The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a reason to slaughter Corpus Crewmen

Coryphaus

We need a reason to slaughter Corpus Crewmen in the thousands every time we do Corpus missions.

The Grineer are an existential threat to what's left of humanity in the solar system, and the Infestation is self-explanatory. With the Corpus though, what exactly have they done to deserve the kind of death we are meting out to them - fellow human beings? No, being greedy is not a good enough reason to kill them wholesale.

Arguably, when Alad V began the Zanuka project it was necessary to stop him, but once the threat abated and the program scuppered the need to continue massacring Corpus crews who were simply in the way should have abated. Ditto their various weapons projects like the Hyena, Ambulas and Jackal programs.

I propose that DE writes in story arcs where the Corpus regularly commit dark stuff like massacres of civilians and medical experimentation on the civilian population such as decraniation and cyborg "augmentation" projects to create de-individuated and mindless slave labor. 

I'm somewhat pro-Corpus so yeah, i don't think that they did anything that dark for us to kill them all. I also wouldn't have stopped the Zanuka project, i mean...why? It would've helped wipe out Grineer and Infested.. the ones we are fighting anyways.. makes no sense, other than the "balance of power" which is BS anyways, lol. We could spend 500 years on earth just killing Grineer and they still wouldn't leave the planet or shrink in numbers, it literally has no impact, so the "balance of power" thing is invalid in terms of actual gameplay.

For all we know the ones we are killing are majority of alad v / nef anyos workers. Which in that case,already makes their employ evil to begin with.

I think I read somewhere though that corpus aren't much better than grineer and that a lot of the crewmen are actually "bred" to do what they're doing and are possibly cloned soldiers from the way it was worded. Which considering the corpus technologies, it'd be more possible to clone better than the grineer in the end and more efficiently. I mean, if the corpus really are greedy, do you think they'd go out, regular people and risk  being killed? I doubt it, they're most likely enslaved drones much like majority of the grineer workers are to the queens.

Corpus being  the descendent of the Orokin, it's a reason itself in my eyes, To prevent the Corpus to somewhat do what the Orokin did. What Alad and Anyo did were also good reasons.  Destroying their "super" weapons like Jackal, Hyennas, Raptor,  is a good reason,  you know,  Restoring Balance.

Btw, just count how many planets corpus have now, compared to grineers.

Edited by Cyberhazard

I kinda agree. You may say their crimes are bad but they're no worse than humans. Experiments, robots, greed, machines, lack of morals... there is literally no difference between human history and them. We live on a cushy planet, they're doing what they have to do in order to prosper in space, just like we once did on earth. Would it have been fair if some super powered alien race slaughtered us for it?

7 minutes ago, Echoa said:

Didn't we get reason in the latest update (and others previously)? They kidnap children, force people to kill each other in a death match for money, experiment on people, etc.

Us humans do that irl as well. Why is nobody killing us?

15 minutes ago, Echoa said:

Didn't we get reason in the latest update (and others previously)? They kidnap children, force people to kill each other in a death match for money, experiment on people, etc.

The plotline introduced in the Glast Gambit was rich in potential but squandered by forcing the players to participate in an arena where the impact and resolution of such evil was trivialized as something that would be settled in just another repetitive and totally un-serious arena. 

The superb script and voice-acting by the Perrin sequence actor was a bit wasted.

Lotus should give us options to shut down death camps, medical experimentation labs (with human subjects) and jailbreaking out more than lone tennos.

Edited by Coryphaus

5 minutes ago, Coryphaus said:

The plotline introduced in the Glast Gambit was rich in potential but squandered by forcing the players to participate in an arena where the impact and resolution of such evil was trivialized as something that would be settled in just another repetitive and totally un-serious arena. 

The superb script and voice-acting by the Perrin sequence actor was a bit wasted.

Lotus should give us options to shut down death camps, medical experimentation labs (with human subjects) and jailbreaking out more than lone tennos.

I agree on this one. That one mission where we had to fend off the infested was pretty awesome, and i thought the questline would keep following that style of actually doing something productive, but nope, just more rounds of Index. Was somewhat of a letdown but i did enjoy it anyways even though it was repetitive.

33 minutes ago, Cmdr-A said:

For all we know the ones we are killing are majority of alad v / nef anyos workers. Which in that case,already makes their employ evil to begin with.

I think I read somewhere though that corpus aren't much better than grineer and that a lot of the crewmen are actually "bred" to do what they're doing and are possibly cloned soldiers from the way it was worded. Which considering the corpus technologies, it'd be more possible to clone better than the grineer in the end and more efficiently. I mean, if the corpus really are greedy, do you think they'd go out, regular people and risk  being killed? I doubt it, they're most likely enslaved drones much like majority of the grineer workers are to the queens.

A clone is still human. A clone has all the thoughts, emotions, feelings and motivations as the original unless steps were taken to handicap them such as what happened to the Grineer.

Even if the Corpus Crews were somehow indoctrinated or mind-controlled, they are only doing what their overlords will them to do, and there is always a chance that they themselves can be freed from such slavery.

Considering that Combas and Scrambus were given very human sounding voices and reactions I feel disturbed at dispatching them the same gory way we do to Infested - without even a second thought.

Edited by Coryphaus

My 5y/o son asked me if I was a bad guy when he saw me slaughtering a bunch of corpus. I really didn't have a good answer to give him. It didn't help that after he asked that he saw me chase down one that was running away and slice him in half. He even pleaded that I just "let them be" and move on with my mission, not realizing that my mission is to kill. To him, he saw them as people.

I'm reality, tenno would be absolute sociopathic monsters. Could you imagine the carnage we would leave behind if bodies didn't disintegrate? Imagine the  pile of dismembered bodies we would be crawling over during a typical defence mission? 

This is why there is such a disconnect to what we do and the way the operators act and speak. We should either be stoic warriors or traumatized desensitized child soldiers.

Edited by Hypernaut1

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

My 5y/o son asked me if I was a bad guy when he saw me slaughtering a bunch of corpus. I really didn't have a good answer to give him. It didn't help that after he asked that he saw me chase down one that was running away and slice him in half. He even pleaded that I just "let them be" and move on with my mission, not realizing that my mission is to kill. To him, he saw them as people.

I'm reality, tenno would be absolute sociopathic monsters. Could you imagine the carnage we would leave behind if bodies didn't disintegrate? Imagine the  pile of dismembered bodies we would be crawling over during a typical defence mission? 

This is why there is such a disconnect to what we do and the way the operators act and speak. We should either be stoic warriors or traumatized desensitized children.

Wow, that must be a terrible thing for your son to see :sad: 

Edited by Coryphaus

War is not heroic, the loss of life is never a good thing, and death is the trade of those who see the worst and only option there is left. At this point you've more or less failed. So has everyone else, too. The only thing left to do is to salvage as much as possible. Are tennos heroes? No. They are murderers. But doing nothing is not a solution at all. But war is always the worst.

8 minutes ago, Coryphaus said:

Wow, that must be a terrible thing for your son to see :sad: 

Yeah, he doesn't watch me play often.. Mainly because he says I play the same levels over and over. 

When it happened I made a post about it, about a year ago. We had an interesting discussion on wether or not tenno can truly be considered "good" guys.

59 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This is why there is such a disconnect to what we do and the way the operators act and speak. We should either be stoic warriors or traumatized desensitized children.

not really sociopaths, but more like child soldiers imo.  We don't know anything aside from killing since our young age.

They kidnap children, perform horrendous experiments on other humans, and will do ANYTHING if it means "profit".

Im not saying every single one we kill is some evil scumbag that does all of this, but as they are doing nothing to stop it, they are guilty by association in my eyes.

If they were to run away while i do what i came for then id have no reason to kill them, but do they? no, they stand and fight you.

As for exterminates, just better hope the lotus knows what she's doing when she tells us to wipe them out. though her giving us some context into WHY they need to die would be appreciated.