Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus, armor not working?

Xephier223

Question

So I've been running some higher end missions with Nidus, and his base armor is ok, not the best, but even with that it feels like I am taking a lot more damage than I should be, even with steel fiber it feels like he is taking a ton more damage than he should be... Can anyone confirm or anything or am I just being paranoid?

1 minute ago, PsiWarp said:

You only have 1110 HP, it doesn't take much for high level enemies to melt through that even with armor.

I know that, but i've taken in frames with just as much with, technically, less armor and for some reason Nidus is feeling squishier.

Just now, Xephier223 said:

I know that, but i've taken in frames with just as much with, technically, less armor and for some reason Nidus is feeling squishier.

that's likely because other frames have even just a little bit of shielding to put a tiny little bit of defense over your hp.

1 minute ago, DeejayPwny said:

well, the Swarm moa do shred armor with the swarms, so my guess is that's what you're seeing.

I am aware of that... However, I did the sortie the other day and took less damage than I took today on a 35-40.  Not saying it is definitely the case, but I had a similar experience to the OP

3 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

You only have 1110 HP, it doesn't take much for high level enemies to melt through that even with armor.

Even after getting him to 25 stacks, his capped armor, he still is feeling fairly squishy compared to where he should be (Use valkyr because at max stacks they have roughly the same armor and over all health (shield included) and he just felt a lot squishier.

3 minutes ago, Xephier223 said:

Nidus also has no Shield buffer. Despite how useless shields can be, they do deflect SOME damage.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

1 minute ago, DeejayPwny said:

that's likely because other frames have even just a little bit of shielding to put a tiny little bit of defense over your hp.

Actually, with overall (shield included) they had far less and still just felt less squishy than him.

Just now, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Nidus is also based on stacking. I don't think you necessarily get all of those values at the get-go.

no you get 450 (780 with steel fiber) to start, and an additional 50 per 5 stacks up to 250. and even with all those stacks he still feels way squishier than he should by this point.

1 minute ago, Xephier223 said:

no you get 450 (780 with steel fiber) to start, and an additional 50 per 5 stacks up to 250. and even with all those stacks he still feels way squishier than he should by this point.

I feel the same way about Atlas. I think it may just be due to their style of play, and how their Armor is so high. Since it's so high, you actually take much more damage from Puncture, which can shred you faster than Impact or Slash a lot of the time, it seems. Other Warframes with Armor, but more Shields, also reflect some Puncture damage and take less to begin with, so there's also that.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

1 minute ago, Xephier223 said:

Even after getting him to 25 stacks, his capped armor, he still is feeling fairly squishy compared to where he should be (Use valkyr because at max stacks they have roughly the same armor and over all health (shield included) and he just felt a lot squishier.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Nidus is also based on stacking. I don't think you necessarily get all of those values at the get-go.

Actually the stacking armor bonus thing (alongside the alleged "stack bonuses") was some guy on the wiki putting random buffs in without citing any tests in-game whatsoever. Might need to double-check on that one in the Simulacrum, but it would be difficult since Nidus regens HP constantly.

12 minutes ago, Xephier223 said:

So I've been running some higher end missions with Nidus, and his base armor is ok, not the best, but even with that it feels like I am taking a lot more damage than I should be, even with steel fiber it feels like he is taking a ton more damage than he should be... Can anyone confirm or anything or am I just being paranoid?

What faction/enemies are you facing?

Just now, PsiWarp said:

Actually the stacking armor bonus thing (alongside the alleged "stack bonuses") was some guy on the wiki putting random buffs in without citing any tests in-game whatsoever. Might need to double-check on that one in the Simulacrum, but it would be difficult since Nidus regens HP constantly.

Well that answers that part then, but even going off of his armor at the start he still feels like he is lacking behind other frames near his armor. 

I thought nidus seemed to take damage a lot easier than other frames (even inaros without scarab armor) at the same level too.... didn't think much of at the time as it seemed to be on corpus and supposedly one or two of them have bugged laser weapons....

Just now, MrJxt said:

What faction/enemies are you facing?

Tried it on corpus, sentient, grineer and infested just to make sure. When compared with similar frames he just feels a lot squishier than he should be... I've literally gone games where I just stood there and let specific enemies hit me to try and see... sadly his regen does make it difficult and I can't tell but he does feel like his health is taking bigger hits than most other warframes (their shields were included in the test too.)

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I thought nidus seemed to take damage a lot easier than other frames (even inaros without scarab armor) at the same level too.... didn't think much of at the time as it seemed to be on corpus and supposedly one or two of them have bugged laser weapons....

I haven't had any trouble with a bugged laser weapon, but yeah it just feels like his armor isn't helping him.

1 minute ago, PsiWarp said:

Could it be possible that Nidus uses a different type of Health class than the normal Flesh all other frames seem to use? That could result in different damage types doing bonus damage to Nidus.

Maybe... That might be it, but it just feels like a flat overall "he takes more damage" than other warframes, no specific damage seems to do more to him than others. Honestly my biggest thought is maybe the armor he is suppose to gain while leveling up (because at level 1 he starts at 300 and at 30 he is suppose to have 450) isn't being counted in the actual math perhaps? Honestly I have no real strong thoughts on what is causing this and it may just be me being paranoid.

14 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Could it be possible that Nidus uses a different type of Health class than the normal Flesh all other frames seem to use? That could result in different damage types doing bonus damage to Nidus.

That sounds plausible. Infested Flesh takes 25% more damage of both Impact and Slash damage. I don't think elemental resistance differences would mean much except with the specified Sortie enhancement.
Edit: I guess the 50% extra fire damage is relevant to Scorches, Napalms, and Hyekka Masters.

Anybody use Parasitic Link regularly to reduce that damage?

Edited by Maicael

1 minute ago, Maicael said:

That sounds plausible. Infested Flesh takes 25% more damage of both Impact and Slash damage. I don't think elemental resistance differences would mean much except with the specified Sortie enhancement.

Anybody use Parasitic Link regularly to reduce that damage?

I feel like I am having to use parasitic link exclusively to reduce damage in general... but again, no specific damage type really stands out to me it is kinda just all of them.

If your letting high end level troops cut you down then you really don't know how Nidus works, one of his powers is Parisitic Link (probably didn't spell it right) which is your way of taking less damage. He isn't tankish like Inaros but his powers make up for that.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Zegasis said:

If your letting high end level troops cut you down then you really don't know how Nidus works, one of his powers is Parisitic Link (probably didn't spell it right) which is your way of taking less damage. He isn't tankish like Inaros but his powers make up for that.

I am using parasitic link and I never said I was letting them cut me down. I was simply saying, for his armor level he feels a lot more squishy than other frames with similar or near same armor levels. 

56 minutes ago, Xephier223 said:

Having no shield is a lot more painful that you would suspect, right? The shields may not be affected by armor, but they regenerate all the time.

3 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Having no shield is a lot more painful that you would suspect, right? The shields may not be affected by armor, but they regenerate all the time.

Well it is not even that, even for warframes when their shield is broken, it still feels like they can take more hits than him or are far less squishy.