Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

riven supply and demand

zoobmer

Question

12 answers to this question

Faint riven are for meta/OP weapon thus the demand might be higher, and I'm not even sure about that as lot of strong disposition riven are traded/adverstised all the time.

Sure their max stats will be lower than neutral rivens, but those rivens still make those weapons even more OP.

You can get a 100% crit chance soma, 100% crit tonkor that fire 3 grenades / shots, etc.

Faint riven aren't useless, they push meta weapon even further, and warframe is a min-max game (at least for a lot of players).

Just now, Alcatraz said:

How is this post helpful? *points towards players helping players section you posted in* isn't this just an opinion? Sure you're entitled to your opinion, doesn't make it right.

I'm asking a question: are faint rivens in higher demand, and why? what is this opinion you speak of?

2 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

what is this opinion you speak of?

This is an opinion.

14 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

faint rivens are quite useless!

You want an answer to your question? Go over to the wiki, here's the link: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Riven_Mods

Now we shall check in the riven dispostions list right? "ALL WEAPONS" In the Faint list: Akstiletto(prime) - Boltor(prime, telos) - Brakk - Hek(vaykor) - Cernos(rakta, prime) - Dread - Lex(prime) - Marelok(vaykor) - Soma(prime) - Tigris(sancti, prime) etc etc.

1 minute ago, PoisonHD said:

Faint rivens are in higher demand, because the weapons with a faint disposition happen to be some of the best weapons in the game...

I thought that might be it, but since they don't need rivens to be good, it just seems a bit irrational that they would have the highest demand. 

2 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

I thought that might be it, but since they don't need rivens to be good, it just seems a bit irrational that they would have the highest demand. 

Rivens can make them even better though, even if it's less so than ones with a strong disposition. I guess people really like their meta stuff.

Beyond the fact that weapons with faint disposition are already strong and familiar, consider the cost of installing a riven mod. 18 points is extremely expensive for a weapon you've never forma'd and probably haven't even put a catalyst in. It's not so bad for a weapon you've been using for months/years and have forma'd multiple times. Getting a weapon ready for use with riven mods is an investment of time and resources. What if once you can finally install one, you find you still don't like the weapon? Better to not risk it and go with a weapon that you already know is good.

36 minutes ago, Syvarin said:

Beyond the fact that weapons with faint disposition are already strong and familiar, consider the cost of installing a riven mod. 18 points is extremely expensive for a weapon you've never forma'd and probably haven't even put a catalyst in. It's not so bad for a weapon you've been using for months/years and have forma'd multiple times. Getting a weapon ready for use with riven mods is an investment of time and resources. What if once you can finally install one, you find you still don't like the weapon? Better to not risk it and go with a weapon that you already know is good.

but given that rivens pretty much even the playing field, you could see if you like the feel of a weapon, and then start investing.

While the percentages are low on the boosts, often because they have large base stats anyway the gain is actually more points than that of the strong Rivens.

For example a 50% gain on 250 damage is a net gain of 125 damage, while a 200% on a 50 damage weapon is only a net gain of 100 damage.

11 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

rivens pretty much even the playing field

Heh. Heheh. Hahahahahahaha!

Yeah, no. They really don't. I'm not denying the possibility rivens will make people invest in weapons they overlooked, though. My first one was for the Sybaris (a faint disposition weapon) which I never liked. The riven allowed me to get my Dex Sybaris to red crit though, so I put in a catalyst and 7 forma. Now it's a decent weapon, though not one I use all the time. Sure, if you like the feel of a weapon, a riven mod might allow it to become useful in higher level play. That doesn't do much to alter demand, though. Many players want rivens for meta weapons, while few want them for other weapons. 

If you decided to buy a riven mod, what weapon would be your first choice? For most players, it's not going to be something so weak that it's been given a strong riven disposition.

2 hours ago, Loswaith said:

While the percentages are low on the boosts, often because they have large base stats anyway the gain is actually more points than that of the strong Rivens.

For example a 50% gain on 250 damage is a net gain of 125 damage, while a 200% on a 50 damage weapon is only a net gain of 100 damage.

well, in that case, they need to fix that.

1 hour ago, Syvarin said:

If you decided to buy a riven mod, what weapon would be your first choice? For most players, it's not going to be something so weak that it's been given a strong riven disposition.

I would get akjaraga, akbronco, and twin kohmak, because I like those weapon's gimmicks, and their rivens would be easier to actually find.

I would get the tigris, dread, and soma rivens if they were the same price, but I refuse to pay extra for a faint disposition.

although, I just realized: the faint disposition weapons are weapons that everyone likes, but with strong dispositions, it becomes a preference matter. removing the sense of preference is probably part of why the demand is so high.