The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying a warframe in the store takes away the fun of building it

k05h

There are certain warframes where I do not want to do the grind. I think it is a personal preference how much I am willing to take. Compared with the large amounts of frames I can farm quite easily the occasional plat buy is reasonable. 

But buying the frame with plat just moves it completely built with potatoe and slot into my inventory. I know that this is the service but I would rather have an additional "IKEA" option. Give me all parts, a potatoe and a warframe slot and let me build the frame on my own. Like I do with 95% of all weapons and frames. Maybe I am alone with this but I do enjoy building the parts one by one and then start building the frame itself. I do not mind the time it takes. The game does encourage farming and building stuff ... why not sell a disassembled set? 

And it would be less frustrating when you cannot farm the last missing part of a frame. Then I could get the disassembled parts delivered into my inbox and can use them with those parts you have already farmed. Ivara or Mesa come to mind here. 

I do not want to replace the current direct buy but I would like to have a third option: buy disassembled. 

The price could be 20% less than the "direct-to-your-inventory" option to make the IKEA option a not too tough competition.

If i buy something, i want it complete and done. not half done. i'd expect atleast a 50% reduction in prices if it wasnt 

this coming from someone with 1600 profile hours. not steam hours

Edited by Dextral

2 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

So you want to build warframe for 3,5 days? For your own plat?

I see nothing wrong with that myself.

I agree with you, OP, an option to buy the appropriate blueprints from the market at a reduced platinum cost would be a nice addition, but then a lot of players would do that as opposed to farming the parts themselves, which would be profitable on DE's part, but it removes an aspect of the game. And it also removes the satisfaction of finally getting that one part you needed (looking at you, Atlas, WHY WOULD I NEED 8 HELMET BLUEPRINTS?!)

1 minute ago, Dextral said:

If i buy something, i want it complete and done. not half done. i'd expect atleast a 50% reduction in prices if it wasnt 

I'm guessing you're no fan of the message "Some Assembly Required"

So you want to pay... to wait... what ?

You know the goal of a F2P like warframe is to pay in order to skip the waiting.

I mean, unless "waiting" is something you like I don't see the point of wasting your plats in order to wait.

Personally I grind for the frame and then rush the last craft for 50p

15 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

So you want to build warframe for 3,5 days? For your own plat?

Exactly. I do not mind the building but I mind the farming for certain frames. It is easy money for DE. 

5 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

You know the goal of a F2P like warframe is to pay in order to skip the waiting.

Or to skip grinding (Mesa, Ivara).

This is my feedback and I do not want anything for free. But I will of course force noone to take my money.

Edited by k05h

Just now, SonicSonedit said:

Take all my upvotes. I farmed Ivara Systems, BP and Helmet in 2 weeks and then farmed chassis for one freaking year!! I would totally buy it for plat, but buy whole Ivara? Hell no.

Well i'm unsure if he's asking for a "allow me to buy X special part uncrafted" or "allow me to buy all parts as a bundle, uncrafted"

7 minutes ago, k05h said:

Or to skip grinding (Mesa, Ivara).

This is my feedback and I do not want anything for free. But I will of course force noone to take my money.

I don't see why DE would bother with such a feature, the point of "paying" in warframe is to skip grind & wait.

But again I could be wrong, DE loves to work on useless stuff (soon archwing pvp coming \o/)

9 minutes ago, Voluundr said:

I'm guessing you're no fan of the message "Some Assembly Required"

in RL im fine with it, same in warframe when im framing things. i rarely actually buy a warframe. i'ved played for i believe 3-4 years now and only ever brought two warframes from the market because i felt that grinding them would make me hate the game lol

thing is i dont feel that if your paying like 200+ plat for a warframe it should be something you have to wait days to own.
however i do like the idea of buying parts of warframes looking at you ivara

Odd request but possible for parts.

But i don't think they would be ok with it. Because the idea is that the grind will annoy you have to pay for the full frame.

On the other hand if your talking about buying all the parts at once and then slowly putting it together.

All i could say is pretend..😂

Buy the frame

Pretend your building it

Play it three days later...

Well, I paid for Chroma, Mesa, Atlas and Nidus, and the price is not that "high"... You know, a warframe is ~400pl, this is what you earn in 1 day by farming Primes... so, I'll continue to buy frame from quests, and I think it's not necessary to focus theyr attention on this... They have many problems/ideas to work on before.

If the price is to high, no one force you to spend plat for... 

If you find a thing dificult to grind buy it or skip it. If you have already all parts then just build it, then wait for it's finish. I can wait for stuffs and not really hype myself for use them as soon as possible. Time is the other fact because I play less cuz I have job and need to work. So my researches and uilds finish in a certain time when I have time and all finished what I want I play with them.

I would enjoy also the DIY option without parts RNG.

Tho this maybe suggests a preference for collecting generic resources that can be acquired reliably as opposed to wasting time with RNG. Maybe warframes should be instead simple blueprints with a unique resource requirement each instead of the chassis / helmet / systems.

Making the Limbo puppet? Purchase the blueprint and then collect some amount of generic "limbo stuffing" from specific bosses or locations that can be reliably repeated. I would prefer this to having sometimes 15 copies of chassis before having one systems.