Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe help me and Damage fall off

ChaellExE

Question

I have hit a point in warframe where I am stuck and frankly bored.

Not only does it feels like I have nothing do within the game, I also have a hard time during sorties because of something else. 

TLDR;

Spoiler

Warframe is the only game I kinda play because of the amount of time I have and the fact that Never WInter won't install on windows 10. 
But besides that, lately I have reached the point in warframe where I don't enjoy the game as I used to. Mainly because I am through most of the game content.
I have cleared around 80% of the chart. Have done almost all quest besides The Limbo theorem: the second archwing interception (I dislike this game mode the most) and The Jordas Golem, can't defeat the final boss yet. But besides that, there is not much else to do, except for waiting for new content, exchanging my old weapons for potential better ones (including the farming, building and leveling) and forma weapons (it is something I am doing now because of this millage I hit). Recently I only login for a chance to get a riven mod that is not generic or for a weapon that I actually have. besides that it is back to forma but that's it for a few mins to 2 hours,

I also invested sometime playing to find bugs. But they have not been addressed .. ever so I stopped doing that.

Some background story, even though my current account says that I joined this game in 2014 I have been playing with another account eversince the first beta test somewhere in 2012-2013 ish. I made this account after having several K's of dying and taking a huge pause from the game. But ever since this account I have been playing almost every day, having 20K+ hours invested in this game. 

Spoiler

Another point I hit was during sorties and some missions my damage fall quickly, to the point that I am putting my whole ammo clip in some enemy for them to blow my away like I'm nothing. They even break through my rhino shield with in milliseconds, with me not having a chance to recover or even cast another shield. But what bothers me the most is that my weapons are ineffective against enemies. I have a collection of OP weapons in possession, only missing some of the rarest, like the prisma family,super forma weapons and rare prime weapons. Maybe Im missing mods :(

I don't know what to do at this point with this game anymore, and that's why I turn towards the community.

current loadout

Edited by ChaellExE
added current loadout

20 answers to this question

sorry you hit the "content wall" but the game kind of is how you make it. If it compels you focus on modding out your existing weapons (op or not.) At whim I have super forma'd a couple of weapons and now fool around with "universal" builds and explore endless missions and see how they do. With the additions of rivens if you don't have the weapon build and level again. Create your own situation to play for at least that works for me, that is my advice.

As far as your damage fall off, more details are needed, what weapons, how are they modded, have you identified your missing mods or are you assuming that is the reason?

Edited by (XB1)MarineDawg
because

7 hours ago, ChaellExE said:

-snip-

If you've been through most of the content in game it's quite hard to suggest something you haven't done. But for myself recently what's been taking up most of my time is riven mods I love them so much just rerolling,doing raids/sorties and just helping friends and new players farm stuff. The only suggestions I have is don't invest time into finding bugs if you aren't enjoying it, warframe has a lot of bugs so it sometimes takes DE a very long time to patch bugs that aren't as urgent as others. It helps the community out but at the same time if it's ruining the fun you could be having just take a break and enjoy the game for what it is.

Since sorties are against high leveled enemies like the second mission is from lv65-80 and the last is 80-100. Iron skin will fall off around those levels and you'll constantly need need to recast it and like you said you won't have a chance to recover so it might be hard to use rhino.

If your damage is falling off in sorties you'll need to start maxing mods and get the mandatory mods like serration,split chamber heavy call (for most weapons heavy cal is good but some like the Javlok is complete garbage)also getting the elemental mods and building the right status combo against certain factions like today's sorties are against corpus so I like using toxin against them since it goes through shields. 

If you have anymore questions/suggestions I"ll gladly answer them.

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker

With that much experience I am surprised you can't solo Jordan golem unless your archwing is completely neglected. Base odanata and velocitus eat him pretty quick.

I also wonder what weapons you bring to sorties that can't cut it. Can you give some examples?

Finally while I love Rhino unless he is a roar build I don't bring him on higher level missions. If I tank I use Inaros. A Rhino rework would be nice but his stomp augment is some nice love too.

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)Ubern00ber88 said:

With that much experience I am surprised you can't solo Jordan golem unless your archwing is completely neglected. Base odanata and velocitus eat him pretty quick.

I also wonder what weapons you bring to sorties that can't cut it. Can you give some examples?

Finally while I love Rhino unless he is a roar build I don't bring him on higher level missions. If I tank I use Inaros. A Rhino rework would be nice but his stomp augment is some nice love too.

I did not neglect archwing, my base archwing is rank 26 or so and my base archwing weapon is max ranked. Just cant beat Jordas.

The weapons I bring to sortie are most of the time Tonkor, Broken War, Azima, Soma, Synoid Simulor, Dread, Ignis, Supra and Synoid Helicor.

12 hours ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

If you've been through most of the content in game it's quite hard to suggest something you haven't done. But for myself recently what's been taking up most of my time is riven mods I love them so much just rerolling,doing raids/sorties and just helping friends and new players farm stuff. The only suggestions I have is don't invest time into finding bugs if you aren't enjoying it, warframe has a lot of bugs so it sometimes takes DE a very long time to patch bugs that aren't as urgent as others. It helps the community out but at the same time if it's ruining the fun you could be having just take a break and enjoy the game for what it is.

Since sorties are against high leveled enemies like the second mission is from lv65-80 and the last is 80-100. Iron skin will fall off around those levels and you'll constantly need need to recast it and like you said you won't have a chance to recover so it might be hard to use rhino.

If your damage is falling off in sorties you'll need to start maxing mods and get the mandatory mods like serration,split chamber heavy call (for most weapons heavy cal is good but some like the Javlok is complete garbage)also getting the elemental mods and building the right status combo against certain factions like today's sorties are against corpus so I like using toxin against them since it goes through shields. 

If you have anymore questions/suggestions I"ll gladly answer them.

I like the advice you give and I will take it in consideration.  could you give me more build tips for these weapons:
Tonbo, Tonkor, Broken War, Azima, Soma, Synoid Simulor, Dread, Ignis, Supra and Synoid Helicor ?

18 hours ago, Xzorn said:

So..... Do you want help to fine tune your builds or...?

I can help with the more intricate numbers in the damage system.

There's also some work to be done on that Rhino. You should be able to laugh at Sorties level enemies.

pls do, any help is welcome at this point

18 hours ago, (Xbox One)MarineDawg said:

sorry you hit the "content wall" but the game kind of is how you make it. If it compels you focus on modding out your existing weapons (op or not.) At whim I have super forma'd a couple of weapons and now fool around with "universal" builds and explore endless missions and see how they do. With the additions of rivens if you don't have the weapon build and level again. Create your own situation to play for at least that works for me, that is my advice.

As far as your damage fall off, more details are needed, what weapons, how are they modded, have you identified your missing mods or are you assuming that is the reason?

I will try to do what you suggested, ty ^^

What are the weapons you advice to aim for?

NO I don't assume this. I have notice that my builds only got me so far yet. At first it was hard to tackle level 30 ~ 50 . I invested in some mods and frame I went trough the mobs with ease until level 50 ~ 60. But at that point I did not mind much because I already got the level needed for the star chart. During the time of me reaching 80% I started to notice this. My  average damage did not increase and I wasn't always able to plow trough the game as before. In fact some mobs started to feel like 1 on 1 battles. 

Edited by ChaellExE

10 minutes ago, ChaellExE said:

pls do, any help is welcome at this point

Well for solo Rhino runs I'd recommend something like this.

z8rcqnk.jpg

You might not want to copy this exactly. I happen to run Arcane Energize so I omit Power Efficiency from a lot of builds.

With Zenurik - Energy Overflow you can replace Constitution with Streamline without Zenurik use Fleeting Expertise. Without Fleeting Expertise you'll need an energy orb or pizza to get started. Once you get going you can get an average 25,000 Iron Skin by Charging only 4 enemies.

I generally wait till I'm around 30-50% Iron Skin then look for a good moment to charge a group. Once you charge you can look at the number up top and see if you like the value. If you don't charge again then either use Iron Shrapnel to knock enemies nearby down. Stomp or Line of sight. Anything you need to be safe while you re-apply Iron Skin. Whatever you do, don't drop your skin, then use charge. You want the smallest window possible where you're vulnerable. If you do it well, there's no window at all.

He has a good group buff of +130% Roar with a usable though not exactly great Rhino Stomp.\

My Iron Shrapnel isn't maxed, it's mostly a forma setup thing since I also use a Stomp and full Roar setup. Feel free to max it if you want.

Feel free to give it a try, He can eat lvl 80 rockets no problem. .Let me know what weapons you're trying to fine tune and what mods you're running.  I do a lot of endurance runs which requires a lot of min/max work.

Well, as far what weapons, that is rather personal. This caters towards your gameplay and what you like. I don't know or recall your MR if you mentioned it previously, at any rate, imo the beauty of the MR system is constantly trying out new weapons and frames that you would have otherwise passed on. As silly as it is I want to take the MK-1 Paris and put 5 forma on it. Push the boundaries. My most used is the Quanta and I am still trying to find the most optimal set up. My advice pick something you enjoy and find ways to make it "better."

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MarineDawg said:

Well, as far what weapons, that is rather personal. This caters towards your gameplay and what you like. I don't know or recall your MR if you mentioned it previously, at any rate, imo the beauty of the MR system is constantly trying out new weapons and frames that you would have otherwise passed on. As silly as it is I want to take the MK-1 Paris and put 5 forma on it. Push the boundaries. My most used is the Quanta and I am still trying to find the most optimal set up. My advice pick something you enjoy and find ways to make it "better."

TY for your great advice. I am MR 14 atm. As for the Quanta I will try to get my hands on it. TY

38 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Well for solo Rhino runs I'd recommend something like this.

z8rcqnk.jpg

You might not want to copy this exactly. I happen to run Arcane Energize so I omit Power Efficiency from a lot of builds.

With Zenurik - Energy Overflow you can replace Constitution with Streamline without Zenurik use Fleeting Expertise. Without Fleeting Expertise you'll need an energy orb or pizza to get started. Once you get going you can get an average 25,000 Iron Skin by Charging only 4 enemies.

I generally wait till I'm around 30-50% Iron Skin then look for a good moment to charge a group. Once you charge you can look at the number up top and see if you like the value. If you don't charge again then either use Iron Shrapnel to knock enemies nearby down. Stomp or Line of sight. Anything you need to be safe while you re-apply Iron Skin. Whatever you do, don't drop your skin, then use charge. You want the smallest window possible where you're vulnerable. If you do it well, there's no window at all.

He has a good group buff of +130% Roar with a usable though not exactly great Rhino Stomp.\

My Iron Shrapnel isn't maxed, it's mostly a forma setup thing since I also use a Stomp and full Roar setup. Feel free to max it if you want.

Feel free to give it a try, He can eat lvl 80 rockets no problem. .Let me know what weapons you're trying to fine tune and what mods you're running.  I do a lot of endurance runs which requires a lot of min/max work.

I seems like a nice build, can you also show me the stomp setup?  I will try in the mean time to gather the rest of those mods. I seems to be missing the transient fortitude, and syndicate ones. 

1 hour ago, ChaellExE said:

I like the advice you give and I will take it in consideration.  could you give me more build tips for these weapons:
Tonbo, Tonkor, Broken War, Azima, Soma, Synoid Simulor, Dread, Ignis, Supra and Synoid Helicor ?

Soma

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Point Strike
  • Vital Sense
  • 2 90% elemental mods
  • Your choice of 2 of the following:
    • Argon Scope
    • Bladed Rounds
    • Shred
    • Primed Bane of Faction
    • 1 more 90% elemental mod

Dread

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Point Strike
  • Vital Sense
  • Vile Acceleration
  • 2 90% elemental mods
  • Your choice of the following:
    • Argon Scope
    • Bladed Rounds
    • Fanged Fusillade (for 4 Corrosive Projection Grineer and Corrupted, Corpus, or Infested)
    • Primed Bane of Faction
    • 1 more 90% elemental mod

Ignis

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • 3 60% status-elemental mods
  • Your choice of 3 of the following:
    • Heavy Caliber
    • Sinister Reach
    • Firestorm
    • Vile Acceleration or Speed Trigger
    • (Primed) Rifle Ammo Mutation
    • 1 more 60% status-elemental mod

2 hours ago, ChaellExE said:

I seems like a nice build, can you also show me the stomp setup?  I will try in the mean time to gather the rest of those mods. I seems to be missing the transient fortitude, and syndicate ones. 

I have two Stomp setups.

jeOGdw8.jpg

This is my general use Stomp setup. A functional Roar and enough Iron Skin to keep you going long as you Stomp Frequently.

vnzCtN0.jpg

This one is more Max Range for Interception or similar situations. Basically only Stomps. You can use Natural Talent with this one. I don't find it needed but it plays smoother, esp if you go with Fleeting Expertise instead of Streamline.

wefxxXB.jpg

And my Roar build for specialized group roles. You might need to swap Stretch for Streamline

I find the IronClad Setup I first showed is the most user friendly. The first Stomp build is also good but the rest are very specialized and not really for general play. For instance,  I only use the Roar setup when I'm in a group going lvl 300+ when each group member is specialized in a purpose.

1 hour ago, ChaellExE said:

I have added here - imgur picture about my loadout. since I dont know how to paste them here.

Hammer Shot and Sawtooth Clip are terrible mods and should be replaced as soon as you have mod capacity for a suitable substitute.

+60% critical damage is mediocre and typically not worth a mod slot considering that it is additive with Vital Sense's +120% critical damage. You'd be better off using a 90% elemental mod (or a 60% status-elemental mod if you need the mod capacity) that the mission's enemies are weak to.

Sawtooth Clip is even worse. Elemental mods are applied relative to your weapon's base damage (after applying base damage mods) whereas physical mods are applied relative to the base damage of that physical damage type (after applying base damage mods). Sawtooth Clip's +30% Slash damage gives you the same amount of raw damage boost as a +27% elemental mod (the Dread's base damage is 90% Slash damage, so 30% x 90% = 27%).

Ash.

Build a ash.

Use ash for sorties.

Or...any frame that has access to finishers rly 😒 ash is just a good candidate with his teleport augument and his rework which roughly said goes very well with kinda utility and high strength builds, which max your gain from Bladestorm, which by itself allready kills off allmost anything, piercing trough armor and shields like it's nothing.

Concerning your main issue...take a break. Looking for things to do is kinda pointless in a game that's basicly meant to kill time. If you can't enjoy it anymore, don't force yourself to. Try other games, other ways to spend your time. 

Maybe you'll be able to return one day and truly enjoy it for just playings sake....

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Sorry to hear that you're frustrated with certain parts of the game, but looks like you're getting some good advice already.  I'll throw in my 2 cents.

For the Jordas boss fight, I would bring Corrosive Projection and your weapons should be modded for Corrosive.  He's also weak against Radiation. A fully leveled and modded Odonata should be ok though Itzal and its Blink ability shines in this fight.  I would mod the archwing for speed (Hyperion Thrusters) and survivability in this fight.  As for archgun, fully leveled and modded Imperator should be fine.  Jordas' weak point is his butt/engine so try to stay around his backside and shoot.  

For sorties, do you use other frames besides Rhino Prime?    Not saying Rhino is bad for sorties because he's not, but for me I choose my frame based on faction, mission type, and condition.  Crowd control, damage dealing, and damage amplifier frames are nice in sorties, but really almost any frame, including Rhino, can work in sorties.  When I use Rhino, I prefer a general build so I can use all of his abilities.  Iron Skin is more for status immunity than damage mitigation. Roar for damage amplifier.  Stomp for crowd control, especially if teammate goes down and I need to revive them.  Charge for mobility but I don't use it often to tell you the truth.  In sorties my go to focus is either Zenurik for energy or Naramon for invisibility/survivability.

As for weapons, your list looks ok so it's probably a modding issue.  I also recommend you look at shotguns especially Vakyor Hek (or Hek + its syndicate mod), Sancti Tigris, and Tigris Prime.  Except for spy or rescue, I prefer AoE weapons and weapons with syndicate proc because of the high density of enemies.  Even if you can't do high damage, their procs can work as crowd control.  If you're doing sortie in a group, I wouldn't worry too much about not dealing too much damage.  You can contribute in other ways, like crowd control or support.

7 hours ago, ChaellExE said:

http://imgur.com/a/sizPb Some of them have descriptions for the main use of them, but they're also built for my type of playstyle and might differ from yours. These builds work as templates too so if you don't have one of the mods or feel like you'd rather have a different mod just remove what you want and add something else. Hope this helps though 

On 12/21/2016 at 3:20 PM, ChaellExE said:

I did not neglect archwing, my base archwing is rank 26 or so and my base archwing weapon is max ranked. Just cant beat Jordas.

The weapons I bring to sortie are most of the time Tonkor, Broken War, Azima, Soma, Synoid Simulor, Dread, Ignis, Supra and Synoid Helicor.

Base Odonata is great for dealing with Jordas. The imperator isn't bad but an upgrade to a velocitus would make it cake since it synergizes with Energy Shell and upping crit damage. Other than that its just a matter of staying behind him.

As for Sortie weapons those all appear excellent. The only ones I cant really speak for through lack of use are Broken war, azima, supra, and heliocor (Have them all I just don't have them tweaked as much as others) . Once I get home I can post some builds but a run down of my weapons for sortie are:

Primaries: Tonkor, Opticor, Sancti Tigris, Daikyu

Secondaries: Twin Grakatas, Kulstar, Vaykor Marelok

Melee: Jat Kittag, Scindo P, Galatine P, Rakta Dark Dagger, Orthos P.

Frames: Loki P, Trinity P, Ash P, Limbo