Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best sniper riffle for non-sniper play

zoobmer

Question

sniper rifles just don't feel right in this game, but there are sniper-only missions, for which I need to have a weapon that counts as a sniper rifle.

what sniper rifle should I use? I want something that feels the least like a sniper rifle.

18 answers to this question

I'd say vectis, I think it's hipfire is just as good as the vulkar's but its one shot clip (with fast reload) means less downtime. Spending 2-3 seconds reloading when your gun only has half a dozen shots is a bit if a killer if you have went in close.

But the sniper rework did indeed screw them all for common gameplay.

Vectis (+Prime) doesn't feel TOO cumbersome to use, imo, as it has a halfdecent hipfire accuracy along with pretty frequent shooting (Prime more so). If you don't like the constant reloading, but rather a few shots and THEN a reload, I'd suggest Vulkar Wraith or Snipetron Vandal. (Base Vulkar is ok-ish too)

Another idea is to use Warframes and their powers more heavily (power efficiency cap + Zenurik is highly recommended).
If the mission works best with damage/killing, use Warframes that can either;
1) Deal damage without weapons, like Ash (Bladestorm) and NIdus.
2) That require minimal shooting, like Saryn (Spores), Mag (Magnetize), Equinox (Maim).
3) Can use the modding of the Sniper for a better weapon, which is Ivara (just mod the sniper after her ulti's strengths, instead of the sniper's strengths itself. They mod very similarly though) EDIT: And Titania too (similar thinking applies; Mod to her ultiguns' strengths instead of the sniper's strengths.)

If you don't need damage/killing, go with any good CC frame, like Banshee, Nyx, Nova, Vauban, Rhino, Loki, Frost, Titania etc. There are plenty of options here.

Edited by Azamagon

24 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

All of them, before the hipfire accuracy nerf >:I

I loved running around with the Snipetron Vandal before that happened. I had too much fun getting up close and popping Grineer in the face with it.

4 hours ago, ShiraHagane said:

bring vulkar with lasting purity and just use the affinity from other peoples' kills to activate the burst

it also has the highest hipfire accuracy of any of the snipers from what I've tested

purity effect sounds really good! do you know if it restores energy?

3 hours ago, faiyde said:

I'd say vectis, I think it's hipfire is just as good as the vulkar's but its one shot clip (with fast reload) means less downtime. Spending 2-3 seconds reloading when your gun only has half a dozen shots is a bit if a killer if you have went in close.

But the sniper rework did indeed screw them all for common gameplay.

or I could use (primed) fast hands?

3 hours ago, MrJxt said:

I like the vectis series. Low zoom, decent hip-fire at close distance, fast reload.

does vulkar have higher zoom?

3 hours ago, Tacritan said:

Any sniper + Titania.

why titania?

3 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Vectis (+Prime) doesn't feel TOO cumbersome to use, imo, as it has a halfdecent hipfire accuracy along with pretty frequent shooting (Prime more so). If you don't like the constant reloading, but rather a few shots and THEN a reload, I'd suggest Vulkar Wraith or Snipetron Vandal. (Base Vulkar is ok-ish too)

Another idea is to use Warframes and their powers more heavily (power efficiency cap + Zenurik is highly recommended).
If the mission works best with damage/killing, use Warframes that can either;
1) Deal damage without weapons, like Ash (Bladestorm) and NIdus.
2) That require minimal shooting, like Saryn (Spores), Mag (Magnetize), Equinox (Maim).
3) Can use the modding of the Sniper for a better weapon, which is Ivara (just mod the sniper after her ulti's strengths, instead of the sniper's strengths itself. They mod very similarly though) EDIT: And Titania too (similar thinking applies; Mod to her ultiguns' strengths instead of the sniper's strengths.)

If you don't need damage/killing, go with any good CC frame, like Banshee, Nyx, Nova, Vauban, Rhino, Loki, Frost, Titania etc. There are plenty of options here.

I was thinking either world on fire or buff my team.

4 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

All of them, before the hipfire accuracy nerf >:I

3 hours ago, brytur said:

I loved running around with the Snipetron Vandal before that happened. I had too much fun getting up close and popping Grineer in the face with it.

I like popping the Tigris in enemies faces, but that's just me.

On 1/10/2017 at 11:42 PM, -Fe-McHamm3rShot said:

Also Excal 200% ish range radial blind and EB, Naramon melee murder fest.. Sniper who?  :)

you're saying to use a sniper... as a melee weapon?

because I'm asking this for sniper only missions, which let you equip a sniper as your only weapon.