Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

should I co-sign my kubrows?

zoobmer

Question

I see no reason to ever bring them out of stasis.

• now we have kavats (cats), which are more appealing than kubrows (dogs)
  • I can't switch between pets without putting one in stasis in order to take another one out
  • switching takes half an hour, during which I can not have a kavat or a kubrow as my active pet.

therefore, I see no reason in keeping them. if I could switch between them on a whim the way we do with sentinels, I would just switch to a kubrow every now and then. however, as is, I don't see it worth the wait to put my kavat in stasis just to play with a kubrow. should I just co-sign them?

11 answers to this question

Kubrows have different abilities, strengths, and weaknesses compared to Kavats and Sentinels.  For example, Huras Kubrow's invis power is much more reliable and consistent than Shade's invis power while none of the Kavats can turn your Warframe invisible.  I use Huras often on frames that has no innate invisibility power when I need to sneak around (sortie spy and rescue for example).

But if you have multiple kavats, you still need to take time to defrost them when you switch them so does this mean you'll dump all except one kavat (even though there are two kavat types) as well just so you don't need to wait for the kavat to recover?  By the way in case you don't know, you can pay 10k credits to rush recovery period if you're impatient.

I personally would keep at least one of each breed of cat and dog so I have a full set of tools, but I have consigned plenty dogs and cats because I don't like their appearance. 

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)Tyreal2012 said:

It takes 10k creds to make them instantly usable, but i consign all my kubrows as I prefer sentinels over kubrows, now kavats is a different matter....

that's expensive...

11 hours ago, k05h said:

I have tons of Kubrows thrown out of the airlock. Consigning does cost a fee ... space janitor fee I guess.

As long as you have no special Kubrow breed throw them out. 

I think of it as giving them to the lotus to keep, kind of like old friends dog sanctuary IRL. that is what they deserve.

9 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

Kubrows have different abilities, strengths, and weaknesses compared to Kavats and Sentinels.  For example, Huras Kubrow's invis power is much more reliable and consistent than Shade's invis power while none of the Kavats can turn your Warframe invisible.  I use Huras often on frames that has no innate invisibility power when I need to sneak around (sortie spy and rescue for example).

But if you have multiple kavats, you still need to take time to defrost them when you switch them so does this mean you'll dump all except one kavat (even though there are two kavat types) as well just so you don't need to wait for the kavat to recover?  By the way in case you don't know, you can pay 10k credits to rush recovery period if you're impatient.

I personally would keep at least one of each breed of cat and dog so I have a full set of tools, but I have consigned plenty dogs and cats because I don't like their appearance. 

I would honestly want to have pets make Ash invisible, so I can use fleeting expertise to really lower the cost of blade storm. and why is shade so unreliable anyway?

aside from that, I just like kavats more than kubrows.

If you really can't find any use for your kubrows then you can consign them, you'll get free slots for future kavat breeds. I suggest you to craft the incubator upgrade anyway, it will help you to menage your pets and remove them from stasis in a second, also they will loose only 5% energy per day, so you will spend way less credits to heal them. And the best thing of all: if you can't log in for several days, the pets won't die if they ends their energy, they will be automatically put in stasis so you can recover them.

BTW, I think Shade is better than Huras to gain invisibility. If you read the Shade's stealth mechanics, you will notice that invisibility is triggered when an enemy gets closed and desappear if the enemy die or move away, and it won't desappear if you bump into an enemy. The Huras's one, on the other side, will desappear if you touch an enemy but it could last minutes. It depends on your playstyle, I guess. 

Edited by wolfsongcry
added details

3 hours ago, wolfsongcry said:

The Huras's one, on the other side, will desappear if you touch an enemy but it could last minutes. It depends on your playstyle, I guess. 

Um, that's not right.  I've bumped into plenty of enemies while under the influence of Huras' Stalk and I don't decloak.  Yes, the enemy who got bumped can be alerted, but I would still remain invisible as long as I don't attack.  On the other hand, if I use my weapons or some of the frames abilities, Huras' invisibility on me goes away, but if I don't attack, that invisibility doesn't go away.  Shade's cloaking ability does the same thing--if I attack, I decloak and if I bump into enemies or make noises, the enemy will be alerted.  

Huras' Stalk is better because it has a larger detection range than Shade's Ghost and it lasts a lot longer (over 2 minutes, according to wiki).  Shade's enemy detection seems pretty wonky and inconsistent.

I have all the races of the kubrows and kavats. Personally as a collectionist, that is enough for me. Not farming them anymore, maybe later when I don't have anything else to do :)

Consigning them is a good way to have enough slots without buying more slots for the companions. I just make sure I have their imprints backed up, so I can recreate the pet whenever I want to. And you get quarter of the value of the credits you used up to create them (you get 25k credits for consigning them, and you used 100k credits to build the incubator power core).