Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats the Meta Build for Frost Prime nowdays?

(PSN)OdinKuro

Question

i am using this build from months ago 

also which frames are good for solo missions

also need builds for Loki prime or was lokli dethroned by another stealth frame?

saw some cool new skins at warframe wiki called stream skins how can i go those? and another frost had frosty beard

Edited by (PS4)OdinKuro

9 answers to this question

This is the build i use

tbKLy1H.jpg

It is very similar to the build of Tactical Potato, but i do not have arcanes.

Instead of using the meta build which is globe, i decided to go with this CC build. Point is, globe, doesnt matter how strong it is, will break very fast at higher levels. This build can stop the strongest of all enemies regardless of level, and slow down entire groups. Combined with Zenurik, i never run out of energy and can cast Avalanche till the end of times.

The skins i think you talking about are the Tennogen skins. the frosty beard for frost is also Tennogen.

At minimum you want at least stretch on because of the aoe from bombard rockets being able to enter snowglobe. Then efficiency (personally i use a rank 3 fleeting and a max streamline so i can cast snowglobe and recover its cost in 4 seconds guaranteed). Primed Continuity and (if there's space) Constitution to offset Fleeting's duration reduction so avalanche remains a solid CC while having a faster recovery speed when knocked down. For survivability i run a quick thinking and Primed Flow because a rank 9/10 primed flow gives Frost better EHP and because i have zenurik's energy regen maxed, otherwise vitality and/or steel fiber are fine. Primed flow is preference outside of the quick thinking argument. Exilus is preference while the other slot i have as an augment slot for ice wave or chilling globe. Leaning towards ice wave for most situations though since late game involves casting globe frequently.

If we're talking a hurrdurr-doi build though, full power strength and as low as you can get with duration

15 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the standard Meta Loadout for Frost is the same as it was, but with not quite as much Range now.
which means you can have some extra Duration or Strength. both of which are very valuable to have so that Frost can bring more than Ice Condom to a Mission.

why range doesnt matter anymore? i was thinking of using new avalanche mod to get the shield buff some ppl said its OP

another question how is Rhino is it better than frost for solo story missions?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)OdinKuro said:

why range doesnt matter anymore? i was thinking of using new avalanche mod to get the shield buff some ppl said its OP

another question how is Rhino is it better than frost for solo story missions?

"Not quite as much", meaning you still want some range. You just have to consider that nully bubbles can dispell snowglobe on touch. 

For solo story missions, i cant help but laugh. Rhino is better in terms of being beginner friendly, but at solo missions, if you know what you're doing and have the right mods you should be able to use any frame

imho rhino is better for facetanking, soloing and CC. his  Stomp range is bigger than frosts avalanche. even if you dont need Strength for cc FROST you even dont NEED it for RHINOS CC Build. also you can use his reinforcing stomp augment and let the mod slots for shrapnel and ironclad free for other mods like duration and range mods. you only need one augment so you can build rhino easily to a meta. take a end game boltor or synoid with you and go for it.

frost is even better for protective missions like defense or excavation. you can give him a decent ice armor buff for teammates but the hp falls off fast because of enemy scaling fast up.

Edited by (PS4)NoVa_Erk
correcting post