Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is a burger considered a sandwich?

Cyrolen

I've been having a long argument with my friends on whether or not a burger is considered a sandwich. I am on the side of yes it is a sandwich. We have used examples of if mac and cheese is pasta and the squares and rectangles argument.

What do you guys think?

does it matter...

whenever I go to Carls Jr , some of the employee would ask "do you want the combo or the just the sandwich"

I mean, I don't really care as long as I get my one way ticket to hell for $7,49. 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Valteria. said:

does it matter...

whenever I go to Carls Jr , some of the employee would ask "do you want the combo or the just the sandwich"

I mean, I don't really care as long as I get my one way ticket to hell for $7,49. 

Itll take a lot more tickets to go there...trust me ive tried. Only ended up with a stomache ache.

Concept wise of putting stuff between two bread pieces, yeah burger's a sandwich.

It's not really commercially acceptable to call it a sandwich though. Burgers start off with a round bun, sandwiches start off with square bread. Like how croissants with a piece of cheese in the middle is just croissant, not cheese sandwich. You're going to get weird looks the next time you try to order a beef sandwich at McDonald's, and the fact that there's like 5+ variations at a time doesn't help.

You guys need Burgesus,

A hamburger patty in a bun = Burger

A hamburger patty between 2 pieces of bread = Patty Melt

Burger= patty shaped meat + bun

Sandwich= any non-patty form of food stuffs + any bread form stuffs

The sandwich= any breed of horse

The burger= a beautiful unicorn, not technically a horse

It's Science...