Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The return of downvotes.

artemisfortune

20 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Fair point, but isn't that what most people do anyway? Doesn't it make the upvote more earned?

I don't know about more earned, but yes, people do that already.

In all honesty, I'd rather have someone leave no response and move on over a downvote with no reason.  It's a lot like someone poking you while you're in a dark room and you can't tell who it is, why they're doing or what they want.

29 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I don't know about more earned, but yes, people do that already.

In all honesty, I'd rather have someone leave no response and move on over a downvote with no reason.  It's a lot like someone poking you while you're in a dark room and you can't tell who it is, why they're doing or what they want.

Then whats an upvote? Giving you icecream in a dark room without knowing who it is, why they are doing it, and what they want?

Not saying that I don't mind....

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)TheNarrowRoad said:

Then whats an upvote? Giving you icecream in a dark room without knowing who it is, why they are doing it, and what they want?

Not saying that I don't mind....

I'll take mysterious ice cream over mysterious pokes.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the upvote system either.  I want people to express why they like or dislike something.  Those little green numbers don't do anything for the poster - it doesn't make the topic more visible to DE, it doesn't keep it afloat when people stop commenting.  Its just a tiny ego stroke.

Edited by Noamuth

I mean there are enough people didnt even finish reading the title and drop down comments that make themselves look like idiots.

Down vote is encouraging this kind of behavior as it accelerate the process of feedback further and it also reduces the responsibility of not paying attention to details.

On January 19, 2017 at 10:07 PM, JSharpie said:

A long time ago, on a forum right here, there was a downvote ability. Why was it removed?

I should be able to dislike a suggestion or post without having to make an actual wordy post, it makes suggestions unreliable.

Can we have it back?

I actually found downvotes on a page in general discussion about the infestation

So I guess Jsharpie has taken a look on Overwatch forums... Oh god no... *goes running away shouting word No all the time then comes back silent* All I want to say is has already come from Noamuth although I guess I have something to say too. I have seen the Overwatch forums. Nobody talks there. It is either some good actual joke thread or actually a good point thread where people talks. Rest is down vote material while there actually has been brought out points that actually matter.

My vote for down vote button to this forum is down vote. No. In Overwatch forum it only barely works but in here. It would put the forum to wrong way... Nobody would never actually express in words how they feel about something. Just as an example look at the fan warframe concepts. Would the good ones be even better if the writer of the concept would have gotten only dislikes? I don't think so. It would only tell "Why are you wasting your time to this?" Did those concepts get even better with feedback where people actually put some effort in instead of just saying "I don't like it" or press dislike button? They did. Look at them. Amazing stuff you can find there.

I know I might have been offensive to some people right now but... I am greatly against the idea of this forum getting a down vote button. It is very rarely helpful feedback. To me the like system is just "Okay... I guess I did something correct? Right?"

Edited by AlendasNaro