Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus endgame build

(PSN)Deception_Pharo

Question

Hello fellow Tenno, 

As the title says, but I'll explain. I'm looking for a build for the new great to be frame Nidus. I'm seeing videos regarding this frame and realised, this is a great frame that synergies well with ally and his own ability.

What I'm looking for?

A endgame build pretty much. Also note that I'm looking at many types, tanky, health regeneration, etc.

This will help other console users and me to prepare.

Also state polarity and forma quantity when you state your build. If it's your favourite build or you prefer, STATE IT. I MUST BE ENLIGHTEND BY THIS SUPERLATIVE FRAME.

*Excuse the Caps, as I'm excited by the new frame and it's powers for mw to harness. 

My gratitude. 🤡

I use

7Nlc4AV.jpg

Yes, I use Rush. I'm a spam roller.

Best mix of Support, Tank and Damage.

The additional range makes it incredibly easy to gain and maintain stacks and I really dislike the distance on his Link ability so that had to be fixed. Maximum CC potential with his Larva ability and due to the range of his Link + Virulence you will be more likely to get double strikes regardless of your position. The Maggot Explosion range allows Ravenous to easily refund triple it's cost in stacks without even using Virulence.

MeLvKUQ.jpg

Edited by Xzorn

11 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I use

7Nlc4AV.jpg

Yes, I use Rush. I'm a spam roller.

Best mix of Support, Tank and Damage.

The additional range makes it incredibly easy to gain and maintain stacks and I really dislike the distance on his Link ability so that had to be fixed. Maximum CC potential with his Larva ability and due to the range of his Link + Virulence you will be more likely to get double strikes regardless of your position. The Maggot Explosion range allows Ravenous to easily refund triple it's cost in stacks without even using Virulence.

MeLvKUQ.jpg

Requiring too much strength really worth it? the stack mutation is what gives it extra strength? 

You get +15% power strength and armour, just wanted to know.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Requiring too much strength really worth it? the stack mutation is what gives it extra strength? 

You get +15% power strength and armour, just wanted to know.

The base damage of the ability is multiplicative with both power strength and the number of stacks.

Total Damage = Base Damage * ( 1 + Power Strength ) * ( 1 + Number of Stacks)

He basically double dips into Power Strength too when you have link up as the linked target will cast an extra Virulence as well as the buff when linked with allies.

The dunce level Efficiency is off-set by him gaining more energy when he hits targets with Virulence. You actually gain less energy per target hit with better efficiency so as long as you hit 4 targets; the ability always pays for itself despite what your efficiency is. Which is also why I like the extra power range and use Primed Flow, just in case.

You get 15% Power Strength, +50% armor and +13 passive health regen for just being a rank 30 warframe.

5 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

The base damage of the ability is multiplicative with both power strength and the number of stacks.

Total Damage = Base Damage * ( 1 + Power Strength ) * ( 1 + Number of Stacks)

He basically double dips into Power Strength too when you have link up as the linked target will cast an extra Virulence as well as the buff when linked with allies.

The dunce level Efficiency is off-set by him gaining more energy when he hits targets with Virulence. You actually gain less energy per target hit with better efficiency so as long as you hit 4 targets; the ability always pays for itself despite what your efficiency is. Which is also why I like the extra power range and use Primed Flow, just in case.

You get 15% Power Strength, +50% armor and +13 passive health regen for just being a rank 30 warframe.

Thanks for the enlightenment, I just noticed the energy refund hit was 15.5. I may remove prime flow since most of his skill use mutation stack and as you've mentioned, gaining energy back.

Rage mod seems efficient for the extra energy and rejuvenation for aura mod. 

Basically vitality + lots of str with decent duration + range and crap eff with whatever utility you like.

I was using steel fibre but don't really find that it helps me at all. His armor is pretty decent but I swear it doesn't really do much for my survival. I'd much rather personally use more duration to keep link up longer instead which would be far more beneficial.

Seems like the essential mods on Nidus is Vitality and Steel Fiber.

For energy, people seem to be choosing between (Primed) Flow and Rage. Both are decent ways to make sure you have energy. I use Zenurik, so it doesn't bother me in either case. Since I'm used to Inaros, I use Rage.

Nidus benefits from Power Strength, which also allows him to run negative efficiency, since power strength increases the energy refund on hit from his Virulence, so Blind Rage is very good on him.

Range not only increases the range of Virulence to reach near 40 meters, it increases the grab range of Larva. It also allows you to stray away from whomever you're linked with, and from your Ravenous. It also increases the explosion range of the maggots to almost 10 meters. You could run Stretch and/or Overextended. I might lean more towards overextended so Virulence doesn't just outright kill every enemy it hits.

Duration is great on Nidus. You also don't really want to get knocked down, so you could run (Primed) Continuity and/or Constitution.

This leaves two slots which people usually fill with additional power strength (Transient Fortitude, Intensify), additional range, or additional duration. I personally use Armored Agility because it gives him like, 200 more armor and an increase in speed.

I actually have Growing Power on him, which gives him power strength when he inflicts a weapon proc on an enemy, which is easy to do with a weapon with high status. I primarily use him as a crowd control tank, something like Chroma.

Edited by YpsitheFlintsider

On 1/6/2017 at 10:04 AM, YpsitheFlintsider said:

since power strength increases the energy refund on hit from his Virulence,

Power strength has no effect on the energy refund effect from Virulence. The energy refund is always exactly one quarter of the casting cost, meaning it is only affected by power efficiency.

On 6 January 2017 at 4:04 PM, YpsitheFlintsider said:

Seems like the essential mods on Nidus is Vitality and Steel Fiber.

For energy, people seem to be choosing between (Primed) Flow and Rage. Both are decent ways to make sure you have energy. I use Zenurik, so it doesn't bother me in either case. Since I'm used to Inaros, I use Rage.

Nidus benefits from Power Strength, which also allows him to run negative efficiency, since power strength increases the energy refund on hit from his Virulence, so Blind Rage is very good on him.

Range not only increases the range of Virulence to reach near 40 meters, it increases the grab range of Larva. It also allows you to stray away from whomever you're linked with, and from your Ravenous. It also increases the explosion range of the maggots to almost 10 meters. You could run Stretch and/or Overextended. I might lean more towards overextended so Virulence doesn't just outright kill every enemy it hits.

Duration is great on Nidus. You also don't really want to get knocked down, so you could run (Primed) Continuity and/or Constitution.

This leaves two slots which people usually fill with additional power strength (Transient Fortitude, Intensify), additional range, or additional duration. I personally use Armored Agility because it gives him like, 200 more armor and an increase in speed.

I actually have Growing Power on him, which gives him power strength when he inflicts a weapon proc on an enemy, which is easy to do with a weapon with high status. I primarily use him as a crowd control tank, something like Chroma.

Same'ish build when I play on pc. I prefer a twin combination of either primed flow/rage/equilibrium as I find initial energy consumption and regen to be his biggest drawback to get kills for those stacks to mount up. Coupled with naramon focus, muralist Cernos (for procs when using growing power), a quick fire secondary and a decent crit chance/combo melee weapon, you're looking at a stealth tank that can seriously throw down on high levels. 

33 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Do you face any energy issues?

no   i never run out of energy cz that build allow u to play very agressive...rage give u enough energy..with that build i played 25k cryo on pluto dark sector not get down once...

12 hours ago, ashrah said:

no   i never run out of energy cz that build allow u to play very agressive...rage give u enough energy..with that build i played 25k cryo on pluto dark sector not get down once...

That´s why I asked. I thought the build was really good but couldnt see rage. Do you switch any mod for rage? Thanks!

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch

3 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

That´s why I asked. I thought the build was really good but couldnt see rage. Do you switch any mod for rage? Thanks!

yes rage is  part of my build all time... no flow no streamline no fleeting..