Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframe should I buy.

(XBOX)Kaz Man 57

Question

25 answers to this question

If it's from market I'd say a bundle like Hunhow or some skins and palettes. 

If you want a frame specifically frost is fun, versatile, strong and is arguably the best frame for a fair portion of the game's defensive content. Him, Ivara and Mirage are my go-to for sorties depending on what I need. Ivara is also great and if you like spy, fine, but is you don't she is a b**** to farm, so you'd be saving yourself a big headache if you dislike those missions. 

If you like stealth, read on.

Loki. Plus his ultimate skill can disarm.

Ash. For his extra lethal force but cost of stealth.(He's the true ninja)

Ivara. No need to say but, she's boss if you have her Augment for her third skill.

For something,

Volt. His second ability can speed nearby Warframe. Also he's a Control Crowd too. Watch for his 'squish'y

Ember. Well.. Burn them.

Too many Warframes to list.

Mesa and Vauban are the most time consuming to farm due to the RNG involved in their acquisition so i would say use the discount to get those. Every other frame is either easy to farm or obtained via a quest, With the exception of the ones bought from clan dojo's (Volt, Zephyr, Banshee, Nezha and Wukong) and the two dropped from rarer enemy spawns (Oberon from Eximus enemy types and Ash from Grineer Manics).

Edited by (XB1)Chuss The Red

1 minute ago, (PS4)OdinKuro said:

dont get loki he dies too fast no one will take u at end game

Dood bro, he needs some some forma for sure..go 200-ish duration, 675 energy pool, max vitality, and QT (Quick Thinking).

You run the map rarely being directly targeted, you can CC an entire room, re-direct aggro with the decoy.  And with QT, you have a huge energy pool to soak up the occasional nasty AOE or toxic proc. (you sit at 2hp with 300 energy to spare) ^^

With some love he gets OP     

48 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Chuss The Red said:

Mesa and Vauban are the most time consuming to farm due to the RNG involved in their acquisition so i would say use the discount to get those. Every other frame is either easy to farm or obtained via a quest, With the exception of the ones bought from clan dojo's (Volt, Zephyr, Banshee, Nezha and Wukong) and the two dropped from rarer enemy spawns (Oberon from Eximus enemy types and Ash from Grineer Manics).

Should I get Nekros? I heard he is pretty hard to get or Chorma maybe.

Just now, (Xbox One)Kaz Man 57 said:

Should I get Nekros? I heard he is pretty hard to get or Chorma maybe.

I would say they are both easy enough that buying with plat may be wasteful.

Nekros drops from the Derelict Assassinate mission (key blueprint bought from market, requires you to do other derelict mission and get Lephantis coordinates from the containers found in these missions. Recommend exterminate or capture for the coordinates). I found it rather easy to solo but you can always look for help with it if need be.

Chroma is obtained by completing his quest: The New Strange. Fairly easy quest but some people struggle with the last mission. You have Frost already though so it may be easy as its a defense mission.

Ultimately the choice is up to you, one of the main functions of plat is to get things faster and seeing as you have that discount, perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy whoever you like the look of.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Chuss The Red said:

I would say they are both easy enough that buying with plat may be wasteful.

Nekros drops from the Derelict Assassinate mission (key blueprint bought from market, requires you to do other derelict mission and get Lephantis coordinates from the containers found in these missions. Recommend exterminate or capture for the coordinates). I found it rather easy to solo but you can always look for help with it if need be.

Chroma is obtained by completing his quest: The New Strange. Fairly easy quest but some people struggle with the last mission. You have Frost already though so it may be easy as its a defense mission.

Ultimately the choice is up to you, one of the main functions of plat is to get things faster and seeing as you have that discount, perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy whoever you like the look of.

But I like neither Vauban or Mesa. I don't know which would be the best and most fun Warframe I really don't care about having all the Warframes.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)ATLongshot said:

Console Tenno don't get plat discounts, instead we get overall market discounts.  

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Stanicek3 said:

Consoles have market instead of platinum.

Interesting.

But to answer the OP, get something that is hard/annoying to obtain.

Warframes: Ash, Ivara, Chroma, Mesa, Atlas, Equinox, Saryn, Vauban, and Wukong. The other non-prime Warframes are relatively easy to obtain/build compared to these.

Weapons: Sibear

Edited by MrJxt

2 hours ago, MrJxt said:

Interesting.

But to answer the OP, get something that is hard/annoying to obtain.

Warframes: Ash, Ivara, Chroma, Mesa, Atlas, Equinox, Saryn, Vauban, and Wukong. The other non-prime Warframes are relatively easy to obtain/build compared to these.

Weapons: Sibear

The best advice so far.  Don't waste plat on something easy to get.  

I would narrow this down even further:

Ash, Saryn, and Vauban all have prime versions that are strictly better and easy to get on trade chat.  Don't waste your plat on the regular version.  Wukong can be obtained through Tenno Lab.

I bought Ivara with a coupon.  Totally worth it, even though I prefer Loki.  I'm level 22 and I still have never found all the Ivara parts.  

14 hours ago, -Fe-McHamm3rShot said:

14 hours ago, (PS4)OdinKuro said:

dont get loki he dies too fast no one will take u at end game

Dood bro, he needs some some forma for sure..go 200-ish duration, 675 energy pool, max vitality, and QT (Quick Thinking).

You run the map rarely being directly targeted, you can CC an entire room, re-direct aggro with the decoy.  And with QT, you have a huge energy pool to soak up the occasional nasty AOE or toxic proc. (you sit at 2hp with 300 energy to spare) ^^

With some love he gets OP     

No he doesn't die too fast and no you don't need forma. Unforma(ed?) Loki works perfectly up to sorties and is easy to mod since you can kill power strength.

But OP says he has one so back to subject:

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)Chuss The Red said:

Mesa and Vauban are the most time consuming to farm due to the RNG involved in their acquisition so i would say use the discount to get those.

I'd go with this as well. Especially Mesa since Vauban's primed now.

Edited by (PS4)HSomDevil

On Monday, December 26, 2016 at 6:48 AM, MrJxt said:

75% off in the market? Is this new or console only?

Its rare and has been around for some time actually.

I'd recommend getting affinity boosts. Drop boosts and credit boosts. Buy chroma and get a secura lectra via MP then akkad that shiet xP

Edited by Who.Likes.Bread
Adding my opinion to OP.