Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Harka Deluxe Skin's Feedback and Issues

MortalSword

10 minutes ago, texrei said:

The pendants on the dress are not animated, but surely supposed to. Look at the art.

I personally don't like this skin at all, especially the body. But i didn't like the concept either. Bad for me

True, the skin would obviously look much better if the pendants were animated, currently though I think there are more pressing matters when it comes to the Harka skin. Many things about it seem rushed or sloppy. I just remembered that on the skirt, under some of the mentioned pendants there are blue dots. I have no idea why they are there but I guess they were put there by the person who created the skirt to measure the distance or length or whatever. Those blue dots don't exist on the concept art and there doesn't seem to be any point of their existence. 

Edited by Redriamne

54 minutes ago, Redriamne said:

True, the skin would obviously look much better if the pendants were animated, currently though I think there are more pressing matters when it comes to the Harka skin. Many things about it seem rushed or sloppy. I just remembered that on the skirt, under some of the mentioned pendants there are blue dots. I have no idea why they are there but I guess they were put there by the person who created the skirt to measure the distance or length or whatever. Those blue dots don't exist on the concept art and there doesn't seem to be any point of their existence. 

It took me a bit to see what you meant. No they're not that :^)

If I have a bit of an idea of what might have happened, those are uninstended spots due the tints channels because the skirt pendants being a single mesh piece with the skirt itself.

Painting the Harka skin in RGB+Magenta as the Tint Channels file actually is, you can see this:

Warframe1566.jpg

Warframe1567.jpg

It's most likely an accident that happened due how small the ornaments are. To be honest, that section looks quite difficult to do.

Edited by NightmareT12

On 14/01/2017 at 11:43 AM, Gunide said:

In all honesty, the earrings just prevent me from buying such a well designed skin. Here you have this enormous (similar size to rhino deluxe) frame with giant horns and giant cape, all it's masculinity completely dissolved with just one (two) thing. Earrings. Not just regular ones, long earrings with snowflakes on the ends.

I understand some people like these 'dangly bits' but I'm not the first to complain. An option to remove 'dangly bits' would be great, and it's an option. It doesn't hurt anyone.

Having them as an auxiliary item would be more of a convenience.

emL83Ly.jpg

It may be a Small difference, but at least to me, it's a Big difference.

P.S. I have nothing against earrings, I'd just personally not like them on such a rugged frame.

+ 1

I loved the new Ash skin, and love this new Frost one - expect for the earrings.

Either make then an auxiliary, or if easier, just give us two helmets - one with and one without?

On 14.1.2017 at 5:47 AM, NightmareT12 said:

Well, I couldn't sleep as my head just couldn't stop cycling through this I'm just going to post it where it belongs and hope that this catches the right attention.

Concept art:

ktQpXZ6.jpg

Release (19.6):
Warframe1547.jpg

Post 19.6.1:
Warframe1555.jpg

The helmet's area metallics were changed according to the patch notes so the blacks were not plain black but Jet black. This, in turn, made the default look change to what you see above: Silver. Because most metallic items look silver or platinum when painted white.

The helmet in both concept art and release, as you can see in the first screenshot, looks white, because it's meant to be white. But this isn't all. The material change has also brought compression to the helmet area, as you can see some ugly big squares here and there.

The skin was released perfectly. It was just perfect. The only issue I could see was the weird bulge on the clothes of the skin. Besides that, it was perfectly fine, faithful to the artwork, and looked helluva polished.

Instead, we got now something that looks like a drop in quality and isn't faithful to the original concept. And to top it off, it comes AFTER people were sold on this. And without a precedent, because after the hotfix dropped and I contemplated the change to my heart's horror, I started to check the Forums and Reddit only to find absolutely no complaints on the materials, only on Tint Channels and Clothes bulges that shouldn't be there.

I'm not one to usually ask for simply reverts, but this needs to go back to how it was. I wouldn't be able to accept anything else, because that's not what I got. That's simply not it. And I know I'm not the only one unpleased with this change.

And the worst part is this isn't the first time it happens. Some of you might remember how the Noru Prime received a model change just because when it was PBR'd. And it took like more than a month to get it fixed. Remember when Nekros Prime released and the cloth physics were made much more floaty to the community's displeasure? Same issue. [Granted, DE actually fixed those thankfully and listened, and for that I thank them] But all of this happens while there's other issues on the Art department that could use some attention. Some as old as 2 or 3 years ago. [I also know that this isn't on the Art team's plate fully, but rather on schedules and time constraints] 

I mean, I really hate to make this sound more like a rant than just plain feedback as I'd usually go about, but how am I supposed to pay for a skin if all I know the next day it could be changed without any kind of feedback given on the matter first? Guys please. I love the game, I love you a lot, but this isn't how you do this kind of stuff. Please.

I hope 19.7 reverts this to how it was, because it was perfectly fine and made a better job at representing the colors. Not to say it didn't have that terrible compression artifacts.

Thanks for your time. Love :heart:

around the hips he is too bulgy. and the left one especially. little thicken the abs brighter and the hips thinner. and it would  be great!!

1 hour ago, (PS4)NoVa_Erk said:

around the hips he is too bulgy. and the left one especially. little thicken the abs brighter and the hips thinner. and it would  be great!!

Yeah the bulge(s) is definitely a bug.

The more and more I see the concept art compared to the new Harka Frost, the more I want his original helmet texture back... Just doesn't look the same.

Edited by Naith

16 minutes ago, WolvenEdge said:

I'd like to see this bulge. Any pictures available? Might give the devs a pointer as to what exactly you're talking about, as a lot of the frames (Frost included) are pretty bulgy.

On 12/01/2017 at 3:34 PM, Top_Kekkonen said:

vxfsf5z.pngFpqdAW5.pngADxMD0h.pngCv0fnjl.png

I'm really looking forward to this skin, but I will hold of with my purchase until this bulge gets fixed. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On 12/01/2017 at 7:30 PM, OvAeons said:

bothers me that this was apparent in the preview on the dev stream AND NOT FIXED.

even more apparent in animations, found a bad bugling in the titania noble animation

JWDA8Xu.jpg

There you go mate, it's all on the first page.

I noticed the bludge as well after buying the skin. Adjusted my weapons to fit the new skin's hips leaves a visable gap for all my other frame and it is only one the left side of the skin.

I would like to second the notion of changing the colour channels for the skin. Spent nearly an hour tinkering with the colours so I can use my other helms with the new skin before giving up due to the odd colour channels. MonsieurZero's solution would be wonderful to allow some synergy between the skin and frost's other helms.

Edited by NIXYNIXYNIX

1 minute ago, NIXYNIXYNIX said:

Oh, didn't know there was a thread merger. Hoped it helped you if you were on the fence on buying the skin!

I'm likely going to get it anyway... I may not be a Frost player often, but the sword... *drools*

I really wish there was a way just to get the sword skin, but I've not seen one yet.

5 hours ago, Naith said:

Yeah the bulge(s) is definitely a bug.

The more and more I see the concept art compared to the new Harka Frost, the more I want his original helmet texture back... Just doesn't look the same.

I know right? I have full trust on Mynki and the Art team's decisions on materials so seeing this happen... Like, I¡ve only had two complaints in this regard ever: The Uru Prime's supposedly silver bits not being silver, and the Rhino Prime Iron Skin when it was first PBR'd.

Although I've been playing around with the material on Rhino's Palatine skin's Tint 3 and it would be a good contender too.

Edited by NightmareT12

I know this post is about the harka skin itself, but i would love to be able to use the frysta skin not only in longswords, but also in swords and shield (obviously only replacing the sword part), that way i could have a fire shield and an ice sword, just sharing my thought.

1 hour ago, Silver-Gear said:

I know this post is about the harka skin itself, but i would love to be able to use the frysta skin not only in longswords, but also in swords and shield (obviously only replacing the sword part), that way i could have a fire shield and an ice sword, just sharing my thought.

Or dual swords. ;w; Yes please?

1 hour ago, Silver-Gear said:

Can't work due the way the game handles this, unfortunately :(

3 hours ago, Silver-Gear said:

I think this is an impossible wish. Even if you put aside the reason presented by NightmareT12 you have to consider that people who bought previous deluxe skins would want the same treatment with their weapon skins and that could cause some issues. For example the Nari and Vali skin for dual swords is a sword and dagger. Are people supposed to get skins for dual swords, swords, daggers and dual daggers with it? That's quite a lot no? And Trinity buyers would still only get the staff skin. It sounds kind of unfair to me and I think many people would rage if they did this. You should be happy they allow you to use the Frysta skin on whichever long sword you want, some time ago that wasn't a thing.

Edited by Redriamne

2 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Can't work due the way the game handles this, unfortunately :(

yeah :( sadly, well is was just wishful thinking, i love everything about the skin anyway (except the clipping issues but im guessing they're not gonna be here forever)

Edited by Silver-Gear

9 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I know right? I have full trust on Mynki and the Art team's decisions on materials so seeing this happen... Like, I¡ve only had two complaints in this regard ever: The Uru Prime's supposedly silver bits not being silver, and the Rhino Prime Iron Skin when it was first PBR'd.

Although I've been playing around with the material on Rhino's Palatine skin's Tint 3 and it would be a good contender too.

Wish I had as much faith but when I still see citadella being bugged, it reminds me of why it's diminished so. 

Maybe it will get adjusted, like the horrible bulge, clipping and odd rear spike when crouching. But  it's kind of a case of when and if they'll just forget. Plus some of these bugs really really shouldn't be getting past Q&A in the first place.

Granted, when Frost/Prime got pbr'd but had his glaring bugs, they were fixed up reasonably quickly (likely due to immediate nagging, I certainly know I spammed a bit and sent pms), but it's not often. 

Edited by Naith

11 hours ago, Naith said:

Wish I had as much faith but when I still see citadella being bugged, it reminds me of why it's diminished so. 

Maybe it will get adjusted, like the horrible bulge, clipping and odd rear spike when crouching. But  it's kind of a case of when and if they'll just forget. Plus some of these bugs really really shouldn't be getting past Q&A in the first place.

Granted, when Frost/Prime got pbr'd but had his glaring bugs, they were fixed up reasonably quickly (likely due to immediate nagging, I certainly know I spammed a bit and sent pms), but it's not often. 

Well, I was speaking of material choice and designs. Cloth physics are tricky, in fact Steve explained last sunday they avoided the colisions between cloths because they didn't quite solve the maths yet. Some like the Citadella should be easier to solve than Frost's Harka when he's crouching :P

On the other hand, I'd really like to know if this thread has been seen by the staff, and if they have made a decision. You know, having Danielle or Rebecca drop 'round and tell us something at least. It kills me they changed the helmet, but it kills me even more when there's no word as to what happened and what they're going to do.

34 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Well, I was speaking of material choice and designs. Cloth physics are tricky, in fact Steve explained last sunday they avoided the colisions between cloths because they didn't quite solve the maths yet. Some like the Citadella should be easier to solve than Frost's Harka when he's crouching :P

On the other hand, I'd really like to know if this thread has been seen by the staff, and if they have made a decision. You know, having Danielle or Rebecca drop 'round and tell us something at least. It kills me they changed the helmet, but it kills me even more when there's no word as to what happened and what they're going to do.

Looks like the bulge has supposedly been fixed now, however, no word on the helmet texture... I've quoted Megan asking but I sincerely doubt it'll make any difference.

Unsure whether the crouching and moving bulge at the rear of the skirt has been fixed too.

Edited by Naith

Just now, Naith said:

Looks like the bulge has supposedly been fixed now, however, no word on the helmet texture... I've quoted Megan asking but I sincerely doubt it'll make any difference.

Unsure whether the crouching and moving bulge at the rear of the skirt has been fixed too.

Yeah, I've seen the post. Also said a small thoughts on that. I'm also seeing more people ask for that, so crossing fingers.

I don't see any bulge when crouching, but as cloth physics in a single skirt piece in the game are as I said earlier, the skirt doesn't like to crouch :P