Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A few questions about mods

raptor543

Question

25 answers to this question

rare/primed mods are better, mm probably. but all depend about your build (very personal). 

why you don't tell us what are you trying to do or modding.

ex: Primed Flow 275% power max ; Flow: 150% so if you dont need to much power I prefer flow (common) cost less

Edited by (PS4)AleDiorio

Not exactly linked to the fact that they are rare but more what you need.

Not recomended to max all mods only the one you need. Serration , hornet strike, redirection, vitality ,steel fibers are good exemple of good common/uncommon mods

For the basic "rare" one like flow/continuity/Streamline there is prime version but its strongly advised to max the first one first becvuase maxing a prime one can cost a lot for starters.

Reflex guard is an exemple to max at the end almost nobody use that.

Edited by trunks013

5 minutes ago, raptor543 said:

Are rare mods the most powerful and highly recommended to equip, or is it based on preference?

Rare mods aren't necessarily the most powerful (except when you look at Primed mods, which offer higher buffs to their regular counterparts). Mods that you equip really are based on preference, although there are some damage mods which are viewed as "mandatory".

6 minutes ago, raptor543 said:

And is it recommended to max out any mods to the highest rank?

Except for a few "corrupted" mods, the answer to this is almost always yes.

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Rare mods aren't necessarily the most powerful (except when you look at Primed mods, which offer higher buffs to their regular counterparts). Mods that you equip really are based on preference, although there are some damage mods which are viewed as "mandatory".

Except for a few "corrupted" mods, the answer to this is almost always yes.

Even though I should max the mods out, I would run out of space for other mods. For example, if I maxed out vitality and redirection, I wouldn't have much space for increase of power or using other mods..

Just now, raptor543 said:

I was planning to max out some of my mods for my warframe, NYX, such as vitality or redirection. However I was planning to give up on some other mods in my build since I would be taking up a lot of drain.

That's where getting an Orokin Reactor comes in handy. That will double your mod capacity so you can fit more mods (and higher ranked mods) in. Also, as you progress, you'll come across forma blueprints which you can build and which will allow you to add different "polarities" which will result in halving mod slot usage if you fit in the right polarity mod.

1 minute ago, raptor543 said:

Even though I should max the mods out, I would run out of space for other mods. For example, if I maxed out vitality and redirection, I wouldn't have much space for increase of power or using other mods..

did you installed a reactor/catalyst ?

Did you try a forma(carefull its gonna reset the mastery in exchange for a polarity of your choice ) ?

Basicly thats the basic key go fit more stuff into a frame/weapon

Edited by trunks013

2 minutes ago, raptor543 said:

I was planning to max out some of my mods for my warframe, NYX, such as vitality or redirection. However I was planning to give up on some other mods in my build since I would be taking up a lot of drain.

Vitality and Redirection are both good mods to max out, and are good to put on almost every frame as a new player.  As you become more experienced with the game, you'll find that many frames have other ways of surviving.

Watch for alerts for Orokin Reactor/Orokin Catalyst/Forma blueprints.  Reactors and Catalysts can be permanently installed on frames and weapons respectively, doubling their drain capacity.  Forma adds a polarity to your mod slot, which halves the drain of a mod that matches the polarity. 

2 minutes ago, raptor543 said:

To counter that, you can use Formas (adding a Polarity) and Orokin Reactors (Double the mod capacity). Auras are also usefull since they give additionnal mod capacity.

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

That's where getting an Orokin Reactor comes in handy. That will double your mod capacity so you can fit more mods (and higher ranked mods) in. Also, as you progress, you'll come across forma blueprints which you can build and which will allow you to add different "polarities" which will result in halving mod slot usage if you fit in the right polarity mod.

The funny thing is, I already have a orokin reactor. And it still would take up some space for really special mods where my power for my skills would increase and I usually want to keep that type of mod since I already completed the second dream and I already added a focus lens to the warframe.

The funny thing is, I already have a orokin reactor. And it still would take up some space for really special mods where my power for my skills would increase and I usually want to keep that type of mod since I already completed the second dream and I already added a focus lens to the warframe.

That's where adding forma comes in. Can you share your current build (with a screenshot)? It may help us help you.

1 minute ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

To counter that, you can use Formas (adding a Polarity) and Orokin Reactors (Double the mod capacity). Auras are also usefull since they give additionnal mod capacity.

Does this randomize all the polarity in my warframe or transforms a normal slot into a polarity slot?

3 minutes ago, raptor543 said:

Does this randomize all the polarity in my warframe or transforms a normal slot into a polarity slot?

1 Forma = 1 Polarity (You can add one or change an already existant polarity)

But beware, using a Forma will reset the rank of your Warframe or weapon, so you'll have to max it again each time you use one.

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

11 minutes ago, raptor543 said:

if you are new I recommend you max vitality first,.. and don't lose your mind with formas yet, think a bit about it

Edited by (PS4)AleDiorio

11 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

That's where adding forma comes in. Can you share your current build (with a screenshot)? It may help us help you.

Here are the screenshots: This is my strongest build so far.

My Loadout

5077ECEE7027C952642E8F75C4BF69768CF14C4B

My Warframe build:

55DC80DB958AC772F698BF005445CA71B4D78356

My Primary build:

FD2AA8F1D73FBB88471A4A4B5865E2ED31334A8F

My secondary build:

1457E38BC8461317BCAC58BBFFB15FBF44DFACA2

And lastly, my melee build:

99F2292167E3F714D4BF816B89861E18FC2AD5FE

21 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

1 Forma = 1 Polarity (You can add one or change an already existant polarity)

But beware, using a Forma will reset the rank of your Warframe or weapon, so you'll have to max it again each time you use one.

At least it builds up your mastery rank, right?

There are many Bronze and Silver mods you will need, some being the most important (ex. Serration, Vitality, Redirection, All Status Mods) I reccommend maxing the ones I listed as fast as possible, but as you get further in the game, you will eventually want these gold mods. 

17 minutes ago, raptor543 said:

My Warframe build:

55DC80DB958AC772F698BF005445CA71B4D78356

So I'll take a stab at your warframe build. Right off the bat, I'd recommend swapping out the Enemy Radar aura for either a Corrosive Projection (which I see you have) or an Energy Siphon. Because Nyx's armour is so low, adding Steel Fiber is near useless, so I'd take it out as well. I'm not sure why you have Heavy Impact on (I've never used it), so if you're not too attached, remove it as well. You also don't really need Rush or Thief's Wit (you can find a similar mod for your Sentinel, which is what I would recommend). 

What I would add (if you have them) is the following: Streamline for some efficiency. Stretch for some range. Continuity for some duration. I've never really used Redirection and have opted for a maxed Vitality instead (since shields regenerate, but health doesn't). Fast deflection is also a mod you can get rid of and maybe, if you can get your hands on it, use one of Nyx's augment mods.

That's just my 2 cents.

44 minutes ago, raptor543 said:

Here are the screenshots: This is my strongest build so far.

My Warframe build: I prefer Nyx with duration mods + max range  (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Duration) + http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Range#Power_Range for Chaos and Mind control

My Primary build: take off hush. magazine warrp rupture sawtooh clip and put vital sense, cryo rounds, infected clip and speed tigger,(based in ur mods) you need check/read: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Edited by (PS4)AleDiorio

14 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

So I'll take a stab at your warframe build. Right off the bat, I'd recommend swapping out the Enemy Radar aura for either a Corrosive Projection (which I see you have) or an Energy Siphon. Because Nyx's armour is so low, adding Steel Fiber is near useless, so I'd take it out as well. I'm not sure why you have Heavy Impact on (I've never used it), so if you're not too attached, remove it as well. You also don't really need Rush or Thief's Wit (you can find a similar mod for your Sentinel, which is what I would recommend). 

What I would add (if you have them) is the following: Streamline for some efficiency. Stretch for some range. Continuity for some duration. I've never really used Redirection and have opted for a maxed Vitality instead (since shields regenerate, but health doesn't). Fast deflection is also a mod you can get rid of and maybe, if you can get your hands on it, use one of Nyx's augment mods.

That's just my 2 cents.

I use enemy radar for stealth usually. I actually would take a look for the sentinels mods since there were other alternatives that you mentioned. Thanks though!