Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alignment and Infested Door (Spoilers!)

Rush95

I hope to God we can just remove the damn infection. I just noticed today after finishing the sorties that my Trinity Prime got infected from a rando Nidus, before I even knew about this whole infection thing. If something happens to my Trin I'm going to be very pissed considering I bought her from Prime Access and have forma'd her a couple times. For now, my best frame is going to stay in quarantine....thanks DE.

And I hope the rumor about the only way to remove the cysts being to infect pets is wrong....I also hope my Kavat didn't get infected from running with my Trin....

On 12/26/2016 at 9:03 AM, Rush95 said:

Yeah, I think they ran a script to fix it. But regarding the infection, have you noticed anything lately?

How come? Any idea how they'd use Helminth for this?

it was rumored at one time that umbra frames might have something to do with infested, or that they were a corrupted verision.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

To clear up some things:

-Helminth is the entity present inside the Medical Bay (the infested room), although there is no confirmation he's one of the organisms swimming in the aquarium. Players just assume Helminth is the big fish until proven otherwise, nobody knows who he is or what kind of powers he has. Some of us theorize he might be the hive mind of the infested strain we use on our Warframes, since Ordis states he's ''domesticated''. Helminth says he is weak and that his purpose is to ''serve us'', but nobody knows if he's referring to Nidus or the Operator.

-Nidus can only start spreading the Helminth Virus after being stabbed by the infested chair and waiting 24hrs (or a Server Reset). After those 24hrs have passed, a cyst will appear on your neck, indicating you're fully infected and can start spreading it to other players. The same applies for infected Warframes. Also, the infection only spreads to the current Warframe you're using, not to your whole Arsenal. 

-Helminth's cyst will grow for 7 days after the Warframe is infected. Afterwards it should have fully developed itself, taking up a considerate amount of space on your Warframe's neck. The cyst will be removable (at some point) and will have a special function with Kubrow Eggs (or Kubrows in general, I guess). The Glast Gambit was released December 22th, which means tomorrow (December 29th) will mark a full week after Nidus hit the servers. If we're lucky, an update will be released where we'll be able to remove the cyst, and use it. Try following Mogamu/QuietteShy/TacticalPotato, one of them is bound to showcase what it does.

-Kavats are immune to the Infestation, and so are Kubrows. This is why both can be taken on infested missions and somehow avoid being infested. However Kavats specifically develop themselves by ingesting infestation, whereas Kubrows do not. This might explain why the cyst can be applied to Kubrows before they are born, but not to Kavats, as they would probably be immune the cyst.

-Helmith will comment on your Alignment if you enter his room with the Operator (just place Nidus in front of the door so it stays open, and then use Transference). He will also show distaste and fear after realizing the Operator is no longer asleep, which means he knows who we are and what we're capable of (hence he calls us ''void demon'').

-Many rumours, including the Wikia, state that your Alignment can start rotating towards Moon after being stabbed, or after infecting a great number of players. Wether this is true or not is unknown, but it seems widely believed as so.

-The only way to stop infecting other players is by switching out the infected Warframe into your Arsenal and leaving it there. To avoid getting your other Warframes infected, the only solution is to use Solo Mode and avoid Dojos/Relays.

-The Saviour Missions (or ''Saviour System'') that were hinted in some of the Devstreams might be introduced on the opposite door of the infested room (the right door, which holds no use at the moment). It might serve as a counter-effect to Helminth, helping you rotate your Alignment towards Sun, somehow.

EDIT: Added some new info and other theories.

Edited by Rush95

On 12/25/2016 at 3:26 PM, Rush95 said:

Yes, that option should be the NEUTRAL one, not the MOON one. It was corrected as follows:

Sun: Cure Neewa

Neutral: Let her decide her fate

Moon: Send her home

About infecting others: it happens right as you get close to someone while using Nidus. I don't know if only Nidus can infect Warframes, or if infected Warframes can also infect. Kubrows are also infected, but it doesn't seem to change anything. Probably a bug from DE, since Nidus can also ''infect'' the Operator, but it also does nothing.

The only way to not infect someone else is getting stabbed with Nidus and stop using him, or avoiding the room altogether.

what about the players that made that picked let her decide before it was fixed are we still screwed >:( 

Ok, this is wierder than expected. Here's what hapened since my infection spree.

My Ash, which was the original frame that was infected by a nidus, still has his tumor, which seems to have grown a little (It's been at least 40 hours since the tumor was noticed).

My Nidus, which I got yesterday at 8 Am and Innoculated the virus, also has it's tumor now (24 hours later). Haven't checked yet if he's contageous.

All the other frames that I got infected on purpose in my clan dojo have yet to develop cysts, even though it's been more than 24 hours. Is it possible than infection doesn't spread in the dojo or something ? Maybe it takes longer than expected, or perhaps it requires more than a single infection per frame ? What I found strange with my Ash was that the tumor appeared only like a couple of hours after I saw him get infected... Maybe there's a system where the older the tumor is, the faster in infects hosts or something ?

Is it possible that the game is made so only one of your frames can be infected at a time or something ?

Still so many questions.

19 hours ago, Rush95 said:

tomorrow (December 29th) will mark a full week after Nidus hit the servers. If we're lucky, an update will be released where we'll be able to remove the cyst, and use it.

Honestly? I doubt it. DE has been on Christmas vacation like everyone of us. So unless they've already prepared that update in advance (which would be an absolute novelty), I wouldn't expect it until mid January. Which is another reason why I don't get why they had to push this just before Christmas instead of waiting a bit until the follow-up content is ready as well and they can calm us down by saying "just wait for next week's update".

2 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

All the other frames that I got infected on purpose in my clan dojo have yet to develop cysts, even though it's been more than 24 hours.

My Nyx got infected two or three days ago, but the cyst hasn't grown a bit. I wonder if that's because I quarantined her right away when I noticed it and the virus uses the Kubrow growth script (which only lets the Kubrow grow when it's active at server-midnight).

Lorewise, the Infestation is savage, wreckless, unstoppable. We're helping it to evolve and develop itself in many lifeforms. As the Dark Sector's Wiki puts it, "The Great Plague", and we're trying to expand it. Their objective is just to spread into literally anything, and that would have some kind of repercussion in missions with Infected arsenals. Don't think only on the Tenno: think about the Grineer and the Corpus. As quoted by Warframe's Wiki, the Infestation has no prejudice in whom it affects. Our game adventures help it, lore-wise, to infect other factions and even turn those poor Grineer we don't kill at rush capture missions into deadly and hive-controlled Infected Chargers. Ospreys turn into mutalist forms, and so on. We are nothing but helping it to spread, when we are the sworn protectors of the balance of the system. But that may not be true, hence these lines direct from the Tenno page at the wiki:

Fragments of history suggest that discipline and chivalry are the cornerstone values of the Tenno: is this true today? The Tenno are emerging into a world unfamiliar to them. One sees a noble warrior, building his strength against an oppressive regime. Another sees an opportunistic mercenary, exploiting the Warframe's superiority for wealth. Regardless of their future, the Tenno stand united against a common foe, loyal only to each other.

So yes, I think the alignment change is truly something on purpose. Definetely. Something quiet, but yet destructive as Nidus' mutation stacks in endless missions.

We don't know Helminth true purposes, but since there is a relation between the Warframes and the Infestation, I can only think that Nidus is their master and the other Warframes are Helminth's superiors, at lower ranks than Nidus. A kind of hierarchical chain, like the current nature.

We know that the Technocyte got, accordingly to the Dark Sector's wiki link I've put before, similar behaviour to the rabies' virus. So in terms of evolution, the objective is to always spread, since its life and progression depends on it. 

Beautifully written, Kyoketsu. I've often thought about the Technocyte virus, about how if it is left to its own devices, without guidance, it takes on an extremely dark and horrifying nature. But given discipline, it is possible to build something as noble and powerful as Warframes. To make something beautiful out of something ugly

About this..

1 hour ago, Kyoketsu said:

Lorewise, the Infestation is savage, wreckless, unstoppable. We're helping it to evolve and develop itself in many lifeforms. As the Dark Sector's Wiki puts it, "The Great Plague", and we're trying to expand it. Their objective is just to spread into literally anything, and that would have some kind of repercussion in missions with Infected arsenals. Don't think only on the Tenno: think about the Grineer and the Corpus. As quoted by Warframe's Wiki, the Infestation has no prejudice in whom it affects. Our game adventures help it, lore-wise, to infect other factions and even turn those poor Grineer we don't kill at rush capture missions into deadly and hive-controlled Infected Chargers. Ospreys turn into mutalist forms, and so on. We are nothing but helping it to spread, when we are the sworn protectors of the balance of the system. But that may not be true, hence these lines direct from the Tenno page at the wiki:

So yes, I think the alignment change is truly something on purpose. Definetely. Something quiet, but yet destructive as Nidus' mutation stacks in endless missions.

We don't know Helminth true purposes, but since there is a relation between the Warframes and the Infestation, I can only think that Nidus is their master and the other Warframes are Helminth's superiors, at lower ranks than Nidus. A kind of hierarchical chain, like the current nature.

We know that the Technocyte got, accordingly to the Dark Sector's wiki link I've put before, similar behaviour to the rabies' virus. So in terms of evolution, the objective is to always spread, since its life and progression depends on it. 

While Excalibur was the first prototype Warframe to be made, what if Nidus was something else? Something that came first, that helped originate the idea of creating Warframes? He has such an intimate connection to the Infestation that I can't help but wonder ''Did it really come afterwards? Or was it their first try at controlling the virus?''

23 hours ago, SpiralViper said:

Beautifully written, Kyoketsu. I've often thought about the Technocyte virus, about how if it is left to its own devices, without guidance, it takes on an extremely dark and horrifying nature. But given discipline, it is possible to build something as noble and powerful as Warframes. To make something beautiful out of something ugly

Yes, it is truly noble. The Orokin created the Warframes at time of desperation, and the Tenno were formed, bound by honor and discipline. And according to the Wiki, Warframe and Dark Sector are canon, but not direct prequel. They are linked somehow, like in the same universe.

21 hours ago, Rush95 said:

While Excalibur was the first prototype Warframe to be made, what if Nidus was something else? Something that came first, that helped originate the idea of creating Warframes? He has such an intimate connection to the Infestation that I can't help but wonder ''Did it really come afterwards? Or was it their first try at controlling the virus?''

Actually, according to Ballas' wiki, Saryn was their first try to contain the infestation. The infested tissue in her body and the proverb "fight poison with poison" is the main information we have right now. Excalibur was the first one they made against the Sentients, but we do have an hiatus between the Orokin-Sentients War and the Fall of The Empire. Maybe something about them happened there?

There are a lot of untold story there. But Nidus is indeed something... Else. I don't know if all the Warframes were created by the Orokin, even if lifespan was not a problem for them. 

Edited by Kyoketsu
Forgot to add some info.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2016 at 8:09 PM, ExtremistLine said:

I hope to God we can just remove the damn infection. I just noticed today after finishing the sorties that my Trinity Prime got infected from a rando Nidus, before I even knew about this whole infection thing. If something happens to my Trin I'm going to be very pissed considering I bought her from Prime Access and have forma'd her a couple times. For now, my best frame is going to stay in quarantine....thanks DE.

And I hope the rumor about the only way to remove the cysts being to infect pets is wrong....I also hope my Kavat didn't get infected from running with my Trin....

You tell me, I feel like I'm being just like infested Alad V, I mean, come on! We are supposed to be the Tenno! You know? Space ninjas who tries to maintain balance and harmony in the system? This whole spreading infested diseases feels so much like it against this creed....sure, we used infested weapons before, but as far as I'm concerned, none of the were at this magnitude and I'm pretty sure they didn't spread the infestation, not only that, but infesting a kubrow egg?? Isn't this simply animal cruelty? Powerful or not, I'm not going to do that to my poor kubrow egg just to gain more power, that's just wrong, not only that, I'm not happy with the idea of my alignment changing without my concent just because I accidentally spread the virus to someone, and this might be off topic, but wouldn't this create a gap between the players? I mean, instead of all of us playing to have fun and chit chat, we would be too suspicious of each other because we either don't like how the cyst looks or simply don't like the idea since playing with infestation would feel against the lore estabilished so far, I mean, isn't this just taking things too far? And please, to those who are going to say, it gives a chance to newbies access to better equipment, please read above, the same to the people who will say that we already used infested weapons. Sorry for the long post, thank you and have fun, and don't spread space AIDS or the relay police will go after you! :smile:

Edited by Mirror96