Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Flying

Elarionus

Question

So, I am trying to do more advanced Archwing stuff, but the Archwings are INSANELY hard to fly. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to actually use them? And also, how do you roll?? I bound keys to it, but they do NOTHING. I am often stuck with ABSURD camera angles with no way to pitch/yaw/roll, any standard controls, leading to extreme disorientation, and mission failure.

6 answers to this question

Rolling is broken because DE doesn't want to make "Six degrees of Freedom" inferior on controllers

The only way to fix your camera is to let go of your mouse and move around with WASD; your camera will VERY SLOWLY reorient. Yes, it's freaking stupid and the worst possible idea, but that's what DE decided on

The best way to navigate in AW is melee spam, since everything but Jordas boss fights is incredibly underpowered compared to you

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Rolling is broken because DE doesn't want to make "Six degrees of Freedom" inferior on controllers

The only way to fix your camera is to let go of your mouse and move around with WASD; your camera will VERY SLOWLY reorient. Yes, it's freaking stupid and the worst possible idea, but that's what DE decided on

The best way to navigate in AW is melee spam, since everything but Jordas boss fights is incredibly underpowered compared to you

Inferior? That's not going to change anything, it's just going to stop screwing their players over. >_> it's a simple thing, why would they just dump on a game mode with such awesome potential? >_>

Staying in place reorientates you little by little. Beside of that, just avoid too sharp turns on Corpus maps. Grineer maps are open so its ok, but with Corpus maps you just need to be careful, just strafe instead (left, right, crouch and jump for down, up) and you will be fine.

I bet you want to beat that cursed mission on Phobos. If you want easy mode, take Amesha with Fluctus - swarm will cover you from slow mines and Fluctus hitbox and punch though will destroy shield drones and transports in no time. No potatoes required. Same thing with Pursuit.

1 hour ago, Arrjo said:

IIRC there is a combination like ALT+A/D to roll or something like that.

I didn't play AW for a long time, so it may not work anymore tho...

The ALT trick doesn't work anymore. Too bad because you could roll while boosting forward (shift + W).

As for the rolling not working for OP, you need to let go of the shift key (or maybe all other keys) for the new rolling input to work. (Did you make sure to select keys for the rolls that aren't being used already?)  You can't roll while pressing other keys. Keyboard can't handle that many inputs. Odd thing, I tried assigning my mousebutton 4 + 5 for left/right roll and I still can't roll while boosting. I have to let go of the Shift key and then I can roll while flying forward at normal speed.