Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting one shot in duels while using Rhino Prime

(PSN)BeeoriginalGFX

Question

I may sound like an idiot saying this...

I went and dueled a random guy in a clan dojo for fun and he completely demolished me in a duel... no gun just dashed at me with a melee weapon and one shot me... When I asked him how he somehow managed to do over 1,400 damage in one shot he just said "git gud" and left... How did he do it and how can I learn to either negate what he did or do it faster?

15 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, maj.death said:

Name the weapon.

I am unsure the weapon name

2 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

What weapon ?

If you say "dash" it sounds to me like a nikana (or variant) with blind justice, the dash deals 5 proc of slash (which are true damage)

It looked as if he had glowing orbs or something on his feet and hands, is that a weapon type?

I've never seen anything like what he did before... Never had someone kill me that fast either it looked like a bullet jump attack but im not sure that it was. I was using my Silva & Aegis at the time and it was able to eat through my block too.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)BeeoriginalGFX said:

I may sound like an idiot saying this...

I went and dueled a random guy in a clan dojo for fun and he completely demolished me in a duel... no gun just dashed at me with a melee weapon and one shot me... When I asked him how he somehow managed to do over 1,400 damage in one shot he just said "git gud" and left... How did he do it and how can I learn to either negate what he did or do it faster?

Dojo duels uses Conclave 1.0 system man. Any weapon with a full build can one shot there. Nothing to do, only kill him first.

Just now, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Dojo duels uses Conclave 1.0 system man. Any weapon with a full build can one shot there. Nothing to do, only kill him first.

What is Conclave 1.0? I've never heard of it. I'm not even sure what you mean by full build... I tried shooting him with my Akstilleto Prime and he acted like a bullet sponge.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)BeeoriginalGFX said:

What is Conclave 1.0? I've never heard of it. I'm not even sure what you mean by full build... I tried shooting him with my Akstilleto Prime and he acted like a bullet sponge.

Full Build = Complete build with formas and all mods on max rank

Conclave 1.0 was the first version of the conclave system. It didn't have damage reduction. It was based on the PvE system.

Example:

My Latron Prime can crit 65k damage in PvE

On the Team Conclave that uses Conclave 2.0 system, all weapons are balanced and can't crit. My Latron Prime only hits for 500 damage max.

However, the dojo duels uses the old Conclave 1.0 system that uses the PvE balance. There my Latron Prime have the same damage used in the PvE and I can crit 65k damage. Meaning that I can kill everything that don't have full imortality with one shot if you're not fast enough.

This happens with all weapons and skills. An damage frame can cast a skill and kill you right after the round started.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)TomTheImperator said:

was he channeling? if not it might be obex

does it look like this?

jUT7wPYMz6JOV3OQuBDUw30DGmDyEjeJfNrYgfO_kmXDx0tju41cbcUbDriqQhR1d1mjhzffyAuPg2_VGIgzngn5VY8Wx7HVSPbWRfpJgM-jWqSOPOARWNfqTFj_eyYsd1XP0TbL

yeah I think that might be it :O

2 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Full Build = Complete build with formas and all mods on max rank

Conclave 1.0 was the first version of the conclave system. It didn't have damage reduction. It was based on the PvE system.

Example:

My Latron Prime can crit 65k damage in PvE

On the Team Conclave that uses Conclave 2.0 system, all weapons are balanced and can't crit. My Latron Prime only hits for 500 damage max.

However, the dojo duels uses the old Conclave 1.0 system that uses the PvE balance. There my Latron Prime have the same damage used in the PvE and I can crit 65k damage. Meaning that I can kill everything that don't have full imortality with one shot if you're not fast enough.

I have a Latron Prime but mine only does about 1,000 damage according to the arsenal loudout screen.. What did you do to get it so high?

39 minutes ago, (PS4)BeeoriginalGFX said:

I have a Latron Prime but mine only does about 1,000 damage according to the arsenal loudout screen.. What did you do to get it so high?

Thats because the arsenal shows the raw damage of the weapon. And not the real damage it can deal against enemies.

Another example:

Im using a corrosive build in my Latron Prime and I shot the head of a lvl 40 Grineer Butcher and deals 32k crit damage. My Latron Prime have 769.5 corrosive damage + 342 puncture, 42 slash and 42 impact. Total raw damage = 1195.5. But:

1- I'm using corrosive against grineer armor and this gives me 75% more damage + 50% more damage because puncture is good against ferrite armor too

2- It was a crit. That means my damage got multiplied by 8.5x from my crit damage ( Vital Sense + Bladed Rounds)

3- It was a headshot, + 2x damage multiplier

4- Normally 32k crit is normal but I'm a Rhino main, if I use Roar, I can get 2x more damage on top of all of this, going to 65k (I don't know why but never is the double, only in specific and perfect shots when everything went right) or more (Rivens, Heavy Caliber, etc)

You have many variables in the game that the arsenal don't show to you. And this variables changes the damage of your weapons and the damage you receive.

This is my personal build

rlyfdh.jpg

Edit: Need a better english book

Edit 2: Headshot multiplies damage, not crit damage.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Dojo duels kinda show exactly what's wrong with the Damage system in this game.

Can deal 1-45 million damage (Literally) but can only take 30-80k on the tankiest of frames.

Now if only our and enemies' ehp/damage were more or less on par, Nyx's Chaos would turn into a mass murdering ability.

Edited by Ksaero