Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Charge giving 120% damage increase because it is an aura?

k05h

Question

Today I came across a youtube video where the creator suggests that Steel Charge does not give 60% damage increase but two times 60% because it is an aura. 

I cannot find it in the wiki. Is what he says true?

Here is the video (no I am not that person looking for more viewers)

8 answers to this question

Ok, so what's happening here is the dual nature of these aura effects. (taken from coaction drift page on the wiki)

"Aura Strength increases the effect of your aura on everyone. Aura Effectiveness increases the effect of everyone's auras on yourself."

from the way this exilus mod works, reveals a lot about how auras appear to work (especially ones that give a bonus to the player) So basically you get one stack of the buff for having it equipped, but for some reason it applies again when it does the squad aura. so +60% from having the aura equipped and another +60% from the team buff it provides.

You don't see this behaviour on things like corrosive projection because they aren't a buff for you, there is no  "Effectiveness" component of the aura.

The problem with this, is that it seems to be a bug, I don't think this is how it was originally intended. From how the mod descriptions are, at some point the way auras worked changed from just using the "Strength"  (the team buff part) which effected everyone, to this two part system. I can't say for certain why, but I am not complaining.

I think the way it is supposed to work is that the strength portion ONLY affects teammates, and effectiveness ONLY affects you.

The math actually adds up to a  79.35%  damage increase when you pair these two mods together ... and 69% boost for others in your party. This can stack with everyone using it to be pretty crazy. Can end up being 106.35% Damage if stacked ....

Not "because it is an aura." He says the mod gives +60% to your melee damage (if you have it equipped) AND gives an aura to the team that also gives +60% melee damage totaling 120% for the person equipped, +60% per teammate with the mod equipped as well.

Edited by AXCrusnik

25 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Not "because it is an aura." He says the mod gives +60% to your melee damage (if you have it equipped) AND gives an aura to the team that also gives +60% melee damage totaling 120% for the person equipped, +60% per teammate with the mod equipped as well.

But that is not true though, right?

Edit: I like that triple Glyph combo we are doing right now xD

Edited by bluepheonix13

3 hours ago, Pie_mastyr said:

but for some reason it applies again when it does the squad aura. so +60% from having the aura equipped and another +60% from the team buff it provides.

I hope that "for some reason" is not a bug. Thank you for the clearing this up for me.

3 hours ago, Extroah said:

Not trying to be rude, but everything you needed to know was already said in the Comments there, so this Thread is kind of pointless, just saying.

I am German and bluntness is appreciated :D ... I honestly found no consistent answer to this question in the comments. And I am still not sure whether it is a bug or it is supposed to work this way.

3 hours ago, Pie_mastyr said:

You don't see this behaviour on things like corrosive projection because they aren't a buff for you, there is no  "Effectiveness" component of the aura.

That is what got me confused.