Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HOW 2 FIX RIVENS - For Dummies Edition

(PSN)True_Reclaimer

3 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

This would fix almost all issues i have with Riven mods. I still wouldn't be a huge fan of them because I still believe they are a bandaid to a much larger issue.

Couldn't have put it better myself... 

im genuinely curious and worried on their plans for damage 3.0 with the release of riven mods..

I'm not sure all the ideas have to be done because DE needs to make some money somewhere and all of these ideas make it too easy to get riven. They still need difficulty so that people can trade = plat buy. Plus, Riven are end game content, it makes perfect sense to me that it's difficult to get one. But I like the idea of simplifying riven mods, removing outliers (static boost) and negativity. I mean, database wise it's way less data to store. And they say they got some problems storing theses data (that's why it's limited). It kills two grineers with one bo.

Edited by Charlitoooo
Baguette du fromage

I like your ideas very much with one exception: Getting Rivens from Syndicates. A weekly Teshin mission sounds good and I think that Rivens should be added to the drop tables of the Kuva Fortress. But getting them from Syndicates for reputation is not something that should happen. But they could be rewards for the Syndicate Assassination missions that DE is working on. Could even be a guaranteed reward if it's a weekly mission.

On 12/12/2016 at 5:38 PM, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:
  1. Remove Capacity Cap - 15 capacity is outrageous especially if other Riven types are coming, but I have plenty of fixes to free up data and improve the Riven experience for all
  2. Remove Random Outliers - Make it so that all of the stats are the same for everyone, (if you roll damage its 165%, if you roll multishot its 90%, doesnt have to be these exact numbers but standardization would reduce "server storage stress" as well as make it easier to min-max your rolls)
  3. Remove Negative Stats - Aside from the very few beneficial instances of negative stats, theres no reason anyone should be rolling things like negative damage (heals enemies) or negative fire rate (doesnt shoot at all)
  4. Remove Unusable Stats - No reason anyone should roll IPS damage on a fully elemental weapon
  5. Remove Sentinel Weapons from Rifle Riven Mods - Make sentinel weapons their own category! Also include sweeper and deconstructor in with "Sentinel Weapon Rivens"
  6. Remove Kuva Exponential Cost Increase - Rerolls should cost 1000 Kuva EVERY reroll with no cost increase. This also solves the problem of people wanting a cap, or way to reset the cost. 10 rolls would still cost 10,000 kuva which is a lot for a single mod, but way less than the current 20,050
  7. Add option to lock in a stat, for increased Kuva - Id rather pay double each roll to keep one stat I worked hard praying to RNGesus to get, than to risk getting worse stats each time
  8. Add Rivens to Syndicate Rewards - Even if the cost was insanely high, it would be a lot easier to choose the Riven type you wanted directly from Syndicate offerings, rather than bloat the Sortie tables or remove Rifle types entirely for Pistol Rivens
  9. Add Weekly Riven Quest to Teshin - Similar to Maroos weekly Ayatan Treasure hunt, Teshin should offer a quest every 7 days that upon completion gives a Riven
  10. Add Kuva to enemy droptables in Kuva Fortress - By now everyone is sick of void dashing like mindless crash dummies being ejected from a vehicle to earn Kuva from giant Roombas. Kuva Fortress should also be a source of Kuva, even if its in small amounts similar to Oxium

I agree with all points.