Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

resonance banshee build?

zoobmer

Question

I found a build, tweaked it, and got this

the idea is to keep sonar going, and going, and going.

• the original version I found had
    • excessive strength (+199% for 15 times damage),
    • no efficiency (-45% for 73 casting cost) and
    • unusually low duration. (+27& for 38 seconds)
  • mine has
    • less strength (+126% for 11 times damage)
    • some efficiency (-15% for 58 casting cost)
    •  a heavy focus on duration (+55% for 50 seconds)
    • an extra survivability mod

what are your opinions on this build?

Edited by ZBanx

14 answers to this question

While I'm wondering what's up with that negative efficiency, it's a pretty solid build... sonar doesn't exactly need much strength to one shot everything to infinity, plus with resonance, sonar stacking is incredibly easy. Might do the unthinkable and share my own build tomorrow when I get in game.

Just now, maj.death said:

While I'm wondering what's up with that negative efficiency, it's a pretty solid build... sonar doesn't exactly need much strength to one shot everything to infinity, plus with resonance, sonar stacking is incredibly easy. Might do the unthinkable and share my own build tomorrow when I get in game.

the negative efficiency is from a rank 8 blind rage. I wanted to get as much strength as I could without sacrificing my ability to keep it going.

It depends on where you're fighting.

If your fighting lvl 300+ enemies then Quick Thinking is all you can spare on Banshee. Her mod slots are very valuable.

If you're playing up to Sorties then more Defense and less Power Strength works fine.

It also depends what gear you're using. I don't use efficiency on my Banshee because I use an Arcane Energize set.

I use this for my lvl 300+ runs, I don't really use Banshee much outside that.

ocqDzNO.jpg

I don't really think Coaction drift is worth using for energy. Just work on getting Zenurik. I would also consider Primed Flow if you plan to use Quick Thinking. Sometimes a larger energy pool can work better than efficiency. I think your first build is better.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

It depends on where you're fighting.

If your fighting lvl 300+ enemies then Quick Thinking is all you can spare on Banshee. Her mod slots are very valuable.

If you're playing up to Sorties then more Defense and less Power Strength works fine.

It also depends what gear you're using. I don't use efficiency on my Banshee because I use an Arcane Energize set.

I use this for my lvl 300+ runs, I don't really use Banshee much outside that.

ocqDzNO.jpg

I don't really think Coaction drift is worth using for energy. Just work on getting Zenurik. I would also consider Primed Flow if you plan to use Quick Thinking. Sometimes a larger energy pool can work better than efficiency. I think your first build is better.

I've never fought level 300 enemies. where do they spawn?

also, rush? really?

in any case, I like this build. I would probably only go to rank 8 for the corrupted mods, keep using energy siphon and use power drift to make up the difference, but that's just me. otherwise, that's the build I'm going for.

in any case, I still have to wait for her to build, (I took her parts out of the foundry and started building her right when I made this post) find a potato, farm the mods I don't have (transient fortitude, quick thinking, power drift), get a primed flow from baro, level up my banshee, forma her, and rank up the ten rank mods. should I just use streamline until I get primed flow? in any case, nice to have something to build towards.

25 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

I've never fought level 300 enemies. where do they spawn?

also, rush? really?

in any case, I like this build. I would probably only go to rank 8 for the corrupted mods, keep using energy siphon and use power drift to make up the difference, but that's just me. otherwise, that's the build I'm going for.

in any case, I still have to wait for her to build, (I took her parts out of the foundry and started building her right when I made this post) find a potato, farm the mods I don't have (transient fortitude, quick thinking, power drift), get a primed flow from baro, level up my banshee, forma her, and rank up the ten rank mods. should I just use streamline until I get primed flow? in any case, nice to have something to build towards.

Lvl 300 enemies start around the 2 hour mark in an endless mission. I'm an endurance runner so I end up there about once a week. Trying to find interesting new ways to squeeze every bit of damage out of a build and team comp is part of what keeps me interested in playing.

Rush is just a preference. I'm a spam roller. I roll instead of bullet jumping for mobility. It gives 75% damage resistance and CC immunity. Which is a little more safe with higher level enemies. Your roll momentum is a factor of your sprint speed. Rush helps keeps your momentum when you spam roll. It's about the same speed as bullet jumping when you use Rush.

It's hard to say on Flow Vs Streamline.  I would just try it. They're both --- slot so you won't waste a forma either way. Energy Drain Eximus are why I tend to lean on Flow more than Efficiency. I think it mostly matters on what you're fighting. 

I can tell you Quick Thinking is only about 565 eHP without Primed Flow which is still technically better than Vitality or Redirection but that's assuming full energy and both HP/Shields can be recovered more easily if you're not using Zenurik passive or Arcane Energize. Even with +30% Efficiency your Sonar is technically costing you about 83 eHP to cast so if you cast it once Vitality is the same eHP until you recover. With normal Flow QT gives 1,130 eHP.  I just wouldn't use QT if you're not going to use Flow, it's kinda hardly worth it when you have Primed Flow because the stagger effect when you take heavy damage can be rough.

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Lvl 300 enemies start around the 2 hour mark in an endless mission. I'm an endurance runner so I end up there about once a week. Trying to find interesting new ways to squeeze every bit of damage out of a build and team comp is part of what keeps me interested in playing.

Rush is just a preference. I'm a spam roller. I roll instead of bullet jumping for mobility. It gives 75% damage resistance and CC immunity. Which is a little more safe with higher level enemies. Your roll momentum is a factor of your sprint speed. Rush helps keeps your momentum when you spam roll. It's about the same speed as bullet jumping when you use Rush.

It's hard to say on Flow Vs Streamline.  I would just try it. They're both --- slot so you won't waste a forma either way. Energy Drain Eximus are why I tend to lean on Flow more than Efficiency. I think it mostly matters on what you're fighting. 

I can tell you Quick Thinking is only about 565 eHP without Primed Flow which is still technically better than Vitality or Redirection but that's assuming full energy and both HP/Shields can be recovered more easily if you're not using Zenurik passive or Arcane Energize. Even with +30% Efficiency your Sonar is technically costing you about 83 eHP to cast so if you cast it once Vitality is the same eHP until you recover. With normal Flow QT gives 1,130 eHP.  I just wouldn't use QT if you're not going to use Flow, it's kinda hardly worth it when you have Primed Flow because the stagger effect when you take heavy damage can be rough.

okay, well, I won't be doing more than 40 minutes/waves of survival/defense, so the build you're suggesting is not for me. can you suggest one for supporting a team of random people on the internet for sorties and/or trials?

39 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

okay, well, I won't be doing more than 40 minutes/waves of survival/defense, so the build you're suggesting is not for me. can you suggest one for supporting a team of random people on the internet for sorties and/or trials?

Yea, that's my thing with Banshee. She's irreplaceable on a team but you also really don't need the kinda damage multipliers she can pull until much higher in level, IMO.

I would just go with less Power Strength, more Defense and more energy supply. You just want to make sure Sonar is worth shooting at over an enemy weak point. Defensive mods will still help keep her alive by the 40min mark. Much past that though and it's more about your actions that keep banshee alive over any mods you use.

Something like https://goo.gl/65bz9n

Consider that a head-crit is +400% damage and one of the more crit intensive weapons like Soma Prime is 75% crit then it will do an avg of x3 damage when you head-shot with it. A +725% Sonar is more than twice as good as a head-shot with an overlap Resonance chance to do +525,625%  damage on rare occasion. So it's worth shooting at.  You have good energy management and can take a hit... most of the time.

5 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

someone in game game me this build. 

Yep tis' my build. I tend to recast Sonar a lot so I like some efficency (also because I'm a lazy bum and don't wanna add more forma to banshee even though I like her) . Also waiting for banshee prime so I can finally forma her properly :^). But yeah as some people have said already, you really don't need high power str for banshee's sonar.

On 1/3/2017 at 11:23 AM, Monohai said:

Yep tis' my build. I tend to recast Sonar a lot so I like some efficency (also because I'm a lazy bum and don't wanna add more forma to banshee even though I like her) . Also waiting for banshee prime so I can finally forma her properly :^). But yeah as some people have said already, you really don't need high power str for banshee's sonar.

I think your build is my favorite so far. I would appreciate it if you played around with warframe builder to see if you can make a better version of the same build, possibly with more forma.