Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

fancy a trip to Grustrag?

(PSN)robotwars7

after recently getting the Brakk (finally), I decided to go over the Codex lore surrounding the G3. for some reason Vem Tabook's entry isn't there, but I know what all of them say. my attention will focus on the one which is a message from Sargas Ruk to Councillor Vay Hek. (Leekter's, I think. not great with the names).

in the entry, Sargas mentions his disgust at Vay Hek's intention to release the newly-reconditioned Grustrag Three into operation as his personal hit squad. the G3 had done "something" to Sargas prior to this, and Ruk goes on to say that anyone who disobeys the queens should be destroyed. he claims Vay Hek will regret this decision, but the interesting part for me is "if it were up to me, Grustrag and everyone in it would be ash!", mentioning Grustrag as an actual location. when we look at the other Entry that is a message from Dr. Tengus to Vay Hek, Tengus signs the letter as "Dr. Tengus, Director of Grustrag Rehabilitation Facility." this officially states Grustrag is a place, and the G3 are named after the place they were "reconditioned"

now I'm curious as to who and why the Grineer can rehabilitate clones, when defectors and traitors are usually either killed or sent to Rathuum, assuming they don't successfully reach Steel Meridian. Grustrag sounds like it could be some kind of Mental Asylum for the worst Grineer clones. perhaps only those with potential are sent there, or maybe it's all a part of another Tengus experiment? I fancy a trip there, to see what kind of hellhole a Grineer Asylum would look like, and just to see how crazy the subjects there are. it could be like another Gradivus Dilemma event, where Sargas Ruk contacts us to infiltrate the facility and destroy it for him. a counter offer could then be made by Tengus to attack Ruk's forces instead, and both could offer different rewards.

of course, the Grineer have had more than enough attention recently, and I would love to see the Corpus expanded on now, but when it's time to get back to the Grineer again, would any of you be curious as to what goes on within the Grustrag facility? let me know!

Copied from the wiki page:

"The Grustrag Three were formerly regular Grineer marines who (while aboard a troop transport) suddenly slaughtered their comrades, claiming that they were growing "impatient for the killing". After being committed to the Grustrag Reconditioning Facility, Facility Director Dr. Tengus discovered that the marines suffer from a rare mutation brought about by cloning, vastly increasing their combat potential at the cost of deteriorating mental faculties.

Under Vay Hek's order, Tengus reconditioned them, with the intent of focusing their aggression towards the Tenno instead. Although mostly successful, the Three still had lingering violent behavior towards fellow Grineer. To counteract this, Tengus developed the Grustrag Bolt, a device that limited their effectiveness against other Grineer personnel. Tengus had additional Bolts created, to be used against the Tenno during the Three's operations."

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

"if it were up to me, Grustrag and everyone in it would be ash!", mentioning Grustrag as an actual location

i'm pretty sure he's referring to the group itself 

"Grustrag and everyone in it"

Vem tabook

Leekter

Shik tal

also it could have been a typo or just a bad choice of words

Are any of the Grineer generals even breathing besides Vay Hek who runs off like a chicken with it's head cut-off (lol) and Vor who went void crazy? Their absence in the War Within when their own Queens were getting chopped up makes them either look incredibly incompetent or just dead whatever meaning that holds to a clone.

Dr. Tengus is really the only one left standing besides Worm Queen and no one even knows what he looks like.

• 3 weeks later...