Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

udp port 4950 - 4955 has opened, but it still shows

TH3B4R0N

So I'm unsure if this is related to the issues going on- but today when I logged in, I had two unranked Warframes that I wanted to level. When I went to the normal Spy mission that I ordinarily use to level my items, I was receiving ridiculously low amounts of affinity for my Warframes. I had nothing equipped aside from a primary weapon and the unranked frame, and I even had an affinity booster active(I bought it specifically to level these items). I was actually receiving less affinity than I ordinarily get without the booster, since after completing all of the objectives in the mission, I was only at around level 5 or 6 depending on how many enemies I killed during the mission as well.

To be clear, without the booster active, I ordinarily get to level 7 on an unranked weapon or warframe, not including the bonus affinity that ends up getting me to level 12 or so. again, I don't know if this issue is related to things going on, as I tried asking in-game, but can't seem to find anyone else having the same issues. If this isn't related, perhaps someone could direct me to where the issue is related, or even confirm that they are also experiencing the same problems?

Thanks a bunch!

Same here, started getting this message every time on WF startup for the last couple of days.

I have checked all my firwealls and no blocking of the UDP ports. Still able to play normally in pug group missions it seems but still annoying...

Tried changing the UDP ports too but still same message just with updated port numbers...

12 hours ago, Urjuhh said:

As long as there isn't a reasonable explanation, why should anyone allow such inbound traffic, i wouldn't recommend opening/forwarding any ports.

Some games or other programs listen on or transmit through specific ports, so they have to be permitted to use those ports for proper function.

I've been having the same problem. I'm glad it's not just me. The Snowball Showdown or whatever it's called isn't working for me though. :( The screen just goes black. (I can still see the loading bar and I can hear Teshin talking, but nothing shows up. This wasn't happening until the issues today.)

Edited by TimtheBigDaddy
Forgot some info.

4 hours ago, AizenIchi said:

The notice appears every time, after I finished logging in. I deactivated my firewall and started Warframe. Made a exception for WF. It still appears, but everything works fine....... I think (haven't found anything that doesn't work) 

It's on DE's end and not ours even if we do allow exceptions for Warframe in our Firewall settings, plus DE already edited the opening post here to reflect this.

by the way as i also get the message  "login failed. Check your info" i could ask myself what kind of reward the "special" event gives for today, i already missed the glaxon skin... which i cant earn because of "wicked ordis faults" i am sure its ordis fault he corrupted warframes netcode  :D

I have been getting this message and have been having trouble with connecting and seeing the right amount of open squads on missions since I was forced to have a new Internet provider (Alltel to At&t). That was early this year and I tried everything I could find about fixing the problems but nothing changed, so I thought that until I get a better Internet provider all this would be the same.

This is the only online game I have any problem that seem to be like this, but for Destiny that I play on rare occasion that gives me a strict nat type 3. No clue what that is.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 1:38 AM, Nightbane13 said:

DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack

some few hours ago some guys took down the servers for roughly an hour or two, and ever since that attack the port thing has been popping up for everyone.

The DDoS attack and this should not be related. I have been getting this message every time I log in for the past two months.  I just ignore it because it has not impacted my gaming experience.

On 12/20/2016 at 5:43 AM, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Some games or other programs listen on or transmit through specific ports, so they have to be permitted to use those ports for proper function.

A lot of things do, doesnt mean i need to open the port to WHOLE outside world...

I dont open my remote desktop port on my work computer to whole blody world, just to my home IP... etc

• 2 weeks later...

The description solution says "To solve this problem you have to figure out which firewall is blocking Warframe’s network traffic. The easiest way to identify the culprit is to temporarily disable each firewall and then re-running the Warframe network analysis tool until it succeeds"

The but just like everything else in warframe there is 00000000000000 information on this "Warframe network analysis tool" so how the F*** am i meant to follow through with the instructions u have given me. If you are going to answer, answer it informatively. Opening more questions just upsets pissed off customers making them EVEN MORE PISSED OFF.

TechSupport for this game is by far the worst part of it :(.

Edited by Pitiful

• 2 weeks later...

This is the only game i have played in decades with this dumb Strict Nat stuff...
Can't they just find a solution? Basically, all the player base has this problem and the ways to solve it are 1. Buying a router or 2. Messing with modem ports.

That's not very friendly from DE and it's sad because i know a lot of people that dropped WF just for that.

You are ruining your own game.