Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love the Chargers, but...

Qeveren

Having my melee attacks just sail over their heads half the time (the ground-crawling Infested are worse) is really irritating. Especially considering the NPCs can't miss you in melee. XD

Of course I could stop using this ridiculous giant axe, but... why would I do that? :)

Oppss... hit proxy problem on this guy, thanks!

There's also an issue in that they deal about 100 damage per hit at level 30, hit really fast, are really tough, and come in swarms. I think they have higher DPS than heavy grineer and still only give 50ish Affinity on kill.

Is that a bug (I assume that the high damage is supposed to be from their initial 'charge' or whatever and is being applied to their claw attacks too) or intended?

There's also an issue in that they deal about 100 damage per hit at level 30, hit really fast, are really tough, and come in swarms. I think they have higher DPS than heavy grineer and still only give 50ish Affinity on kill.

Is that a bug (I assume that the high damage is supposed to be from their initial 'charge' or whatever and is being applied to their claw attacks too) or intended?

Did a Pluto mission where they tore through 450 shields in less than 10 seconds. If their attack damage is the same as previously, then it needs to be toned down, because their rate of attacks seem to be much faster and much more accurate.

I concur that their attacks pack a wallop, but they're mean to be dealt with with a plan and teamwork. Mainly using Lokis decoy to annihilate them. ;)

Not everyone plays Loki, not everyone has damage avoidance abilities like that, and people are also playing Solo.

While there being very fast rushing enemies out there is good. Those enemies being able to stunlock and do massive damage in a few brief moments is kind of horrible. They might need some work to clean it up. Though they can't exactly take you one on one, but if just two manage to pin you against a wall or in a corner, you never get a chance to move or attack after that.

It isn't too frequent unless you start off a level oddly. I was trying for stealth as long as possible which meant I was sticking to walls. I got spotted unfortunately and everything rushed me. Just two of them blocked out everything else that was trying to attack but only the two were needed to kill me quickly.

It won't be a frequent occurence, but some better way to get out might be nice. With everything around, it was unlikely to get away, but then again, nothing else even hit me.

Edited additions:

Just tried again and learned that sometimes it is even worse. They somtimes hit you while on the run though I don't think that hit can stun you luckily. A fairly common attack while close to you is the staggering/stunning attack.

They seem to do different damage with different attacks. The common attack while running and at least one attack while close range with you are fairly normal attacks, nothing too troubling especially if you only get hit once. But if they stay close to you, they will hit with a much more powerful attack. If you get attacked by two at a time in close range you will notice that your shields will probably be between half down and gone dependant on how quick you get rid of them.

They are a good enemy, but they spend a chunk of time weaker because you can mow through them most of the time and the initial hits are very week. But if you ever fail to drop all of them you find out that they are more dangerous then disruptors and toxics.

Edited by JHarlequin

agreed with the damage, don't compare them with the pluto's yet, compare them with the other mobs in the same level "fast running melee unit with weak claw attack", well they don't seems to deal weak claw attack compared with the other mobs in the same level ..

and yeah hit proximity fix please ;_;

Okay, I just got my S#&$ wrecked in Ceres and I loved it. I don't know why I wasn't noticing it in Eris, but chargers really are badass now. If they do get toned down, I hope it's not by much. Infested are finally a legitimate threat. It seems the health on ancients was lowered too, which is nice.

Not everyone plays Loki, not everyone has damage avoidance abilities like that, and people are also playing Solo.

For solo they still wreck me even as Loki. Oh and as far as avoidance and missed hit detection for swords you have to aim down to get w a charged attack

Ike, I've played a couple of rounds against them now annnnnd... Damn do I friggin HATE Chargers! So far, at least.

My solo experience:

They travel in packs of at least 5. Never fewer in my experience. So I'm guessing they're meant to count as normal mobs (someone else mentioned they only give 50 affinity). Problem is that they run like the wind (fair enough, but) then stagger you on contact, with a cumulative effect for multiple hits. There looks to be virtually no delay in between their attacks, so once they rush you (which is a given), unless you get lucky that's pretty much it - you are down for the count. They also seem to completely ignore getting hit by melee weapons (when you actually manage to hit them)- even Ancients have their attacks/movements interrupted by a sword to the gut, why not these cheap little bastards? There seems to be no feedback as to whether you are connecting your swings or not until they (or you, more likely) eventually drop dead.

Maybe I need to play a few more rounds to get a proper idea of how to handle them, but I'll admit that I raged when 5 lvl 20 "trash mobs" pinned my &#! to the floor and killed my level 30 Loki (with 483 shields, 300 health and mods to increase my armor by 64% and 50%) in less than 10 seconds. My lvl 30 Cronus might as well have been a @(*()$ toothpick.

Grrrr...

I like the way they are now, is OP compared to other of they species but is not annoy. Melee not hiting every time make then a better version of the crawlers making me fall back until find something that I can jump up and shoot them (they really need to scale things).

I'd certainly welcome a way to deal with them other than running backwards spraying fire, or using slash dash to do a baseball slide of death through them.

What this gentleman said. Right now, the safest bet is a fighting retreat, bugging them out and/or obstacle climbing.

Having my melee attacks just sail over their heads half the time (the ground-crawling Infested are worse) is really irritating. Especially considering the NPCs can't miss you in melee. XD

Of course I could stop using this ridiculous giant axe, but... why would I do that? :)

At least they're really bad at climing stairs... °<°

4w34jTG.jpg

uh so .. only hit prox fix ? no adjustment as hit-stagger-effect dmg balancing etc ? or are you guys still working on it ?

melee ground slams doesn't even affect them, they block my slash-dash, and they are somehow immune to radial javelin ?

(i've been spamming it, and i never see a single one got hit by it)

also, what's wrong with all those ancients @_@

seriously i was in the new level at mercury yesterday, got bullied by 2 / 3 packs of chargers, 2 toxic ancient (3 if i count the one i killed before, near it) and 4 ancient healer ? i ain't gonna level my new weapons or warframes there mwahahaha

i tried other infested levels and .. yeah about 4 / 5 ancients in one area .. and some 2 / 3 more in the area next to it

if it's about balancing for player's weapons and gears, i think a better adjusment can be aplied, as in lower level it's really hard for new players (or low level warframes and weapons) besides, there just isn't much players to co-op with, i think it's quite hard for some people who prefers solo playing (and lags !)

like, the numbers of the players affect the mobs number instead of (or if IT IS already, then i hope there will be more balancing about the numbers), the other example can be shockwave moas and railgun, 4 or 5 shocwaves can stun-lock me to death, while 2 / 3 railguns with 2 SHIELD OSPREISSSSSSSS and some more leech ospreis shooting their parasites to me ..

i was just .. wow ..

Edited by Adagio

Dunno about slash dash but as for radial javelin. I think it has to do with their low profile now. They're about crouching height now so its possible the javelins are passing over their heads.

ah yeah, i tried it again some more times, and the javelins are just passing by .. this seems to be the same case when i downed griners with ground slams and doing radial jav. right away, the javelins hits nothing lol

as for the slash dash, it seems to be blocked when there is at least 2 chargers, or when there is another enemy behind them, as with 1 chargers i will slides a bit to the left or right, thus i take it as they are blocking my slash dash ? :\

well even if it's supposed to be that way if we walk ahead to an enemy, the problem is slash dash should damage the enemy ahead, so it's kinda hilarious that my slash dash which deals about 1/5 of jackal's HP / dash, does nothing to these little guys hahah