Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"New" Healing Return on Destreza

DefinitelyNotProPlayer

Question

16 answers to this question

It's 11 heal per hit when maxed out for 16 drain.

A maximised Life Strike on an otherwise unmodded Destreza will get you 18 per hit for 9 drain.

It's just not worth it even on weapons that have the ability to reach 100% status chance or have stances that do the same. The constant healing is kinda nice, I guess, but it's so badly outclassed by Life Strike I still wouldn't use it. And that's without considering you'll probably need a D polarity on your weapon just to fit it, which in a lot of cases is going to set you back a Forma.

If it was something like 100 heal per Status proc on the target I might be tempted but as it stands Life Strike is by far the superior option.

HEALING RETURN

So the new status mods came in (some time ago actually). Maybe Healing Return would fit in Destreza build? Destreza has 100% bleed chance so it may replace Life Strike. 

BUILD

And the second thing, what do you think about my build for Destreza? What can i replace if i want put Healing Return in?

-Fever Strike

-Shocking Touch

-Pressure Point

-True Steel

-Organ Shatter

-Berserker

-Blood Rush

-Body Count

Sorry for bad english. 

Edited by DefinitelyNotProPlayer

Healing Return shines on weapons that:

1)Have high status chance

2)Have large range

One of the best uses I've found for HR is for the Jat Kittag. You jump attack into a group of enemies and immediately get almost full health. It works well on the Secura Lecta and the Telos Boltace too. Basically, look for weapons that can proc a lot of enemies at the same time. It's 11 heal per second, but it's also per enemy hit by status.

The Destreza has 5% base status chance. You will kill the enemy 10 times by the time you will get a status proc on them. Completely pointless to use Healing Return on this weapon.
If you want to get a mod that heals you, get an unranked Life Strike and replace your True Steel with it. You don't need that much crit chance because you already have Blood Rush which gives an extreme amount of critical chance.

15 minutes ago, ShadowFox14 said:

The Destreza has 5% base status chance. You will kill the enemy 10 times by the time you will get a status proc on them. Completely pointless to use Healing Return on this weapon.
If you want to get a mod that heals you, get an unranked Life Strike and replace your True Steel with it. You don't need that much crit chance because you already have Blood Rush which gives an extreme amount of critical chance.

That's where you're wrong. Destreza always procs Slash in the first two hits.  So if you're gonna hit something with the Deztreza at all you're gonna be healing yourself no matter what.

Two important reasons that Healing Return is relevant:

1. It works even if you do not have your melee weapon equipped.
  2. It doesn't cost energy.

Life Strike is a stronger, faster heal....But it forces you to equip your melee as main weapon and it costs energy. A lot of energy if you're using it in the middle of a crowd.

20 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Life Strike is a stronger, faster heal....But it forces you to equip your melee as main weapon and it costs energy. A lot of energy if you're using it in the middle of a crowd.

If 1 is correct either it's a bug or the mod description needs to be changed.

It's supposed to only work when you melee a target that has a status effect active.

52 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotProPlayer said:

HEALING RETURN

So the new status mods came in (some time ago actually). Maybe Healing Return would fit in Destreza build? Destreza has 100% bleed chance so it may replace Life Strike. 

BUILD

And the second thing, what do you think about my build for Destreza? What can i replace if i want put Healing Return in?

-Fever Strike

-Shocking Touch

-Pressure Point

-True Steel

-Organ Shatter

-Berserker

-Blood Rush

-Body Count

Sorry for bad english. 

Ditch True Steel if you're using Blood Rush & Body Count combo, it's just not worth a slot.

2 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

It's supposed to only work when you melee a target that has a status effect active.

I think you misunderstood.  I'm saying you do not need to Switch To Melee to make it work. Quick attacks are enough. Which is different from Life Strike which, as a melee channeling mod, only works if you Switch To Melee.

Just now, Momaw said:

I think you misunderstood.  I'm saying you do not need to Switch To Melee to make it work. Quick attacks are enough. Which is different from Life Strike which, as a melee channeling mod, only works if you Switch To Melee.

Oh, OK. I thought you meant is was basically Rejuvenation on steroids as long as you were proccing status with your firearms or powers. Which to be honest is about what it would take to convince me to install it on anything.

I tried running it over the weekend as I put Forma on a few weapons to accommodate Condition Overload but quick melee or not couldn't see the point of it over Life Strike, even on something like Oberon that can slap everything in the area with a status effect even before getting to melee. The cost to reward ratio was just too far out for me.

1 hour ago, Momaw said:

Exactly! That's the main reason why you'd use Healing Return over Life Strike.

Fragile, caster frames on higher level content most of the time simply cannot allow them self to spend few seconds to switch to melee and hit enemies at the cost energy that keeps them alive, then switch back to primary/secondary.

That's where Healing Return comes. Use it one a high status chance weapons or on enemies that are already affected by status. Few quick melee strikes and your good.

Edited by A68PL

At 11 HP per enemy hit you're more likely to die than get yourself healed back to full strength when surrounded by high-level enemies though.

It may have some applications on the Telos Bolstace but even slide meleeing into large groups with a Secura Lecta running Gas wasn't enough to keep me topped off when I tried it.

1 hour ago, WrathAscending said:

At 11 HP per enemy hit you're more likely to die than get yourself healed back to full strength when surrounded by high-level enemies though.

It may have some applications on the Telos Bolstace but even slide meleeing into large groups with a Secura Lecta running Gas wasn't enough to keep me topped off when I tried it.

Even with Berserker and Destreza(Vulpine mask) fast combos? 

If you want weapon to go into group of enemies and heal yourself like crazy try Hirudo( i guess you did it arleady), its awesome. The only destreza's advantege is stance. I will use Destreza more anyway coz rapier ftw. 

Edited by DefinitelyNotProPlayer

4 hours ago, DrSleeepy said:

That's where you're wrong. Destreza always procs Slash in the first two hits.  So if you're gonna hit something with the Deztreza at all you're gonna be healing yourself no matter what.

I know that the stance Vulpine Mask has slash proc in it, but 11 health per hit per slash proc won't really help you. If you equip a Life Strike then you can get health whenever you want, and 1 hit will most likely heal all your lost health.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotProPlayer said:

Even with Berserker and Destreza(Vulpine mask) fast combos? 

If you want weapon to go into group of enemies and heal yourself like crazy try Hirudo( i guess you did it arleady), its awesome. The only destreza's advantege is stance. I will use Destreza more anyway coz rapier ftw. 

Even then.

I was using slide melee through large groups of enemies I'd primed with Reckoning on my maxed Primed Reach Orthos Prime and not even getting a fraction of the HP I would with an unranked Life Strike using Healing Return.

11 HP per hit just isn't enough. At 50 hp, or maybe 25 hp per status effect, it would be somewhat attractive given its 16 drain, at least on weapons with room-sweeping range like a Primed Reach Orthos Prime, and I'd be reluctant to touch it unless it was twice as good as that at least. As it stands, Life Strike is the one worth using.

Hirudo works by giving you a free unranked Life Strike hit every time you crit, on a weapon designed for crits. Once it's spooled up you can get back a few hundred HP on most hits and keep your pool full.

Edited by WrathAscending