The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why aren't we talking about the Junction-Specter talking?

Evanescent

14 minutes ago, laysonbaal said:

The "ghosts" in the moon might be controlling them.

Hence their specter name.

3L9rHNh.jpg?1

Weeel. I have a theory on that. If the kuva are nanites that synthesise a brain/neuralnet/soul, and the body becomes a husk, or a Gholem if you will, maby there still remains an "echo" of that soul inside.

And what if that same echo can be used to store "imprints" of a persona.

"I protect this place with my shadow life."

They know they are not complete, and yet they live. Like phantoms.

Those ghosts on Lua may be imprints trapped there, or simply holograms. Knowing the Orokin, they are probably punished and sentenced to wander there for ever. 

Perhaps they are abandoned Warframes with corrupted remnants of their former operators, or they were created for that specific purpose.

*Potential Spoiler*

Is the stalker a frame, that once had an operator?  It's hinted at during the war within quest line.  He hates his own existence and was seeking to destroy the system that created him, right?

4 hours ago, Noamuth said:

Support took it in payment of changing my email, apparently. 

Confession: I bribed support to do it so I could achieve my life long dream of being ahead of you. Worth it. 

On topic, I think they're just AI programmed to defend the rail. Apparently they weren't programmed to recognise fellow Warframes however. As for why they speak, I guess to incite fear. If I enter a derelict rail irl and hear a spoopy voice I'll fly right back out of there. No thank you. You can keep your spoopy station.

Edited by DeMonkey

They could be like the other warframes we've fought in other quests like the silver grove.  just given a purpose.  programmed if you will.  Or perhaps they are being controlled by the void and the void is speaking to us.  My guess with that is from the fact that the void can be assumed to talking to us at the end of TWW and also the specters of the rail update is what the universe looks like after the void "exploded." so these rails and the specters inside could have been lost somewhere within the void and the "explosion" shook them out.

That all being said we still don't have a solid idea of what warframes truly are.  There is an argument to be made that they are at least some what sentient. 

the Orokin made just about everything better than any other race had, and the Specters of the Rail are classed as being Orokin enemies within the Codex. I reckon they are the "prime" version of the Specters we use, which were reverse-engineered and had some features removed to reduce production costs. exactly the same as the lore behind non-primed weapons.

not the most wild and interesting theory, but we already guessed at it having something to do with Shadow Stalker and the like.