Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we skip cinematic quests this year?

(XBOX)Skode

The War Within is the least fun I've ever had on Warframe as a Xbox launch player and I disliked ironically everything within. It was a mistake that was pushed as DE want to push big spectacles to end the year with big surprising new mechanics and features but are they fun?

The whole quest featuring the majority of it out of warframe with your limited powers bring some sort of tremors parody was infuriating, fun less and not rewarding. The second dream blew my mind - war within I just wanted over. No real feels and yes no fun.

The operator mechanics... Not fun. They're limited to about 3 abilities and your forced into using them vs new enemies no matter what variery of frames of weapons you have. There's no progression, variety of fun here - it's what your given so deal with it.

Kuva - new resource? Cool. Do I get it via new map? Nooooooo silly, no need to even go back to shiney new tileset as it's back to same ones you've grinded for years to again yup be forced into using the operator you truthfully never wanted until lore decided your getting your emo xman wannabe as he/she is how you stop the kuva drains... Again zero variety in a game with hundreds of weapons and mods, it's one way only.

Kuva fortress - as stated new tile. It's brilliant and best thing about update, alas you've no reason to go there though. Bloody crying shame and massive over sight. Had fun with new enemies on there, at least ones I'm not forced into only being able to kill via one method. Hoping to see more Archwing implemented here - perfect map to do so.

Riven Mods - who the hell thought this was a good idea. Level progressing weapons was mentioned, maybe a chance to buff weaker weapons and nerf OP ones.... Nooooooo silly, let's mass buff with that ever loved thing called RNG where the OP can get more OP and if you wanna buff weaker weapons you gotta pray or pay. Then there's the unveiling nonsense like "complete a level 30 plus interception solo with hobbled dragon key equipped", I mean who the hell sees fun as being interception solo any level (its the kind of thing I advice new players never to do) never mind with a dragon key equipped. The whole thing is anti-fun.

Maybe I'm being harsh, I do feel however DE should not pigeon hole themselves into these big cinematic quests as they take mammoth amounts of time, resource and pressures into mass adding "new" features. I'm really excited for another year of warframe - index appeals, boss reworks appeal, tile revamps appeal, sentinels getting more love appeals as well as usual hype for quests, frames and weapons being added. It's just War Within nearly broke me, it added so much I've found I wish they never did and yet is here to stay. Here's hoping DE go back to doing what they did best, making great content at their own pace (alot got pushed back because War Within deadlines, a lot of flack was unfairly thrown there way too with every delay).

I love the Cinematic quests. I be so freaking excited for them but it's soo painful not looking them up on YouTube since PC gets them first. But I believe DE is looking to involve our operator abilities with our focus tree selection. Also I believe DE talked about giving players a reason to go back to the kuva fortress since there is currently none. Except if sorties chose a node from there.

Don't see how anyone can dislike the quests. The Major quests DE puts out be better than alot of these games storylines lately. I just hope this year. Warframe will expand. Meaning not been cramped up in our orbiter. There is more to explore and it's kinda killing me that it's not available to us. Also being able to actually use our ships and not only viewable through loading screens. Don't understand why anyone bought a loading screen prime skin honestly. Just expand Warframe. Ya know?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

You do realize if they skip cinematic quests this year that means no umbra right? Also you don't really have to use the riven mods. The operator mechanic needs a buff to HP and damage. I'm also still confused as to why you didn't like the quest.

As I already said the vast majority of it was spent as the operator. Not even much if that was action based as a lot of it was avoiding golden maws... Something I never expected or wanted in a game like warframe. Other than that there was long sequence in arch wing where you literally fight zero enemies as you dodge lasers hiding under a ship (why most of quest dodging stuff?).

Second dream hit me in the feels, section on that with operator showed a bond where he/she needed the frame as much as it needed them... Carrying operator to fight way through enemies was linear and scripted but impaction to make up for it - now they just hop out and wave blast and dash enemies, some only THEY can take down... 180 degrees much?

Focus system was kinda rushed but it added long term RPG progression and a variety of trees to level and try out. War Within added operator doing 3 same moves for no variety and no long term progression like focus system.

Had far more oomph from Jordan Quest. Not a cinematic but it should have been one with great plot, massive set pieces and epic boss battles in and out of space with frame and archwing alike. War within was not a fun quest, that's why I didn't like it.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

I'm also still confused as to why you didn't like the quest.

meh. a lot of people are disappointed that war within took the tenno operators we had an emotional resonance with in second dream and hard core transformed them into whiny snot nosed brats

24 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Skode said:

The War Within is the least fun I've ever had on Warframe as a Xbox launch player and I disliked ironically everything within. It was a mistake that was pushed as DE want to push big spectacles to end the year with big surprising new mechanics and features but are they fun?

Personally i liked the War Within, but it didnt live up to the hype, and it cannot hold a candle to Second Dream. But for me it was fun. That being said, if you were disappointed by the WW then wait until the Glass Gambit drops on consoles, by far the worst quest in Warframe. 

I do agree with you about the Kuva Fortress, its a great map, with an awesome new mission type (assault), but sadly there is no incentive to play there. I hope DE reconsiders and moves Rivens there. 

As a whole i agree with you op, cinematic quests take too much time and resources, i would preffer a return of the big lore related events of old.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

You do realize if they skip cinematic quests this year that means no umbra right? Also you don't really have to use the riven mods. The operator mechanic needs a buff to HP and damage. I'm also still confused as to why you didn't like the quest.

There are only 2 cinematic quests in Warframe, neither of which yields a Warframe bp as reward. There are many other quests that do however yield Warframes as rewards. OP has a point, War Within was announced way to early, delayed for half a year, and ultimately didnt live up to the hype.

As for the Rivens, given the power creep nature of Warframe, not using them -if you have them- would be counterintuitive. When questions about powercreep are raised, saying "no one is forcing you to use x mod/item" is not a valid answer.

As far as the operators, I don't view myself as them as this isn't an rpg, at least not to me - its an action game with resource gathering/crafting elements. But I can understand some not liking the portrayal of the Tenno as relatively normal kids with power beyond most ken. War Within was supposed to take us as players outside of our comfort zone even as it did the same to the Tenno. I personally like the cinematic quests, and hope to see more; without the long starts and stops of War Within perhaps. :)

I think Glast Gambit had some nice moments as well and look forward to learning more about the devs decide is the solid background of the universe of Warframe from the many options placed in the scans, codex, and hints here and there. I can understand why some wouldn't like how War Within went, but I think that attempts like that are great for growing Warframe and revealing more about the characters while not playing down the character's power.

3 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I think Glast Gambit had some nice moments as wel

Best part of the quest was that first mission with all those NPCs, and the spy mission. The rest of the quest is just copy paste of a pvp arena vs bots, with some dialogue for flavour.

Edited by John89brensen

35 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Skode said:

As I already said the vast majority of it was spent as the operator. Not even much if that was action based as a lot of it was avoiding golden maws... Something I never expected or wanted in a game like warframe. Other than that there was long sequence in arch wing where you literally fight zero enemies as you dodge lasers hiding under a ship (why most of quest dodging stuff?).

Well when you think about it, getting into the Kuva Fortress shouldn't be very easy and you should expect there to be alarms all over the place. Same goes for the Golden Maws bit, where you're remembering your past. Remembering something from way back isn't going to be necessarily easy, so that's probably why they added it. The maws were annoying though.

I like the war within, I didn't like finding out that I the operator is a little twink tweener with a f'in bad mom who gives bad haircuts. This world has gone weird. Its more like the weird within.

Edited by MadMattProulx

I also liked Second Dream, but enjoyed almost nothing about TWW. I'm not a fan of using my Operator instead of my 'frames (if Little Emo had been the main protagonist of the game rather than visually exciting space ninja superheroes, IMHO we wouldn't be having this conversation ~ such a game would have probably faded away a year or two ago.) Like another said above, I like the Kuva Fortress tileset, but I only go because I like the look of it - there's no other reason to be there (ATM). I have no plans to farm for Kuva - the hoops players have to jump through to obtain it just p1ss me off - and the BPs I have for Kuva weapons will just clutter my inventory.

DE has admitted mistakes several times in the past, so I have hope they may eventually bite the bullet and do so here as well. Because many aspects of the game mechanics introduced by TWW have IMHO not been well-received by a large portion of players.

35 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

There are only 2 cinematic quests in Warframe, neither of which yields a Warframe bp as reward. There are many other quests that do however yield Warframes as rewards. OP has a point, War Within was announced way to early, delayed for half a year, and ultimately didnt live up to the hype.

As for the Rivens, given the power creep nature of Warframe, not using them -if you have them- would be counterintuitive. When questions about powercreep are raised, saying "no one is forcing you to use x mod/item" is not a valid answer.

DE did say that the next cinematic quest had to do with Umbra, so we can only assume they are gonna give us the blueprint or other way to get him during or after the quest. I also hope they don't announce the development for the quest months before it comes actually comes out again, because I admit it did kill some of the hype for it.

For rivens, sure it's hard to ignore powercreep(especially in this game), but you shouldn't treat it like you need them for everything, because you don't. You should be able to rely on your own skills and builds without riven mods.

6 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

(if Little Emo had been the main protagonist of the game rather than visually exciting space ninja superheroes, IMHO we wouldn't be having this conversation ~ such a game would have probably faded away a year or two ago.)

Touché

(I hope they read this)

Edited by MadMattProulx

11 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

DE did say that the next cinematic quest had to do with Umbra, so we can only assume they are gonna give us the blueprint or other way to get him during or after the quest. I also hope they don't announce the development for the quest months before it comes actually comes out again, because I admit it did kill some of the hype for it.

I wont hold my breath to be honest, we know nothing about umbra, not even his powers, but the community insists on getting it since the chinese got one. As far as i understand in China its just a Excalibur with a reskin. In any case, lets take TWW as a cautionary tale on the dangers of hyping stuff.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

For rivens, sure it's hard to ignore powercreep(especially in this game), but you shouldn't treat it like you need them for everything, because you don't. You should be able to rely on your own skills and builds without riven mods.

If you have good rivens for your main weapons why wouldnt you use them? since relying on skills and builds requires to have a certain amount of mods available i dont see why i wouldnt equip a riven if i have one, i have everything to win by equipping a good one. Not doing so would just make me that edgy kid that "doesnt use powerstuff". And if we follow that reasoning, we shoulndt also equip the other mandatory mods that certain builds require, going into battle fully naked, with modless weapons and frames.

Edited by John89brensen
removed double negative

15 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Not doing so would just make me that edgy kid that "doesnt use powerstuff". 

Almost (edit) every Mirage+Simulor and Exalted Ability user right there.

15 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

And if we follow that reasoning, we shoulndt also equip none of the other mandatory mods that certain builds require, go into battle fully naked, with modless weapons and frames.

Which is why we needed Damage 3.0 so they could remove those mandatory mods for other stuff, even if you use a useless status mod or nothing at all, but now it seems the riven mods have changed that :(

Edited by (PS4)joshw1400

You cannot have the game come to a stand still, it always has to progress somewhere to keep players interested. Every new quest you'll see player numbers spiking - the interest is there. Just because TWW was somewhat disappointing (it wasn't bad though, the bar had just been set very high by TSD and the hype they created for TWW) and Glast Gambit outright obnoxious does not mean they should stop doing quests - they just need to do better ones.

I also quite dislike the mechanics they came up with for kuva (most boring mechanic in the game) and operator (wish that little brat had stayed frozen) and hope they can get revisited in the future.

And cementing Damage 2.0 with rivens was a great shame...

1 minute ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Every Mirage+Simulor and Exalted Ability user right there.

I havent used Mirage in quite some time, same goes for Excal, though i use Ember for pretty much every low-mid level defense or extermination. I dont see the problem with doing so. Annoying? sure, efficient in the time consuming grind that its the game? that its also true. Blame DE for not balancing the game, and making abilities last an eternity.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Which is why we needed Damage 3.0 so they could remove those mandatory mods for other stuff, even if you use a useless status mod or nothing at all, but now it seems the riven mods have changed that :(

After Rivens i dont know what will become of damage 3.0 and here i was hoping the game starts to get balanced someday.

1 minute ago, John89brensen said:

though i use Ember for pretty much every low-mid level defense or extermination. I dont see the problem with doing so. Annoying? sure, efficient in the time consuming grind that its the game? that its also true. Blame DE for not balancing the game, and making abilities last an eternity.

I'm also guilty of the Ember speed running tactic. I can't be asked to scourge the whole area for that one enemy camping in his chill corner >_<

3 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

I'm also guilty of the Ember speed running tactic. I can't be asked to scourge the whole area for that one enemy camping in his chill corner >_<

Exactly my point, and why would you look in every nook and cranny for that one bugged enemy, when  you can set the entire room on fire and move on.

Back on topic, same logic applies to Rivens, why woulndt you want to equip that +150% crit damage +100% damage +3 punch through Riven (gross exaggeration) for your Soma Prime.

1 minute ago, John89brensen said:

Back on topic, same logic applies to Rivens, why woulndt you want to equip that +150% crit damage +100% damage +3 punch through Riven (gross exaggeration) for your Soma Prime

Well when you get a roll like that(jeez) of course you're gonna use it. But it depends on your preference on the soma. You could not like the soma and sell that mod for Lotus knows how much, or you just use the riven and use the soma constantly or forget the weapon exists.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Well when you get a roll like that(jeez) of course you're gonna use it. But it depends on your preference on the soma. You could not like the soma and sell that mod for Lotus knows how much, or you just use the riven and use the soma constantly or forget the weapon exists.

The Soma is just an example, take your weapon of choice. I sold pretty much every riven i got since they were for weapons that i dont use, and i have no intention to craft again for the sake of one mod. But if i get a riven for one of my main weapons, i would re roll it until its worth using.

While rivens may give fresh air to old -or rather useless- weapons, you have to go through a grind to get them, at most one each day if you are lucky with rng (those 2k endo though) and you might also have to go through a grind to make them viable, this without mentioning that you have to unveil them.

I really like cinematic quests. But I was hoping they'd make more quests for early players as lore continuity. And turn past events into quests. Like, new players would get a bit confused on the story of Alad V because they only know Alad V been kidnapping warframes to turn into Zanuka. Then later suddenly he appeared as an Infested dude? Maybe a quest that opens up once he cleared Alad V's boss fight.

22 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Eu amo as quests Cinematic. Eu freaking tão animado para eles, mas é soo doloroso não olhando-los no YouTube desde PC recebe-los em primeiro lugar. Mas eu acredito que DE está procurando envolver nossas habilidades de operador com nossa seleção de árvore de foco. Também acredito que DE falou sobre dar aos jogadores uma razão para voltar para a fortaleza kuva desde que não existe atualmente nenhum. Exceto se sorties escolheu um nó de lá.

Não veja como alguém pode não gostar das quests. As quests principais DE põem para fora ser melhor do que muitos destes storylines dos jogos ultimamente. Só espero que este ano. Warframe irá expandir. Significado não foi apertado em nosso orbiter. Há mais para explorar e é tipo de me matar que não está disponível para nós. Também ser capaz de realmente usar nossos navios e não só visível através de telas de carregamento. Não entendo por que alguém comprou uma tela de carregamento da pele principal honestamente. Apenas expanda Warframe. Você sabe?

And that, I love liset I want to fly with that beauty. @.@