Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 17 Test

Cat__Nap

Question

So I'm not sure if I just totally fail or if this test is actually a bit difficult. I'm having trouble keeping up with the time limit.

I read tips on the wiki but some of those don't work anymore (Redeemer doesn't break orbs any longer with its charged shot, for one). The last time I succeeded in practice was with an Ember using WoF + max range Orthos Prime, but failed during the actual test, so I think I might've just gotten lucky. Is there any trick to making this more doable? I thought it would be easiest with WoF, but Ember is so slow otherwise that I couldn't get across the map in time in the Qualifying test when it kept spawning the orbs across the map from each other. 

Is this test just about dumb luck in where the orbs happen to spawn? :I

15 answers to this question

I still recomend Ember for that one . simulor if you are having trouble.

Focus on getting 2-3 spheres before killing any enemie. and break further orbs when the timer reachs 10. Train bullet jumping on that tile set because with ember you should. change your build from over extended to a dmg mod. just for the test. to kill faster. Thats mostly how i did it

30 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Ever tried bullet jump? óÒ

Of course I bullet jump. She's still slower than the frames I usually use.

31 minutes ago, An8rchy said:

I still recomend Ember for that one . simulor if you are having trouble.

Focus on getting 2-3 spheres before killing any enemie. and break further orbs when the timer reachs 10. Train bullet jumping on that tile set because with ember you should. change your build from over extended to a dmg mod. just for the test. to kill faster. Thats mostly how i did it

Yeah, thanks, I'll try swapping her mods around so she kills faster tomorrow. This is the first test I've had difficulty with since one of the parkour ones x_x.

I think part of what's been screwing with me is that the re-done platforms are hard to see the edges of, so I have to waste time figuring out what's a gap and what's a platform when getting to some of the orbs. Same problem I had on the harder parkour test. The old map textures were so much clearer, even if they weren't as pretty.

I've always had issues on these new mastery tests. The jumping and such doesn't fit your usual game play. I've actually done the MR17 test just a couple of weeks ago and the most effective way for me was to use a 220str/220range Equinox and mainly maim the enemies. I simply popped two great energy restores just as the map loaded (you can pop them quickly before the demo starts) and started with some 500 energy. After that it was just running around collecting time with a Nikana Prime (fast combos + huge range with Primed Reach) and I ended up finishing the test with over 20 seconds remaining.

I also found this test to be one of the most difficult.

To pass it I used Titania to fly to each sphere and slash it. I modded with a maxed flow, efficiency and duration, and brought power pads. Interestingly enough the enemies seemed to kill themselves off, so I only had to shoot a few of them as long as I kept the clock up.

I also had maxed enemy detection, but did not really make used of it, and as much movement speed buff as I could, but I am not sure if that affected Titania's flight speed.

Edited by Sparklelord
Added detail

8 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Hm... I just ran the test again. I had no problem.
But if you never use bullet jump in your usual gameplay you have a problem. 
Then again if you have problems doing this test you will probably quit the game if you ever reach rank 23...

Please, enlighten me how bullet jump gets you all the way across the map in 4 seconds. Also, show me where I said I never bullet jump. I explicitly stated that I do. I also never said I was going to quit over it, nor have I been raging about not being able to pass it after several tries. I asked for tips, and other people gave me some. 

Thanks to everyone that gave helpful answers! Hoping to pass the test today after some practices. :)

1 hour ago, Cat__Nap said:

Please, enlighten me how bullet jump gets you all the way across the map in 4 seconds

By just using the maneuver...
But I use it also instead os running because it's faster if you know how to do it right.

Also, show me where I said I never bullet jump. I explicitly stated that I do.

Did I speak about you there? Siideriu stated in his post bullet jumping wouldn't fit his play style. So it's clear he would have some problems running the test.
Sorry if you are that egocentric to think everything is directed at you.

I was going to quit over it, nor have I been raging about not being able to pass it after several tries.

Au contraire. I myselfe never stated you would quit the game. But as you said you've got quite the problems traversing the map. And that's what you will have to do to pass the rank 23 test. 

I used Ember with WoF as this seems ed to be the only way I could concentrate on killing enemies and getting the orbs. If you wait until you hit the 3rd orb and then use WoF you will kill aprox 20-25 enemies as you run for the next 2-3 orbs. This leave about 5-10 to clean up and it should make it much easier. I tried max speed Loki and also Volt but could not concentrate and aim and then run quick enough to get to the next orb. Some sort of passive killing like WoF makes it much easier as all you have to do is really concentrate on the orbs.

Hope this helps.

Yeah I managed to complete it two days ago. Takes some getting used to, but with max sprint speed and high strength Ember, it's much easier (had more range than strength before). Definitely one of the hardest tests up to 17 though. I've only struggled with this one and the more difficult parkour one. I think it's also a bit of RNG where the orbs spawn, though.

On 1/4/2017 at 3:52 PM, Cat__Nap said:

Yeah I managed to complete it two days ago. Takes some getting used to, but with max sprint speed and high strength Ember, it's much easier (had more range than strength before). Definitely one of the hardest tests up to 17 though. I've only struggled with this one and the more difficult parkour one. I think it's also a bit of RNG where the orbs spawn, though.

Congrats on the rank up. I was serious though about the next test. There is a known bug where you can fail all 3 attempts before even seeing your warframe in the arena. All because the first foe can spawn facing wrong. I hope it goes smoothly for you...blasted stealth tests.

On 1/3/2017 at 7:52 AM, WhiteMarker said:

By just using the maneuver...
But I use it also instead os running because it's faster if you know how to do it right.

"if you know how to do it right" - but your not going to say how to do it right, are you? you're just going to lord your heavenly superiority over others without, you know, actually being a help.

Did I speak about you there? Siideriu stated in his post bullet jumping wouldn't fit his play style. So it's clear he would have some problems running the test.
Sorry if you are that egocentric to think everything is directed at you.

Given the fact that you didn't quote anyone else, and you clicked on "reply" to a question posted by Cat__Nap, its actually not egocentric at all that OP thought you directed your comment at them.

Au contraire. I myselfe never stated you would quit the game. But as you said you've got quite the problems traversing the map. And that's what you will have to do to pass the rank 23 test. 

i suppose TECHNICALLY correct as your actual words said "probably will" instead of "would"

"Then again if you have problems doing this test you will probably quit the game if you ever reach rank 23..." <--- actual words, said by you, copied and pasted

------------------------------------------------anyway------------------------------------------------

On 1/3/2017 at 6:39 AM, Cat__Nap said:

Please, enlighten me how bullet jump gets you all the way across the map in 4 seconds. Also, show me where I said I never bullet jump. I explicitly stated that I do. I also never said I was going to quit over it, nor have I been raging about not being able to pass it after several tries. I asked for tips, and other people gave me some. 

Thanks to everyone that gave helpful answers! Hoping to pass the test today after some practices. :)

Bullet jump on its own is usually fairly mediocre at crossing long distances quickly.
(This next bit assumes you use keyboard/mouse and have sprint and roll bound separately) 

I use a maneuver that can be pretty tricky to pull off at first, but with some practice you can build up the muscle memory to pull it off with ease:
Sprint -> Slide -> BulletJump -> DoubleJump -> Aimglide -> (in air)Roll -> (in air)Slide(if necessary)

I recommend the dojo obstacle course for practicing this, using ember you can clear that annoying "moving pillars you have to jump on" section in a single bound!
If you are not already using this procedure for crossing long open distances i hope my suggestion helps!

Also: If you hold the slide key whilst still in the roll animation when the roll ends, you will immediately slide, no need for precise timing on that step!
Also Also: if in indoor enclosed spaces, you can just repeatedly use slide+roll to speed up movement and to avoid hitting your head on the roof!