Zephyr, why not the rest?"

Sure I was thinking about that, the problem if you start something which translates into other examples. We just were given one by Trichoutte with Rhino and you about Simulor. Now you have to understand first the difference between a already more extreme example with Simulor (you are by far not the first one complaining about the sound effect on spam ^^ ) and a sound effect which has literally no break in between whatsoever. If you really like using Simulor you are out of luck I guess, if you don`t chances are it won`t be around on every mission. Playing Zephyr regulary or almost exclusively there is no way out.

So for one I`d say a exception for Zephyr would be reasonable and second, it might seem this would be alot of work for few people. However I would assume Simulor is much more in use than Zephyr, so you just don`t hear about this very often on average. Doesn`t mean it could be a big portion of Zephyr players appreciating this option to mute.   

And I can`t really judge how complicated this should be but I don`t think it is, I really don`t. It should be simply the case of telling the game not playing a particular sound, games do this all the time on the fly. 10 minutes copy & paste a code snippet I guess?  They had time for Zephyrs mini-game at some point.......

At the end I don`t think adding another UI page and button somewhere for each warframe would be much workload, if players would demand other sounds too.  

yeah the 'swooshing' noises made by some abilities and weapons are annoying, zephyr while appropriate is a little annoying but excalibers exalted blade is worse when it gets spammed like a laser weapon. 

To be honest when you think about it there's a fair few things that seem like a good idea in a closed environment such as the dev team but when put into the full game it's not such a good idea... things like telos boltace damage wave for example, while great in solo and a useful feature it can be annoying as anything for people near by due to particles, let alone the 'clear room aspect' and then you've got the spinning disc on the zenistar sitting at a height where it limits seeing smaller enemies and if coloured wrong can stop us seeing things like knock back pulses due to it not being transparent enough.