Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

As Anyone Being Having Trouble Unveiling Riven Mods?

(PSN)Regiampiero

Question

I got this Riven mod that requires me getting the killing blow on 5 Sentients, and after killing about 10 I still got nothing. Also it still says 0/5 on the mod, but I'm not sure if its supposed to track your progress. 

Answered.

One more. Does it mean I need to get the kill shot with the rifle? 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

19 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

How were you expecting it to track your progress WITHOUT equipping the mod, though?

Just now, Magicfingers said:

ninja space magic

Really you two?  A new type of mods, an new system to unlock said mods, no ui to guide players through said system, and you're coming at me with that junk? 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Really you two?  A new type of mods, an new system to unlock said mods, no ui to guide players through said system, and you're coming at me with that junk? 

The first one is actually a valid point though: no mod will function without being installed, so it is reasonable to expect the same with Rivens. 

7 minutes ago, Imaru said:

The first one is actually a valid point though: no mod will function without being installed, so it is reasonable to expect the same with Rivens. 

Except this isn't about functionality. I wasn't expecting to get buffs from an unequipped mod, I was merely completing a mini quest. Since when do you need a specific weapon to keep track of how many enemies you kill? Anyways, enough giving trolls time. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Except this isn't about functionality. I wasn't expecting to get buffs from an unequipped mod, I was merely completing a mini quest. Since when do you need a specific weapon to keep track of how many enemies you kill? Anyways, enough giving trolls time. 

You need to equip sigils to farm syndicate standing. You need to equip weapons to gain mastery with them. And yes, you equip mods to gain their benefits.

You perceived it as a mini-quest, but you had no quest log regarding it. Did that not strike you as kind of odd?

It really isn't obvious and anyone claiming this game gives new players sufficient information is either a savant or delusional. It's an issue that has been mentioned before, and while I wiki the hell out of everything, not everyone does or SHOULD HAVE TO. 

Don't attack OP for not making a connection you thought was obvious, IMO it really wasn't but I was lucky enough to read up earlier. You can only carry 15 rivens, it's easy to conceive that it might work like any other quest without the added requirement. 

1 hour ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

You need to equip sigils to farm syndicate standing. You need to equip weapons to gain mastery with them. And yes, you equip mods to gain their benefits.

You perceived it as a mini-quest, but you had no quest log regarding it. Did that not strike you as kind of odd?

What you are you talking about? You don't need to equip sigils to gain syndicate standing first of all. You gain mastery rank for everything you do in game and equipping a weapon is a basic gaming notion for a game you fight in. Is not like I didn't equip any weapons and asked "why is no one dying". And equipping a vailed riven mod has nothing to do with gaining its benefit because again its "veiled". 

Also, why do you gain codex info using a synthesis scanner then? Crazy right?!

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

What you are you talking about? You don't need to equip sigils to gain syndicate standing first of all. You gain mastery rank for everything you do in game and equipping a weapon is a basic gaming notion for a game you fight in. Is not like I didn't equip any weapons and asked "why is no one dying". And equipping a vailed riven mod has nothing to do with gaining its benefit because again its "veiled". 

Also, why do you gain codex info using a synthesis scanner then? Crazy right?!

Other than the syndicate missions themselves, how are you gaining standing without equipping a sigil? Would honestly like to know.

Your idea of NOT equipping a veiled Riven mod is the same as expecting that you'd get Codex scans without scanning anything, whether with a Codex scanner or Synthesis scanner.

Just let it go, Reggie. Equip your Riven mod from now on and everything will be fine.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I got this Riven mod that requires me getting the killing blow on 5 Sentients, and after killing about 10 I still got nothing. Also it still says 0/5 on the mod, but I'm not sure if its supposed to track your progress. 

Answered.

One more. Does it mean I need to get the kill shot with the rifle? 

ivara. tonkor silenced, finish em with your ult. easy

18 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Other than the syndicate missions themselves, how are you gaining standing without equipping a sigil? Would honestly like to know.

Your idea of NOT equipping a veiled Riven mod is the same as expecting that you'd get Codex scans without scanning anything, whether with a Codex scanner or Synthesis scanner.

Just let it go, Reggie. Equip your Riven mod from now on and everything will be fine.

I like how you're trying to self right your statement of " You need to equip sigils to farm syndicate standin" with "Other than the syndicate missions themselves". Obviously you don't see the irony in your argument, but I digress. At the end of the day you can only have an argument with some that understands how one is composed.