Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is killing me in one hit?

MillbrookWest

Question

Curious as to what enemy is dealing all this damage? It's something that spawns with the kuva siphons, but i don't know what, Am i doing somethign wrong? Still learning how to play these missions and this isn't helping o_O

Whatever it is, it doesn't care for shields, or the fact it can't see me so im thinking something with an AOE, but i got no clue. It's not the idiotic flamethrower mechanics, i know that much as i can at least see the flame ticks draining health. 

This is a single frame. 16milliseconds = Full health to nothing:

20170104warframe163sxb.jpg

20170104warframe2vyski.jpg

10 answers to this question

If it's Grineer, as I see, on some high levels Scorch (flamethrower wielding medium units) and Hyekka Masters (Kavat summoner with flamethrowers) can deal insane amount of damage, no matter how fast or agile you are (They spray it in a cone). It's my best bet.

Yeah it's probably scorches... the #@*&$@s are OP as all hell and more than half the time the game doesn't care if the scorch is aiming at you or not, they're just gonna deal 10,000 damage in a second across a 360 degree radius on the X, Y and Z Axis that's 50 meters long with infinite punch through because that's fair and balanced.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Scorches and hyekka masters are known to shoot fire much further than their fire particles show (I remember almost getting downed a few times by a hyekka master that was occupied shooting a random infested while facing my direction. The mysterious killer is possibly from a flamethrower.

Scorches and cat ladies are the only enemies that can kill me that quickly in kuva flood missions. I usually go as Inaros or Nidus but it doesn't matter. They still kill you before you have time to react or even realize that they spawned behind you.

1 hour ago, Fenicis said:

If it's Grineer, as I see, on some high levels Scorch (flamethrower wielding medium units) and Hyekka Masters (Kavat summoner with flamethrowers) can deal insane amount of damage, no matter how fast or agile you are (They spray it in a cone). It's my best bet.

^ This and check the Tile if there isn't any Rampart, destroy him ASAP.

Edit: I forgot those "Garlic heads", they are easy to overlook, especially when u are Operator.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

Sadly there's more broken enemies than just Scorchers in this game.

Toxic Ancients one shot you in a 360 degree angle. Techs one shot you from anywhere, Disruptor auras stack and their Energy drain cannot be mitigation. a lvl 145 Disruptor drains 212 energy per hit. Commanders teleport you and you die before the game lets you move. Napalms have a 15m AoE one shot with target prediction. Osprey are immune to 90% of CC mechanics.

Was it a regular Siphon or the Flood? If it was a Flood (so level 100 mission) then it's no wonder you were killed easily.

Also, there's an indicator showing what direction you were hit from (visible on the latter picture). Perhaps a Ballista one-shot you?