Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What melees work good for a Rainbow Status build?

LODESAMONEY

Question

I use Scindo Prime right now, but it's really not my thing. It's too slow, even with Berserker. And even though the damage is there, it doesn't really help protect me at close range. So I want to switch to a melee weapon that works good for status effects, in particular one that does knockdowns to give me breathing room. That means it pretty much has to be an Impact weapon. I want to load it up with all 4 status elemental mods to maximize status procs and cover all damage types. So it would look like this: 

Primed Pressure Point

Reach

Fury

Berserker

Virulent Scourge

Volcanic Edge

Vicious Frost

Voltaic Strike

Would Bo Prime work good on a setup like this? If not, what are my options (must be an IMPACT melee weapon)?

I'd like to change secondaries as well, preferably one that pairs well with Boltor Prime and does good on a Rainbow build (no crits, currently running Lex Prime). Recommendations?

19 answers to this question

Yeah the Bo Prime would probably be your best bet if you want Impact. Also the Synoid Heliocor if you want to give that a try.

For sexondaries, it's strange to add that you're running with Lex but don't want crits. I'm pretty sure you don't want this, but the Akstietto Prime is a monster with a Hybrid crit/status build.

For full status I use the Pox since it only has a 1% crit chance. Also the Vaykor Marelok is pretty good with a status build, it's basically the status version of the Lex Prime.

Edited by Madway7

Bo Prime would likely be best for what you want.

For secondary, Akstiletto Prime is great status secondary. If you want pure elemental status gun I'd recommend Tysis. It deals corrosive damage and has very high status chance, Vaykor Marelok is decent status weapon too.

I never wanted a Crit build when I first got Lex Prime, people just told me it's the best way to mod it. Any other secondaries that do well on full Rainbow (not crit/status, just raw elemental damage)? Something either full-auto or shotgun preferably. 

I should also mention that my Carrier's Sweeper Prime is set up for a status build. 

Accelerated Blast

Shotgun Spazz

Hell's Chamber

Frail Momentum

Shell Shock

Scattering Inferno

Frigid Blast

Toxic Barrage

It's a damn good setup too.

7 minutes ago, LODESAMONEY said:

I never wanted a Crit build when I first got Lex Prime, people just told me it's the best way to mod it. Any other secondaries that do well on full Rainbow (not crit/status, just raw elemental damage)? Something either full-auto or shotgun preferably. 

Akstiletto Prime.

Also, Akbronco Prime is surprisingly good status secondary, as you wrote you want shotgun

Edited by Slaviar

Eh, I guess my secondary doesn't need raw damage when my Boltor P covers that (full Rainbow with both Serration and Heavy Caliber, no need for accuracy). Bo Prime sounds like the way to go then. 

It'll be expensive having to get another set of status mods, but I'll take a look at Akbronco Prime.

2 minutes ago, LODESAMONEY said:

How does this look for Akistilleto Prime? Seems like it gets a good status chance even with full Rainbow, and solid damage as well. 

https://goo.gl/WlbXL7

Uhhh....you didn't even put any dual status elemental mods on that...

If you want a build with high damage and high status, here's an example:

https://goo.gl/SZBvc6

1 minute ago, Heckzu said:

Uhhh....you didn't even put any dual status elemental mods on that...

If you want a build with high damage and high status, here's an example:

https://goo.gl/SZBvc6

Well I DID say that I wanted a secondary that works good on full Rainbow (which means no crit/status, just pure raw damage output). 

But it seems like Akistilleto Prime can get 60% status even without any dual status elemental mods just because of multishot. 

2 hours ago, Slaviar said:

Do you even status Akbronco or are you just repeating what you heard?

It's one of the best secondaries I've ever used.

2 hours ago, Rounpositron said:

There's Tysis.

The best secondary I've ever used. I used gas with 2 of the status mods and one of the raw damage mods. Pair that with the 3 essentials, Anemic Agility, and extra mod of your choice (Quickdraw for me), then it's incredible.