Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here's a person that wants to keep the Infested Charger look for the Helminth Charger. Give us the option for this.

Mak_Gohae

Why would you want a mutated grineer soldier as a pet? Feels as if... you kidnaped a soldier for some demented god complex of turning it into a mindless pet.

Warframes are already creepy demigods, don't add something like this to it.
The "charger" model was a place holder for the real thing. Besides, how would an artificialy grown charger grow up into a creature with grineer manufactured parts, which come as equipment for grineer soldiers, just like you know... jackets and bullet-proof vests... hemlets..

Edited by Acersecomic

On 1/15/2017 at 1:31 PM, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

I didn't like the original Charger but I do understand some people do. There should be a more doggy/kitty version of the pet (skins) that look more like something out of "The Thing." instead of an infested runner with 4 legs and no face. Then DE can make more armor sets for the pets that add more infested-ness to the look of the dogs/cats. More money for the DEvs, more enjoyment for the Tenno... win-win.

What I think the infested pets should look similar to:

concept12.jpgconcept03.jpg

You want the Predators dog in Warframe?

Im....... im ok with that. As a skin or something.

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

You want the Predators dog in Warframe?

Im....... im ok with that. As a skin or something.

It is more of a suggestion of how the infestation should change the dog's looks, rather than just a complete replacement... basically a dog that is infested rather than an infestation shaped like a dog, ya feelin' me?

DE should totally give this alternate skin to everyone who bothered to "test drive" their placeholder design. I mean, some might say it does not fit lore, which is true, or that it looks weird and ugly, which is not true, and it certainly does not fit the armors properly. But that does not mean it is not something a few players wanted. The Infested faction has a lot of cute pet material, and some of us did enjoy the first design, whether it was a placeholder or not.

It would be good to also have skins for standard Kubrow and Kavat based on Drahk and Hyeka (The Hyeka in particular are extremely adorable)

Now, while we are discussing faction pets. Has anyone ever wanted a Moa pet? Am I the only one who finds their screeches adorable?

19 hours ago, DrakoBluewing said:

DE should totally give this alternate skin to everyone who bothered to "test drive" their placeholder design. I mean, some might say it does not fit lore, which is true, or that it looks weird and ugly, which is not true, and it certainly does not fit the armors properly. But that does not mean it is not something a few players wanted. The Infested faction has a lot of cute pet material, and some of us did enjoy the first design, whether it was a placeholder or not.

It would be good to also have skins for standard Kubrow and Kavat based on Drahk and Hyeka (The Hyeka in particular are extremely adorable)

Now, while we are discussing faction pets. Has anyone ever wanted a Moa pet? Am I the only one who finds their screeches adorable?

if people were allowed to keep the abominations i dont see any reason not to allow the people that popped chargers to keep them.

5 hours ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

Yes. A Moa pet would help round out the list.

The question is, which type of Moa? There's a bunch.

If we are going to get one type it's going to be the standard.

If they let us have different version they should add the Stomp and the Sniper.

On 17/1/2017 at 0:36 PM, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

Yes. A Moa pet would help round out the list.

The question is, which type of Moa? There's a bunch.

A new type of Moa. Same shape as the standard Moa, but with a new type of weapon. Also just found out there is a Hyeka skin on the market. At least the product info says so.

As a person late to the party and doesn't have a Helminth Charger, I'm curious as to why they didn't use the charger animations, I think those sickly infested shivering animations would have set the Helminth apart much more and made it feel more distinctive as a companion than a mere skinjob, my understanding is that it is basically just a charger model with kubrow animations and precepts, and that sounds cheaper than a charger with charger animations/behaviour in the role as a pet dog.
But the Charger model should be tweaked to not look so obviously ex-grineer.

On 1/18/2017 at 4:08 PM, DrakoBluewing said:

A new type of Moa. Same shape as the standard Moa, but with a new type of weapon. Also just found out there is a Hyeka skin on the market. At least the product info says so.

A new type of moa would be interesting. And, yes, there's a Hyeakka skin.

13 hours ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

As a person late to the party and doesn't have a Helminth Charger, I'm curious as to why they didn't use the charger animations, I think those sickly infested shivering animations would have set the Helminth apart much more and made it feel more distinctive as a companion than a mere skinjob, my understanding is that it is basically just a charger model with kubrow animations and precepts, and that sounds cheaper than a charger with charger animations/behaviour in the role as a pet dog.
But the Charger model should be tweaked to not look so obviously ex-grineer.

Like you said, because the normal charger has it's own skeleton and that skeleton only has the few animation the mobs has. So instead of making more for that skeleton they decided to use the Kubrow that has all the animations needed already done.

On 1/19/2017 at 8:38 AM, Unholyrequiem said:

It doesn't make sense as to why a mutated Kubrow looks like an infested charger which is in turn an infested grineer. 

Yes it does. You cloned a charger.

Anyway, Stream 86 showed an update on the new skin with no word on keeping the standard skin.

1 hour ago, Daiwulf said:

Really want to keep this grineer skin, or else my helminth charger named "Infested Clem" will be thrown out of the airlock due to it not being an infested Clem anymore.

Thats genius.

I am getting real tired of hearing "But EGG" when talking about the charger.

On 1/20/2017 at 0:09 PM, Mak_Gohae said:

Yes it does. You cloned a charger.

Sure didn't. You seem to be misunderstanding how the Helminth Charger came into being.

Tenno crafts Nidus. Nidus opens Infested door. Nidus sits in chair. Nidus gets infected by the Helminth strain of the Infest virus. Helminth's DNA matures into a cyst. Cyst is drained into a Kubrow breeding system. The Helminth DNA and Kubrow DNA mix. Helminth Charger is born. Normal Charger was never cloned. Normal Charger has nothing to do with a Helminth Charger.

Similarly, here's how a normal Charger would be created: Grineer soldier is searching an abandoned ship. Grineer soldier comes into contact with Infestation. Grineer soldier is infected by Infest virus. Grineer soldier DNA and Infest DNA mix. Grineer soldier mutates into Charger.

Do you see the key difference here? Our Charger is an Infested Kubrow. The chargers we fight are Infested Grineer. At no point did we take DNA from a Grineer Charger and clone it.

Edited by AlexanderEquinox

5 hours ago, AlexanderEquinox said:

Sure didn't. You seem to be misunderstanding how the Helminth Charger came into being.

Tenno crafts Nidus. Nidus opens Infested door. Nidus sits in chair. Nidus gets infected by the Helminth strain of the Infest virus. Helminth's DNA matures into a cyst. Cyst is drained into a Kubrow breeding system. The Helminth DNA and Kubrow DNA mix. Helminth Charger is born. Normal Charger was never cloned. Normal Charger has nothing to do with a Helminth Charger.

Similarly, here's how a normal Charger would be created: Grineer soldier is searching an abandoned ship. Grineer soldier comes into contact with Infestation. Grineer soldier is infected by Infest virus. Grineer soldier DNA and Infest DNA mix. Grineer soldier mutates into Charger.

Do you see the key difference here? Our Charger is an Infested Kubrow. The chargers we fight are Infested Grineer. At no point did we take DNA from a Grineer Charger and clone it.

They key difference in your explanation seem to be the thing using a different name.

Breeding the charger is the same as breed all the other kubs except getting the genetic pattern is different. The room clearly calls you master, so you are obviously breeding a tamer strain of a charger.

We dont know how the Infested work so we can make claims on how the wild versions work. On top of that we dont know how this contain version works, either,.

3 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

They key difference in your explanation seem to be the thing using a different name.

Breeding the charger is the same as breed all the other kubs except getting the genetic pattern is different. The room clearly calls you master, so you are obviously breeding a tamer strain of a charger.

We dont know how the Infested work so we can make claims on how the wild versions work. On top of that we dont know how this contain version works, either,.

The point is that we would be using Infest DNA, not Grineer DNA. There is no reason there should be a Grineer head on a pet that didn't come from Grineer.

On Friday, January 06, 2017 at 9:38 PM, PsiWarp said:

Yeah I'm gonna have to go with awesome base skin, optional Charger skin.

While they're at it, rename Helminth Charger to something cooler, like Cerberus or the Warframese equivalent name.

Haha yay... Cerberus !! 

Here is a excample of a "Cerberus" pet, from another grinder game i played.

3 Evolutions + Overbreeding way.

(Evo1) Baby - (Evo2) Adult - (Evo3) Worrier.

Thanks for this back-flash:

Staged Cerberus:

26062013_160742_cerberus-staged_580620.p

Normal Cerberus

26062013_160613_cerberus-non-staged_5797

Pet Job: top gear DD & Sub-Tanking

Edit: i went far beyond off-topic. Lol

Edited by P0Pz

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 7:31 PM, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

I didn't like the original Charger but I understand some people do. There should be a more doggy/kitty version of the pet (skins) that look more like something out of "The Thing." instead of an infested runner with 4 legs and no face. Then DE can make more armor sets for the pets that add more infested-ness to the look of the dogs/cats. More money for the DEvs, more enjoyment for the Tenno... win-win.

What I think the infested pets should look similar to:

concept12.jpgconcept03.jpg

What I think the Normal Pets should Look simialr too:

latest?cb=20111206010442

GdyESdk.jpghellhound_by_rishi_raj-d56937w.jpg

Sorry, no cat examples.

This first 2 pictures are AWESOME! I bet those go straight Top-Selling.

They kinda "feel" like from other planets nature. +999

The first one looks like from a "jungle" typ planet.

The second one like from a desert/stone-dust planet.

(Why not add at every planet, 2 different pets to farm? With planets pets specifics stats like look & fire resistance ect.)

Our WF pets completly look $#!/*&. Not 1 that looks like it could do any damage. Kavats? Size zero slim kitcats with no teeths..looking ugly as F. Same for our hairy ugly no teeths pigs..eh excuse me.. kubrows...even my stef could bite them into ground...

This very two first pictures are awesome! Hope they bring that in ♡

Edited by P0Pz

On 1/22/2017 at 5:04 PM, AlexanderEquinox said:

The point is that we would be using Infest DNA, not Grineer DNA. There is no reason there should be a Grineer head on a pet that didn't come from Grineer.

we are using Infested Charger DNA. This is why it's called the H-Charger.

You are creating a tame version of the charger. I dont know how people ignore this that's right there as plain as day.

This is like ignoring the cheese part of a cheese burger.

You are creating a tame version of the charger. I dont know how people ignore this that's right there as plain as day.

Well could be the reason that a "hybrid" of 2 different DNA sources, even if 1 DNA source is the stronger (dominant) one...there is ALWAYS a rest of the devote DNA (Kubrow).

DNA hybridization

generally refers to amolecular biology technique that measures the degree of genetic similarity between pools of DNA sequences. It is usually used to determine the genetic distance between two organisms. 

So here is the missleading for some...

Where is the kubrow part?

Why is the grineer not outsourced in DNA and only host (kubrow) + Add (Infested) = kubrofest ?!?

Why hybrid? Why not cloning? 🤔

I mean comon... why try it the hard way when u could just "clone" the DNA and "breed" it in vitro (test-tube)... looking at Dojo room decorations...

So a hybrid will never look like this. Never. There is always a host DNA central feature/ characteristic(s) in the end.

If...then clone it...like the kavats...

Because you seem to be under the impression it's some kind of clone but that's not really possible. A clone is a being that shares identical DNA(Normally being that reproduce asexually like flowers) with another being. Furthermore the Virus has been demonstrated to leave signs of the original host intact as seen in all infested except for the older infested who have overgrown their host's features altogether(Ancients, Lephantis, Juggernauts).

So based on what we DO know about the infested, it's logical to assume that if you infest a Kubrow then signs of the Kubrow would be left behind.

But rather than Infested strain+Kubrow= Infested Charger(Kubrow) we end up with the exact same result with the same features as Infested strain+Grineer Lancer= Infested Charger(Grineer).