Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power Creep suddenly going on

Vicious_Vipa

I am hearing this a lot

"we have such a hard day - then we want to be gods in the evening..."

well - while I understand that,  I believe that some or most of these people generally like to be gods and then say something like "I have a hard day" to justify this wish.

For my part - I quickly get bored when the whole room dies by just pressing a button.  No matter how hard my day is ;)

well - I don't want to belittle what you said but then please tell me:
There are so many missions that can be done by my Grandma who uses a computer for the first time in her life - or by people who had a REALLY hard day.

Then, what reasons are there we should not get some really difficult missions in addition?   Missions that justify the Riven mods and whatnot.

But by "difficult" I don't mean getting one-shotted, I should say.

These missions should not be mandatory if you want to get certain rewards in this game - but yet rewarding.

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

While mechanically The Division is garbage now (1.4 fixed nothing; enemies are even worse sponges than they were, thanks to a single youtube video) it is still a better game than Warframe. The Division was balanced as the devs see fit (they did a poor job, but at least they tried, which is more than I can say for DE). Meanwhile, Warframe still features tons of knockdown spamming, control robbing, invulnerable cheapness, broken, half baked mechanics and devs who simply do not care. 

For all its many, glaring problems, The Division is still a better game than Warframe by a mile.

1.4's effect was largely subjective but the majority of enemies are less spongy than they've ever been. But really, The Division only lacks that BS because its mechanics are hilariously simple. Tactics change, abilities change, difficulty changes, but the amount of enemy abilities are tactics is very small.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I have only started playing this year. In all that time the game has not been balanced well at all and to me it looks like this has been the case for a long time.
The reason that most players don't notice this as much/ don't think it's a problem is that the players are generally extremely powerful and completing any mission isn't a real problem.

On 12-12-2016 at 5:16 PM, gluih said:

I have only started playing this year. In all that time the game has not been balanced well at all and to me it looks like this has been the case for a long time.
The reason that most players don't notice this as much/ don't think it's a problem is that the players are generally extremely powerful and completing any mission isn't a real problem.

Just want to correct you there: veterans have been begging for a rebalance and associated overhaul of the damage system for years (Damage 2.0 fixed some problems, created others and didn't do anything about some pretty major ones, like armor scaling), hell basically since I started playing (over three years ago and probably earlier). Riven mods to me are a sign that DE has just given up. (unlike some others I doubt they don't understand their own game's mechanics)

As far as I see it there's two kinds of changes: worrying trends and changes that directly impact my enjoyment of the game as long as the latter doesn't reach critical mass I'll keep playing (though I'll keep speaking out against the former on every occasion, even done deals, like trading) and I'm sure that's how most people reason.

Riven mods (and Primed mods) fall squarely in the first category, for now.

Edited by marelooke

On 12.12.2016 at 8:03 PM, Vicious_Vipa said:

unlike many other players I always have been praising the "general balance" in this game - especially if you compare it to many other games.
Because a weapon or frame that was good 3 years ago is still good today and will always be.   This really is worth mentioning, after hundreds of things have been added to the game.

Is there a different Warframe that I am not aware of?

Because in Warframe I'm playing things like "a weapon from the past" (as we call inferior and/or obsolete weapons) existed as far as at least 2-2,5 years ago.

Edited by WindigoTP