Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 8.3.1

[DE]Rebecca

Additions:

• Vulkar Pack is now live! Get your snipin’ on in Grineer Style!
  • The Grineer Informers have arrived. Take ‘em out all weekend long!

AhesTIW.jpg

Changes:

• Mag’s Shield Polarize is now percentage-based instead of flat power (10/15/25/50)%
  • Volt’s Overload DPS increased and casting time reduced.
  • Optimized network code for contact list to better handle large numbers of friends or clan-mates.
  • Improved handling of online status updates in congested network conditions (often related to contact-list size).
  • Tweaks to opacity of MiniMap.
  • Added FX to Rhino Roar.
  • Sound tweak to Bronco.

Fixes:

• Fixed for Grandmaster icon showing for all players if you backout of lobby.
  • Fixed Volt’s shield – it now functions as intended which is to allow shots to fire through from Warframes with increased damage.
  • Fixed a number of general performance issues affecting very large clans.
  • Fix for cipher being unplayable with controller.
  • Fix for players being staggered in air, instead they are knocked down.
  • Various tweaks to Mag’s Pull.
  • A few sound ambiance tweaks, plus Aklato tweaks.
  • Fixed rank 0 fusion cores being a defense reward.
  • Fix for Ember’s FX on clients.
  • Fix for Vauban’s Vortex killing friendlies if owner dies and respawns.
  • Fix for Radial Disarm being able to manipulate the “enemies remaining” in Exterminate missions.
  • Fix for size inconstancy in Mag’s Bullet Attractor.
  • Fix for Mag’s Pull not working as intended when client.
  • Fix for Snow Globe “Power in Use” bug.
  • Fix for Overload “Power in Use” bug.
  • Fix for Saryn’s Venom “Power in Use” bug.

Yeah yeah!!! What is the name of the weapon(gun) that you can get by killing the spy drones?

I'm trying to hunt those drones, but the problem I encounter is the one of those pesky incessant idiots we shall for now call "runners". You know the ones, start running as soon as they are in the level, run straight to the objective, then straight back to extraction.

No exploration for resources

No fighting waves for mods

No waiting on teammates

And certainly no looking for drones..

Oh, and when they DO encounter one, they shoot at it with their pathetically underpowered braton or somesuch..

Whatever the case, these runners are really starting to spoil the game for me in a major way. I already find them annoying scum in normal gameplay, especially when they, inevitably, go down and I see the rest of the team speed away to help them (I mean, why would you?). But with this event they really sabotage the underlying mission.

I hear you, man. Even if you play with a group from your clan, it seems like you don't have much say in the way of playing through the missions if you got "a runner" on your team. If anything, you should have more options, f.e "Exploring", "Resource hunting", "Fast run" and so on instead of just "Private" or "Online". That way, you'd be teamed up with similar minded players. I mean, I keep changing my playstyle from one mission to another and I WANT to play with people, but I hate it when I found some kind of secret location with billion of chests and boxes and I can't open them cos "there is no time, man!! Run for boss only!!"

I Dont know if this has been fixed yet as i havent played in a few weeks with my friend but can you fix the glitch or bug that a friend doesnt appear online in the contacts list even though he is online he only appears offline this makes it impossible to join him. PLEASE FIX THIS because I like this game but this is a serious flaw for me.

Thank you for correcting Volt's overload cast time and "Power in use" bug !!

Yeah, now Volt "Shock" is broken. If you use it on an enemy it will get stuck as "Power in use" and you can't use any powers, use melee or chat to people.

Edited by Agret

Is it just me or did they slow volt's "Speed" ability down? I used to be able to make jumps with speed that I can't now.

Never-mind, I see now that it is a radial group buff.

Edited by toomtoomX

love this fix :D but um i wanna point out that, i did a defence run a bit after this update came out (i think yesterday sometime...) and i ended up getting an empty fusion core as a reward.... 

the notes say that was removed? so um... yeah idk

I'm trying to hunt those drones, but the problem I encounter is the one of those pesky incessant idiots we shall for now call "runners". You know the ones, start running as soon as they are in the level, run straight to the objective, then straight back to extraction.

No waiting on teammates

Oh, and when they DO encounter one, they shoot at it with their pathetically underpowered braton or somesuch..

I tried several rounds on solo, since I AM a rhino* I can do that with my eyes closed, but it seems then the drones won't show up.... As for my clan, haven't seen a single one online since the event started, bunch of slackers..

Whatever the case, these runners are really starting to spoil the game for me in a major way. I already find them annoying scum in normal gameplay, especially when they, inevitably, go down and I see the rest of the team speed away to help them (I mean, why would you?). But with this event they really sabotage the underlying mission.

[/rant]

Just needed to get that off my chest....

Edit: * note that I have a fully upgraded rush and quickrest, I'm a rhino but by no means "slow"

i use a braton. but mine isnt underpowered. and yes, you can kill drones with a braton, it iss possible. modded and potato'd of course.

Bah, there is only 1 day left on the event and we are only at 57%, so there's a chance we may lose. I wonder what happens if we do.

Yeah at this rate it's not looking too good. :(

I don't know if there are not enough people able to play this weekend, too many drones to be killed or what the issue is. At this rate though I think we'll need at least at least another 24 hours+ or they need to reduce the total numbers of drones to be killed.

If we don't make it I guess it just means we get no Vandal Snipertron or mods.

Great work though for many of the others playing that are going *way* beyond the 20 needed!

• Fix for Radial Disarm being able to manipulate the “enemies remaining” in Exterminate missions.

Wasn't really much of a bug before, but now instead of having a few enemies left over after the mission is over, you will have all enemies dead and a few remaining on the counter, forcing you to quit the mission.  A minor bug turned into a major one.

Meh, It would be nice if there was a leaderboard for individual kills on Grineer Informer so people are able to give up earlier lol

um... there is? if you click in the top left corner (EXP bar and also your name and picture) it says RIGHT THERE how many drones youve killed =/.effort. come on

Earth Cambria a lot of drones

Farm solo. 301drone so far, started 4 hours ago.

Damn... now I'm feeling like a slow-poke. Got 161 from about a day's worth of Everest runs. Well, at least I gained some neurodes...

No waiting on teammates

I tried several rounds on solo, since I AM a rhino* I can do that with my eyes closed, but it seems then the drones won't show up.... As for my clan, haven't seen a single one online since the event started, bunch of slackers..

[/rant]

Just needed to get that off my chest....

Edit: * note that I have a fully upgraded rush and quickrest, I'm a rhino but by no means "slow"

Contrary to what a lot of people would say, overcoming the frustration while keeping it to yourself is a much better way of dealing with it than spilling it out. Just saying.

Oh, and don't expect random players to play the game like you want them to. They have their own opinions on the matter.

The ones that rush forward alone without as much as a single shot, and then stand there like idiots waiting for a payload bearer are funny though. ;P

And as far as PUG environment goes, you barely need rush-focused mods. It's primarily about level knowledge and a few tricks. More often than not, even on a non-accelerated frost (currently the slowest frame in the whole game) I manage too keep pace with Lokis or accelerated runners just because they aren't doing it right.

Also, your speed matters in only 4 cases - if you're the second runner on the team (for double doors and early extraction), if you're the forth runner and you are less than a minute behind the second runner, if you are carrying the payload, if it's Fossa and Jackal is still inactive. In all other cases nobody cares how much of a slow-poke you allow yourself to be, so feel free to break the crates and smell the flowers. And frankly, it's not your problem if you don't fit into a random player's "rushing dream team" anyway, you don't have to play the way they like it either.

um... there is? if you click in the top left corner (EXP bar and also your name and picture) it says RIGHT THERE how many drones youve killed =/.effort. come on

There isn't. You can see your progress, but there's no way to see fow far you are behind the first 100.

That said, early give-ups just might leave us all without any rewards - 63% done, 20H left.