Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the most powerful primary now with the riven mod on

(PSN)ARIES-WY

Question

16 answers to this question

With the amount of RNG in Riven Mods thats really hard to say. You can get a very good mod or a crap mod for the same Weapon. And every Mod will have different Values even if they have the same stats. So just go with what you like to play, what you want to play and look for riven mods for those and check if they are somewhat useful. Or just go with the Riven Mods you get from Sortie (which can be an Issue if you are as lucky as me and only got 1 Riven Mod from Sorties since Riven Mods were released).

1 hour ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

Someone told me it's soma , true ?

It very well could be but that would all depend on the riven perks as well as the complimentary build. For me it's an all dook 'em out between the Prisma Grakata, Quanta vandal, and the new upcommer Zhuge. Stradavar may be in the running as well but only forma will prove or disprove that.

Oh 

27 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MarineDawg said:

It very well could be but that would all depend on the riven perks as well as the complimentary build. For me it's an all dook 'em out between the Prisma Grakata, Quanta vandal, and the new upcommer Zhuge. Stradavar may be in the running as well but only forma will prove or disprove that.

Oh so the hottest weapons are weaker than others with riven on ?

12 hours ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

Oh 

Oh so the hottest weapons are weaker than others with riven on ?

Rivens use a system that works like this:

1. Your riven is (currently) either a Rifle, Shotgun, or Secondary Riven mod.

2. The stat distribution within that is completely random in their rolls but can have up to four separate effects. (i.e. you could get negative flight speed on a weapon that uses hitscan, doing absolutely nothing. Or you could get -100% or higher critical/status chance, making a weapon not able to apply critical hits/status)

3. Stronger weapons have a weaker disposition to riven mods, meaning that their specific riven mods will always roll to be overall weaker than a weapon with a strong disposition.

The Soma is an already strong weapon, so its Riven disposition will be weaker than, for example, a Grinlok or a Lato.

You can go here to find out more about Riven mods and Dispositions. They have a list of all weapon dispositions and a very good explanation of the actual mechanics. (WarFrame Wiki)

I recommend finding a weapon you truly do enjoy and try to get a Riven mod for that.

I recently fell in love with the Grinlok (and the AkLato I've always loved, even if it was terribad) and it's a very well performing weapon. Slap on the fact that it has both a Syndicate Augment that makes it a very deadly weapon on top of having a Strong disposition means that any addition to the Grinlok will make it better.

My current Riven for the Grinlok is something like +90% reload speed (definitely a bonus for the Grinlok), +138% Critical Damage, +50% Damage, -25% Damage to Infested. I'm still hunting an AkLato Riven.

Truly, do find a weapon that feels right for you. And FEELS right, not just "this is a strong weapon, I should use it." Most if not all weapons now have viability outside of what they have previously. You'll soon find that if you get the right Riven mod on a gun you really like, you'll soon be leaving the old powerhouses behind. (As a Tigris main since I started WarFrame a year and a half ago I'm now putting a fifth forma onto my Grinlok, just for fun.)

9 hours ago, ChargeBeam said:

Rivens use a system that works like this:

1. Your riven is (currently) either a Rifle, Shotgun, or Secondary Riven mod.

2. The stat distribution within that is completely random in their rolls but can have up to four separate effects. (i.e. you could get negative flight speed on a weapon that uses hitscan, doing absolutely nothing. Or you could get -100% or higher critical/status chance, making a weapon not able to apply critical hits/status)

3. Stronger weapons have a weaker disposition to riven mods, meaning that their specific riven mods will always roll to be overall weaker than a weapon with a strong disposition.

The Soma is an already strong weapon, so its Riven disposition will be weaker than, for example, a Grinlok or a Lato.

You can go here to find out more about Riven mods and Dispositions. They have a list of all weapon dispositions and a very good explanation of the actual mechanics. (WarFrame Wiki)

I recommend finding a weapon you truly do enjoy and try to get a Riven mod for that.

I recently fell in love with the Grinlok (and the AkLato I've always loved, even if it was terribad) and it's a very well performing weapon. Slap on the fact that it has both a Syndicate Augment that makes it a very deadly weapon on top of having a Strong disposition means that any addition to the Grinlok will make it better.

My current Riven for the Grinlok is something like +90% reload speed (definitely a bonus for the Grinlok), +138% Critical Damage, +50% Damage, -25% Damage to Infested. I'm still hunting an AkLato Riven.

Truly, do find a weapon that feels right for you. And FEELS right, not just "this is a strong weapon, I should use it." Most if not all weapons now have viability outside of what they have previously. You'll soon find that if you get the right Riven mod on a gun you really like, you'll soon be leaving the old powerhouses behind. (As a Tigris main since I started WarFrame a year and a half ago I'm now putting a fifth forma onto my Grinlok, just for fun.)

Tysm , one more question , a guy told me soma with rivan still the best gun b

7 minutes ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

Tysm , one more question , a guy told me soma with rivan still the best gun b

"Best gun" is very opinionated. On paper the Soma deals great damage but DPS wise it's not (AFAIK) "the best".

I personally find the Soma a rather dull experience and far from "the best" to the point that I prefer Braton Prime.

It's all down to what gun feels right to you. What feels right then becomes your personal best gun.

Best at what? Front-end? Armor Shredding? AoE? Single Target? DPS? Damage per Shot?

That's what's kinda stupid about how they decided to work to Riven system. Popular is not always equal to best.

I don't even bother to use Soma unless I'm going past lvl 300 CPx4. There's better Armor shredding weapons and there's better kill rate weapons. Soma is only ideal for lvl 300+ unarmored enemies and in every other situation there's a better choice. No idea why it's so popular. Just forget using Tonkor / Simulor against a .lvl 150+ Armored Napalm, that's a joke.

On 12/25/2016 at 10:21 PM, (Xbox One)MarineDawg said:

The Stradavar is good now?  Or only due to your Riven?  Last I played the Stradavar was terrible which is a shame because I really liked the idea.

6 minutes ago, Ifeno said:

Did it get buffed or is it just because a good Riven can make any weapon powerful / viable?

If it got buffed I didn't notice (it has been sitting on the shelf for quite some time.)  The riven has improved it.  I'd like to take it to all sortie rounds once done (couple more formas) to see how it ends up faring.  Some say they hate rivens but for the weapons most forgot about I think they are a blessing.