The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have 38 unusable spare Reactors (and counting)- some suggestions for other uses

Impulse_Nine

Having built and reactored everything (or its prime equivalent), I have had a growing number of spare reactors for a while now. Thanks to the Sortie reward pool though, this is now happening with Exilus adapters as well! So, as per the forum guidelines, I thought I might offer some suggestions about what else it would be sensible to let the player base exchange them for.

Because Reactors / Adapters are often rewards for special events but, in the long game, literally unusable- as they come out much more frequently than new Warframes / Pets / Sentinels / Archwings (which I'm not complaining about- it is a lifeline to new players).

So- some things that I would like to see Reactors / Adapters exchangeable for:

1. A booster- because even late game I still need affinity to forma and Kuva farming is MUCH nicer with a resource booster.

2. Ducats- an extension of the above, Baro sells boosters, but also other things, and while I have a lot of ducats- I've noticed he has actually slowly been draining me of that. This would mean that the acquisition of spare reactors though is not a "on the day" reward but one that would need to be saved for when he arrives next, which would be a little sad.

3. A large chunk of syndicate standing- Syndicate weapons can be traded for plat pretty consistently and come prime time its nice to ease the need for relic farming by buying LOTS of relic packs at once.

4. A 10x pack of "Hack faster Lotus!" one shots useable in Mobile Defense that turn MD's into Spy 1.0. - At the end game, MD's are very easy but cannot be sped up (unlike Exterminates for instance). The gift of 5 minutes of my life back (x10) is one I would most certainly appreciate. Though maybe I should really just call for MD 2.0, where hopefully if we are horribly overpowered, we can hack the console and assist the Lotus, reducing the time we wait around as well as playing a fun mini game.

5. A dynamic cosmetic cloak that gets longer- because how better to demonstrate excess wealth than by bolting spare reactors together and wearing them like a scaly cloak? Just to be clear it would probably be about 5/6 reactors wide, and be perpetually "craftable". Every time you craft 5/6 more reactors into it, it gets one link longer. There should be no limit to this length, though from a technical perspective I can see how that might be difficult in the long run, especially when rendering roll / spin attack animations.

Maybe I'm being greedy. Maybe demanding that everything always be useable so no farming is ever "wasted" is too much to ask. Maybe I should take this excess as a sign I should give Warframe a rest for a bit. But then again, in the Warframe universe, surely *someone* else must consistently want Orokin technology, right?

how about new weapons and frames that require potatoes as a resource
or some dojo research

all fine for me

DE get to your statistics guy and pull the data how many unused potatoes are there and give us stuff that needs them
and I'm not even kidding or joking here this is honest

Why not just allow them to be converted into Catalysts or Exilus Adaptors or anything of comparable plat value somehow? I mean, a Reactor represents approximately 20 plat. Maybe you could buy Detonite Injectors, Mutagen Mass or Fieldron with it or something. Two per pop, or even one.

Edited by Vermitore

You can sell the blueprints for credits and as for the most rewards the reactors and catalysts come in that form that is what the DE already have ingame for your problem. :-)

Having the same amount of reactors (if not more) as you, I really wouldn't mind if there was indeed a way to turn them into catalysts (already have plenty of those too) or some other useful item like formas (plenty of those too), dukats or whatever. Not saying of course that I will rush to turn them all into catalysts/formas/dukats but its useful to have an alternative. After all, when you have everything in the game and spent countless hours in it, soon you will start pilling stuff by the numbers, rare resources and potatoes too.

Edited by (PS4)Nek_Food

The issue with converting Potatoes into different potatoes is that Catalysts are easily more useful than Reactors, there are far less Warframes/Companions/Archwings than weapons in the game and weapons are added much more frequently. I put a Reactor on every new item I get that can take it and I still have a much larger surplus of Reactors than Catalysts. Being able to turn Reactors into Catalysts would basically just mean that there are more Catalysts in the game, and as Potatoes are one of the harder-to-get items in the game, which are used to encourage plat purchasing (fairly), converting probably isn't feasible.

As for Exilus Adapters, well they come from different sources so they shouldn't be considered the same as a Potato.

Turning them into ducats sounds good to me, just like all the other useless sortie rewards. Or we finally get a token system for sorties like we got for Baro with the ducats.

That aside, nobody is forcing you to collect that many reactors. I don't even do the invasions/alerts for them unless it's something super fast like a capture mission. That's a bit like doing every fieldron invasion and then wondering why you're sitting on thousands of them.

Edited by Snib

My opinion the spare catalyst and reactors is the next. The current system s okay and future stuff could coming so worth to keep them and use it when a new stuff coming. I don't want to see it beign as a building material how forma works right now. If you can farm enough then be happy with it and keep it for the future.

Other solution : make it tradeable and for their normal marketplace price so each for 20.

Edited by Sziklamester

I honestly see no problem to solve here. Reactors drop only as bp and you do not have to build them. So there are no ressources wasted.

And duplicate blueprints or parts are quite common. I could build an army of Oberons equipped with gorgons or boars. 

Edited by k05h

Make reactors tradeable is a thing that I don't see it happening for a simple reason. I don't think there is a single thing that it is in the market for platinum (hard currency aka real money) is tradeable at the time and if that was to change it would be a direct impact on sales for DE (and its the only income they have for this free game). So I don't think we are ever going to see trades between players that includes potatoes/weapons/resources/etc. Parts of weapons we can trade or prime stuff but you can't find them in the market for purchase in the same form so I don't see it happening. Such a move for reacotrs could open the Pandora's box for players to ask every single thing in game to be tradeable.