Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank you for buffing Sicarus Prime

Siekier

As the title says, thank you!

It's just much better now, it's no longer a peashooter - it can deal damage now.

Right now it has a nice mix of pure damage, crits and status and it's fun to use. I remember asking for a viable burst fire secondary, and it has come in a form of buffed Sicarus Prime :)

So yeah, I'm glad to see this change. Buffing older (and often neglected) prime weapons is a step in the right direction, and I'd love to see more buffs to some other weapons like Fang Prime in the future.

One more thing... How about a skin for Sicarus? A conclave one maybe? It doesn't seem like a bad idea, right?

Anyway, that's about it. Thanks for making Sicarus Prime usable.

I hope to see more changes similar to this one in the future :)

7 hours ago, Cat_Jam said:

Next up: Burston Prime, Boar Prime and (Ak)Bronco Prime.

Burston Prime is pretty good, compared to the other Burst Rifles. With its Augment, it can take you very far.

Never used the Boar Prime.

Akbronco Prime are actually ok. Not amazing, but certainly viable with a full status build.

This might sound crazy but I think Sicarus Prime was a good weapon already with Primed Pistol Gambit and Primed Target Cracker. Nothing amazing, but good for lvl 50-ish stuff. Now it feels really strong to be honest, like REALLY strong. I was surprised how easy I could kill lvl 90 Grinner on a Kuva Flood. 2 Bursts for most enemys, I`d say.

It could become a top tier weapon with a good riven.

I dunno. It's usable, but it's still not really good. The Lex Prime has effectively the same number of shots per mag, better base damage, better crit chance, and a little slower reload. It's also a lot more accurate - the shot grouping and recoil of the SP make it hard to land all three bullets on the head. The only thing SP does better are status (not something you really want on a sniper pistol) and popping nullifier bubbles. There's also the issue of ammo efficiency.

I kinda wish they had turned it into a pure status weapon or given some other unique quality. Right now it's in competition with the LexP and Marelok, and it comes up lackluster.

edit: I feel the Vasto Prime needs a bit of a buff

Edited by ArbitUHM

13 hours ago, Tizodd said:

Now if we can only get them to increase the ammo reserves for the Braton Prime.  375 is the lowest of all full-auto assault rifles iirc.

I never run out on it anyway, since I pretty much always use Carrier + Rifle Scavenger aura, when I use such fast fire weapons. And I actually mean NEVER, unless I am unable to kill the enemies for any ammo drops. I would much rather want for them to increase other meaningful stats.

4 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

I never run out on it anyway, since I pretty much always use Carrier + Rifle Scavenger aura, when I use such fast fire weapons. And I actually mean NEVER, unless I am unable to kill the enemies for any ammo drops. I would much rather want for them to increase other meaningful stats.

Good for you?  So I guess it would hurt you in some way if the Braton P ammo reserves were brought up-to-par with similar weapons?  If not, then why speak out against it?

It makes no sense that the Braton P has the lowest ammo reserves of all comparable full-auto rifles.  It's not like it does insane damage and needs to be toned down.  Meanwhile, the Soma P has 800 (more than double the Braton P) ammo reserves.  The Soma P is objectively better than the Braton P...even with the Braton P's higher base status chance, a corrosive Soma P strips armor just as efficiently due to its fire rate (nearly double the Braton P's rof) and magazine size (more than double the Braton P's mag size).  Here are some other rifles, as well as a link to a post I made recently on the subject:

• Braton P: 375
  • Boltor P: 540
  • Stradavar: 540
  • Prisma Tetra: 540
  • Soma P: 800
  • Prisma Gorgon: 840
  • Prisma Grakata: 1000
  • Supra: 1080

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/723525-braton-prime-needs-some-love-ammo-cap-specifically

Edited by Tizodd

2 hours ago, Tizodd said:

Good for you?  So I guess it would hurt you in some way if the Braton P ammo reserves were brought up-to-par with similar weapons?  If not, then why speak out against it?

It makes no sense that the Braton P has the lowest ammo reserves of all comparable full-auto rifles.  It's not like it does insane damage and needs to be toned down.  Meanwhile, the Soma P has 800 (more than double the Braton P) ammo reserves.  The Soma P is objectively better than the Braton P...even with the Braton P's higher base status chance, a corrosive Soma P strips armor just as efficiently due to its fire rate (nearly double the Braton P's rof) and magazine size (more than double the Braton P's mag size).  Here are some other rifles, as well as a link to a post I made recently on the subject:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/723525-braton-prime-needs-some-love-ammo-cap-specifically

I also hope they buff the ammo reserve of the braton.

It's just...it doesn't make any sense at all to have such a low ammo pool.Ican use it against high level enemies right now but the ammo pool makes it impossible to keep it for long.

19 hours ago, Cat_Jam said:

Next up: Burston Prime, Boar Prime and (Ak)Bronco Prime.

Now that I think of it...

Same buffs applied to Burston Prime would make it really awesome.

With 20% / 2x crit stats it would be 50%/4.4x after Point Strike and Vital Sense, it would be a crit / status hybrid like Sicarus.

Crits would also fit nicely into whole burst firing marksmanship thing it supposedly has going for it.

8 hours ago, Tizodd said:

You have it wrong. It's not like I am against them increasing the ammo capacity. It's just that the ammo capacity is the most insignificant stat on the weapon of them all. Hell, using my method, Braton P would be perfectly usable even if it had 75 bullets in reserve. Constantly replenishing the ammo at high rates will ensure it will never run out of ammo as long as I can kill stuff. 

By all means they can increase the ammo capacity, as long as that doesn't deter them from increasing the other more important stats.

2 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

You have it wrong. It's not like I am against them increasing the ammo capacity. It's just that the ammo capacity is the most insignificant stat on the weapon of them all. Hell, using my method, Braton P would be perfectly usable even if it had 75 bullets in reserve. Constantly replenishing the ammo at high rates will ensure it will never run out of ammo as long as I can kill stuff. 

By all means they can increase the ammo capacity, as long as that doesn't deter them from increasing the other more important stats.

Not trying to be combative here...but wouldn't it be better if we could use the weapon effectively without multiple band-aid mods?

You say your ammo reserves are fine when you're using Carrier + Rifle Scavenger Aura.  My argument is that we shouldn't have to equip all these extra mods just to be able to use the Braton P without running into ammo issues.

It's honestly a decent weapon in terms of other stats imo.  It's the ammo capacity that causes it to lag behind the other rifles.

Just now, Tizodd said:

Not trying to be combative here...but wouldn't it be better if we could use the weapon effectively without multiple band-aid mods?

You say your ammo reserves are fine when you're using Carrier + Rifle Scavenger Aura.  My argument is that we shouldn't have to equip all these extra mods just to be able to use the Braton P without running into ammo issues.

It's honestly a decent weapon in terms of other stats imo.  It's the ammo capacity that causes it to lag behind the other rifles.

Even if it had 5000 ammo capacity, I would still use the same Rifle Scavenger + Ammo Drum combo in long missions. Why? Because I enjoy shooting 20k bullets per hour without worrying a single second about needing to conserve ammo. I can even use fire rate mods and still keep the ammo capped at all times. In short, it's a massive DPS increase.