Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bringing back endless missions + other changes

Tyr-Gymir

As many old players know, a lot of us are feeling kind of cheated out of endless missions. To me, and many other older payers, there was nothing more satisfying than going into the void for 2 hours, testing your frames and builds to their absolute limit.

I propose a change/fix.

As it stands, there is no reason to do endless missions, a lot of people feel that there is really no more endgame. What i propose is simple.

1. Keep the void rotation systems, they are pretty good. However, add wave multipliers. For example, after 20 waves, you have a chance to get more and rarer drops than at wave     5. For example, on wave five, you can get 80 endo, on wave 25 you can get 200 and so on.

2. make more void missions. This of course, is a much more longterm project. We have been seeing alot of love for many other mission types; Infested, Earth rehaul, etc. but nothing has significantly changed in the void for quite a while. maybe even timed missions in the void that "Blink" in and out of existance.

3. Give the option for 8-player missions. I cannot tell you how many times me and my clanmates have been unable to play together because of the 4 player limit. I was thinking that you could select an 8-player difficulty, maybe starting at higher levels, maybe nightmare-like

Any other ideas would be great too, tenno!

Keep up the great game!

3 minutes ago, Tyr-Gymir said:

As many old players know, a lot of us are feeling kind of cheated out of endless missions. To me, and many other older payers, there was nothing more satisfying than going into the void for 2 hours, testing your frames and builds to their absolute limit.

And what exactly hinders you to do so anymore? Because there are no more prime rewards every 5 min?

I don´t know if I should love or cry about all these "endless is dead" threads, when I have a hard time finding people that are even willing to go past 20min/waves.

3 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

And what exactly hinders you to do so anymore? Because there are no more prime rewards every 5 min?

I don´t know if I should love or cry about all these "endless is dead" threads, when I have a hard time finding people that are even willing to go past 20min/waves.

I think he more so means you have to have relics to get loot rewards instead of being able to go in with a singular key and getting 5-20 rewards off just that key.

I also despise this if I am to be honest.

Edited by PlsNerfTrinity

The biggest thing that drew me to the void, other than the old prime rewards, was the aesthetic. It's the only remaining place where the Orokin had a dominant presence in and their remains still linger there the most compared to anywhere else. I love the music and the tileset, a reminder of a more prosperous time. According to the lore, it was also a new frontier to explore and it resulted in the creation of the Tenno themselves. It's truly a fascinating place... to have a 60m+ bloodbath.

Now barely anyone goes to the void anymore, there's no real incentive beyond picking up an occasional argon crystal for crafting. The void needs more stuff, it needs things to bring people back in, perhaps not as vitally important as it used to be though.

12 minutes ago, PlsNerfTrinity said:

I think he more so means you have to have relics to get loot rewards instead of being able to go in with a singular key and getting 5-20 rewards off just that key.

Not quite, I don't think they should bring prime parts into the void again. I would love it, but they already said they wouldnt. I just want incentive to do long missions in the void

56 minutes ago, Tyr-Gymir said:

Not quite, I don't think they should bring prime parts into the void again. I would love it, but they already said they wouldnt. I just want incentive to do long missions in the void

aka we need rewards

hmm they removed rewards

see a problem ?:P

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ATLongshot said:

I'd just be happy to make the fissures spawn only in the void.  I go to there now to look around, look awesome.

The entire purpose of the relic system's release was to get people to go to more places than the void. [DE] thought that players were getting tileset burnout from only playing in the void and so made the relic systems so that you could farm prime stuff anywhere. I sort of agree with their thought of tileset burnout because I myself got extremely bored sitting in the void tileset all of the time. I do think that they should add something else to the Void, besides prime parts, though to get people to go there more often.

Edited by thewhitepanda1205

3 hours ago, PlsNerfTrinity said:

3 hours ago, Tyr-Gymir said:

@PlsNerfTrinity See, that´s what I meant, people like OP are whining about "endless is dead" while they say "we played it to test our limits" but all they want are rewards.

4 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

@PlsNerfTrinity See, that´s what I meant, people like OP are whining about "endless is dead" while they say "we played it to test our limits" but all they want are rewards.

now, now, no need to be mean. All I'm trying to say is i often feel like I'm wasting time just testing my frames if i get nothing out of it.

i feel that now, since you don't get good void rewards, its a compromise whenever you  test frames

Edited by Tyr-Gymir

On 1/15/2017 at 0:35 PM, Kuestenjung said:

That is why endless is dead. There is no reason to go past 20 minutes for most people, so you can never get a good squad to go endless. You certainly can't recruit for them because nobody wants to do them anymore. Combined with the fact they when people ARE on who want to, the fissures aren't there to do, or at least not the mission y ou want to do. It's pretty terrible that they nuked the best thing in the game with relics and then put the endless back with relics. They should have put the endless back in the void, and put down good rewards instead of primes (traces and relics every reward with upgraded relics the longer you go. Perhaps even a very rare chance at a valuted relic every 30 waves or so.

On 15.01.2017 at 6:35 PM, Kuestenjung said:

you just answered your own question.

Noone wants to even try doing longer endless mission if you get lame rewards that don't help you in any way (and I don't mean: give us prime parts).

In other words, people stopped doing endless missions thus endless mission IS dead.

Edited by deothor