Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas the SUPPOSED brawler

EinheriarJudith

for a brawler the only brawling he does is in his #1 power. change ore gaze to flash petrify and remove the channel (making it duration based). remove the walls and just give him the boulder and add petrify chance. remove rumblers (didnt know a brawler could be a summoner) could give him sparring exalted or <input meleeish powers here>

What he really needs is Nidus treatment. Something to combine his powers, make them combo-wombo.
Like if his Ore Gaze instead was AOE ground slam, that would be good. Atlas jumps in air and then produce ground shaking fist bump. It does AOE damage and knockdown by default, but if you hit it after 3 instances of his Landslide - it costs less energy and petrifies enemies.
His walls - it could be single target spell. Deals damage, ragdolling across room. If you hit it after 2 instances of 1 ability - ragdolled enemy becomes projectile, dealing heavy damage on its way, knocking back anyfool on its way.
It would require tweaking and removing knockback from 4-th recast of Landslide. Could be knockdown instead. Also, with combo-wombo comes problem with energy regain, but that is what devs for - to come with ideas and to make them work.
I mean, he could be so much more. So much more fun to play.

Edited by Furgrim

7 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

for a brawler the only brawling he does is in his #1 power. change ore gaze to flash petrify and remove the channel (making it duration based). remove the walls and just give him the boulder and add petrify chance. remove rumblers (didnt know a brawler could be a summoner) could give him sparring exalted or <input meleeish powers here>

and volts the "alternative to gun play" with an ability that relies on guns 

Edited by hazerddex

8 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Ah but as an earth type frame and being a brawler as suggested he's bringing his boys to the brawl. Petrify does have to be the most useless skill he has.

Too bad petrify isn't useless at all.

Top notch CC and with the augment a nice loot bonus on top. In infested survivals I usually turn it on for twenty minutes only with short pauses to summon my two beat buddies.

1 hour ago, bubbabenali said:

Top notch CC and with the augment a nice loot bonus on top. In infested survivals I usually turn it on for twenty minutes only with short pauses to summon my two beat buddies.

considering that you aren't killing a thing while petrify is active you're pretty much useless to anyone given that there are much better cc frames around that can actually cc and use weapons to kill stuff at the same time, petrify is crap cc.

7 minutes ago, bl4ckhunter said:

considering that you aren't killing a thing while petrify is active you're pretty much useless to anyone given that there are much better cc frames around that can actually cc and use weapons to kill stuff at the same time, petrify is crap cc.

40m of hard CC withhin seconds plus +100% lootchance is hardly useless.

1 minute ago, bubbabenali said:

40m of hard CC withhin seconds plus +100% lootchance is hardly useless.

first, it's a cone and you're open from behind, second it is useless if you're locked into spectral scream stance during it, i'm not even going into loot booster discussion but suffice to say that necros and hydroid do it much better, besides it's an augment.  

5 minutes ago, bl4ckhunter said:

first, it's a cone and you're open from behind, second it is useless if you're locked into spectral scream stance during it, i'm not even going into loot booster discussion but suffice to say that necros and hydroid do it much better, besides it's an augment.  

Necros, yeah. Hydroid tho needs an augment too...

Also, thanks to rolling you are quite agile in that scream stance, you should have an eye on the radar with CC frames anyways and have your rumblers out while petrifying.

If you die because enemies got behind you, you played the positioning game wrong - there are several choke points on every tileset.

And unlike the "real" CC-frames he doesn't drop from every sneeze.

19 hours ago, Furgrim said:

What he really needs is Nidus treatment. Something to combine his powers, make them combo-wombo.
Like if his Ore Gaze instead was AOE ground slam, that would be good. Atlas jumps in air and then produce ground shaking fist bump. It does AOE damage and knockdown by default, but if you hit it after 3 instances of his Landslide - it costs less energy and petrifies enemies.
His walls - it could be single target spell. Deals damage, ragdolling across room. If you hit it after 2 instances of 1 ability - ragdolled enemy becomes projectile, dealing heavy damage on its way, knocking back anyfool on its way.
It would require tweaking and removing knockback from 4-th recast of Landslide. Could be knockdown instead. Also, with combo-wombo comes problem with energy regain, but that is what devs for - to come with ideas and to make them work.
I mean, he could be so much more. So much more fun to play.

my point exactly. what he has now doesnt exactly fit the theme. atleast not without some tweaks

16 hours ago, hazerddex said:

and volts the "alternative to gun play" with an ability that relies on guns 

volt has a casters energy pool aside from all his abilities being caster type. atlas is supposedly a brawler not a caster and has a casters energy pool and some pretty mediocre caster abilities even though he has 1 ability based off combo counter which is melee?

23 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

remove the walls

don't touch my walls! they're the most entertaining part about Atlas. if anything i'd remove the Boulder aspect before the Wall aspect.

19 hours ago, Furgrim said:

Something to combine his powers, make them combo-wombo.

certainly would be cool if i used Landslide on a Wall and it say... exploded forwards in the direction i punched it towards, making a sort of shotgun effect.

15 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

it's not bad, but neither it nor Spectral Scream justify the heavily reduced movement and inability to do anything else in a game that's.... all about movement - nor would i prefer if the Abilities did enough to justify since then they'd be as stupid AFKmode stuff as Assimilate is.

Overall, atlas is a good frame, and there isn't really much I would change about him. However, I do think that, to give him some more sustainability, petrified enemies should drop health orbs (with or without the augment), which would allow him to regenerate some of the health he would lose from his "brawling".