The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus really needs to get reworked

Knight_Ex

6 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

As for all this,

Nidus, is an all rounder, for sure. Doing most of the possible jobs with relative ease as long as you are speaking of a long mission specifically involving tons and tons of killing.

In Extermination, Spy, Capture or any mode not offering him the time to slowly build his stacks, Nidus will easily be left in the dust by more specialized frames than him.

He scales awfully well, there's no denying that, but that is due to how his stacking works in reinforcing him, if he looses this possibility to build up many stacks he looses most of his power as a frame.

Thank you.

So, a frame comes out that is not vastly underpowered and actually has new, well-playing and fresh design and mechanics and now everyone wants it to get nerfed? I would like to turn this around:

Make all Warframes like Nidus

Seriously, it has a unique playstyle and can be played in various ways. Every frame should have a unique machanic that let's it scale into endgame and improve during a mission by using its skillset well. Nidus is one of the only frames where you have to play all 4 abilties and actually get rewarded for it.

1 minute ago, Knight_Ex said:

Its called using your 2 to pull all surrounding enemies in, then using 1 ability, you get 5-6 stacks this way, if you have your 4th ability down thats even more stacks, provided that you can kill the enemies you gathered in a few hits, rinse and repeat.

It called taking more then 10 minute to level 200 enemies... plus really have you not used any other damage frame? Mesa, Excalibur, valkyr, mirage and anything with a blind or stun can kill faster then him. Nidus is handicapped until his stacks are high while other frames kill faster with just 1 button tap.

11 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

This is NOT end game scaling, this is lazy unbalanced stats that had not been properly tested, scaling is when you gradually get stronger to adjust for high damage enemies, Nidus with even 10 stacks can drop a level 200 corrupted enemy in 1-2 attacks, some cases 1 attack.

Lol what a bunch of BS , i would love to see you kill one lv 200 corrupted heavy gunner with 1-2 atacks with virulence....and 10 stacks lel.

just another troll thread...

Edited by minidelight

5 minutes ago, MrFoxAos said:

we finally get nice things that scale and people use,normal forum response nerf cant say im surprised :/

6 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Reworked? Why? His abilites scale well into endgame, has good health. Really good abilites, why rework him? 

When the new content can f*ck everything in the starchart at level 1 you should understand that is clearly too powerful. Don't even compare this with any other "nerf" thread, the only people I see defending nidus is people who either know nothing about modding, or enjoy having something broken in their hands they can abuse to beat the entire game into submission without even trying.

3 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

Thank you.

Nothing. Just my point of vu on Nidus.

For now I don't see him needing a nerf, our ennemies are going way too fast with the broken scaling system for us to compete effectively.

So having one that can scale with them for a bit ? Totally ok for now.

Once the scaling is redone, so will need Nidus to see his scaling change.

Edited by Cyriann

Just now, GDSK-NXS said:

When the new content can f*ck everything in the starchart at level 1 you should understand that is clearly too powerful. Don't even compare this with any other "nerf" thread, the only people I see defending nidus is people who either know nothing about modding, or enjoy having something broken in their hands they can abuse to beat the entire game into submission without even trying.

since pretty much every one is running in defense of nidus making blanket statements is probably a bad idea here

7 minutes ago, GDSK-NXS said:

My point exactly, thank you.

2 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Nice try kid, but me and my clanmates were doing this last night and shaking our heads at it.  The people most opposed to a rework are the ones that are looking for some type of easy mode frame, its that whole press one button to win debacle again.

If i remembered correctly you said 10 stacks to take down a lvl 200, that my friend is impossible and i will like to see proof of your claim.  

4 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Nice try kid, but me and my clanmates were doing this last night and shaking our heads at it.  The people most opposed to a rework are the ones that are looking for some type of easy mode frame, its that whole press one button to win debacle again.

But.... Nidus is a "press all the buttons" frame.... 

The reason you are seeing 3 of him every mission is because he is new. And the masses are just now starting to craft, test, and forma + relevel him to see how good he can get.  

He is slow to rev up in low level missions, and only really shines in long defenses or sorties where he can actually survive to do damage. 

Edited by Nariala

3 minutes ago, GDSK-NXS said:

Because Inaros cannot do that?

The only thing he needs is his 1st ability. Blind and finisher. Blind and range/status weapon with Lifestrike. 

9 minutes ago, nexious22913 said:

If i remembered correctly you said 10 stacks to take down a lvl 200, that my friend is impossible and i will like to see proof of your claim.  

Just confirmed, 2 of us had CP and I was linked to someone, not sure how much the link scales, also his first ability hits multiple times, but the enemies still fall like sticks at 10 stacks.

Just now, Knight_Ex said:

Just confirmed, 2 of us had CP and I was linked to someone, not sure how much the link scales, also his first ability hits multiple times, but the enemies still fall like sticks at 10 stacks.

Pics Vids or it didn't happen.

Just now, Knight_Ex said:

so you had half the armor striped and were hitting them with a second 1 you're making him sound  less broken the more in detail you get  lol 

tbh when enemies get to about level 80 and higher and you cant get a tether on one you will be shredded like cheese, granted if you have you get 10 free revives! but the thing is enemies at high level can still make you Swiss cheese in seconds. with this frame you actualy have to be very aware of your situation. other frames can full out damage and outperform nidus at this level. nidus is even a better example for armor and health... he is more invincible then nidus with only one ability and his free revive doesn't cost stacks you need to get. and if other teammates have somas and simulors then you can kiss your stacks goodbuy cause they will kill your larva bundles before you can look in its direction.