Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus bundle worth buying?+little question

GennaPetrovich

Question

12 answers to this question

well nidus is really fun and strong but not owerpowered,DE's best warframe so far im my opinion?If you dont want to spend money and have the time try to farm him,but the grind will be....less fun,and if you buy the bundle you will get hema too,it is not the best weapon but it is fun,so if you dont have the time but have the plat ,or just need the whole thing i wold say buy it,and well the quest is a little bit further away.... and you will only get the bp,myself bought him with plat and hema

Typically buying a straight warframe isn't a great idea unless you have bundles of plat lying around with nothing to spend it on. Especially for quest-related stuff where you are guaranteed to be able to build a frame as the result of completing it.

But to each their own! If it interests you greatly, it is a consideration, even if you haven't quite seen what all the other frames do just yet.

Incubator Power Core is a blueprint found by clicking on the companions section, not any of the sub-sections. Click on the companions section, then search for 'power'.

As for the Nidus Bundle, it is faster to get a minimum wage job, work for a few hours, and buy the plat to buy the bundle, then it is to farm for Nidus, farm the Mutagen for Hema, and build the Kogake to build the Hirudo, and you get 3-day boosters + an alternate helmet with the bundle. It is also faster to farm items, sell them for plat, and buy the bundle than to farm for the items in the bundle. So yes, I recommend buying the bundle. I didn't, but that was because I already had the Kogake for Hirudo and I wasn't interested in the Hema, so I just bought Nidus by himself (which, even at his market cost, is cheaper than farming him).

And yes, Hirudo is absolutely worth getting.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

7 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

Incubator power core is something that you get in the Howl of the Kubrow Quest. You get this after defeating the Specter guarding the Mercury junction to Venus. This one doesn't have insane prerequisites.  

Strange,  can't remember getting this after defeating spectre. Maybe there were some patches removing it?

34 minutes ago, GennaPetrovich said:

Hello, I'm rank 3 and have 2 warframes. Want to play nidus really bad but I don't know how far I'm away from his quest, so i wanna ask if buying him is good idea. And how do i get incubator power core thingy? Couldn't find it in store

most of your questions have already been answered but ill just throw my 3-4 sense in with the rest :

nidus is a decently powerful frame, very compare-able with inaros IMHO, ie a solid 'tank-frame' with some limited CC and decent dmg potential

u certainly do not need to buy the package plat deal if all u want is to be able to get nidus, i did the quest and ran the infested sabotage mission probably less than a dozen times [maybe i got lucky and u might have to run the sabo mission dozens of times to get all the parts, unlikely however]

the hema is definitely much more difficult to obtain, just in the fact that it requires an enormous amount of resources [however a good possibility that by the time it becomes an issue for you, the drop rates will have been adjusted and this might only be a thing of the past]

nothing in the pack is a 'must have' however, this is in large part to how WF is designed as a whole, as basically no single frame is required for anything [although frost is pretty decent for stationary defense objectives]

knowing that you might very well have quite a ways to go to work thru the solar system/map and complete the 2D/TWW/GG, ya nidus might be a ways off for you, and if you just gotta have it now, then of course the plat package might be your best course of action

just think about how much u really want it, and if u simply want it now vs waiting and getting other things and then nidus/hema in time, then u will make the right decision for yourself =]

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

you can buy him if you ant but he needs proper modding like any other frames . rest is upto . If you can . At mr 3 i would suggest acquiring proper mods & then go for frames that requires plat or time . You are free to decide what you want to do  but if i was in your position i would defo not buy Nidus . hope it helps ^_^

"Worth" is a very flexible term. I wouldn't even think about buying the bundle because I don't feel the contents are worth paying that much for. 

Nidus, though strong, is not worth platinum IMO. I recommend you go through the game (what little solid content there is), and discover the other Warframes on your way to him. 

The only thing Hema has going for it is that it's rare. Based on the stats, it's a mid-tier gun at best. The life steal gimmick is not worth crap because it relies on headshots with 'meh' accuracy. 100% not worth my money when I can pay 25p (being generous) for a Braton Prime set that's potentially twice as strong.

Hirudo, on the other hand, may be worth buying if you don't have time on your hands. However, it can be gotten in 2 days for free, guaranteed, if you grab Nitain from the alerts and the Kogake BP from the market. I should note that for the Hirudo to work, you have to have 2 of 3 specific mods to work: Blood Rush and Body Count/Drifting Contact (Blood Rush is mandatory. the weapon is next to useless without it, but the other two can be interchanged at will)

I would also point out that the cosmetics from the bundle are kind of gross, and I wouldn't consider spending my money on them.