Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok, let me put forth some trading tips

Troll_Logic

Question

After dealing with traders for years, let me put forth a few suggestions to make things a bit easier for sellers and buyers both.

1)  Don't be a jerk.  I know everyone is just about anonymous but that isn't a license for rudeness.  Also, you could be dealing with an eleven year old, so always cut the other tenno a little slack.

2)  Don't be an "offer, offer, offer" tenno.  No one is selling the Hope diamond.  No one is selling an original Picasso.  A loki prime set is worth the same as any other loki prime set.  a Primed flow is worth the same as any other primed flow.  There is a little more fluctuation in a vaulted item or extremely powerful riven mod, but even then, there is a still a range.  I know everyone wants to be the guy that sells a 50p item for 800p because "the other tenno had no idea of the item's value so he wildly overpaid", but again, look to rule one.  Everyone has a price in mind for their item.  Don't give me "the first guy that names a price is the loser" because again, "no one is selling an original Picasso.  Warframe is in a limited universe with limited items.

3)  Don't lie.  Don't be a "I have no idea what this is worth" tenno and when someone offers you a price say "no" because obviously you have some idea of what it's worth.  I'd wager a pretty good idea of what it's worth.  With warframe market, asking other clan members, and just asking random strangers on the trade chat, people know what it's worth.  So don't lie.

4)  Don't hold an "online auction" because that leads to #3.  I know, you want the most plat for your item.  But don't lie.  Don't say "I know you offered 300p for this 400p item, but someone else just offered 420p.  Do you want to beat it?" because everyone knows you're lying.  I just had this happened to me last night.  I was going to buy something that was 300, but the guy said "Sorry, a guy just offered 400.  Do you want to beat it?"  I told him "No.  Take the 400.  That's more than it's worth."  A few minutes later he replied "He just went AFK.  Still want to buy it?"  So don't lie and if you're a buyer, don't be stupid enough to believe anyone who tells you what someone else "offers."

5)  Have price for an item you're selling.  That makes things quick and easy.  Other players know how much you want.  There isn't any lowballing.  There isn't any arguing back and forth until someone types a number.  The buyer knows what you want and can negotiate.  Publishing a price makes things fast and easy for both players.

6)  This works for buying as well.  If you want something specific put how much you want to pay in your message and trust me, if you are offering a fair price someone will reply.  That's the fastest way to buy something.

7)  Keep typing to a minimum.  Don't be one of those guys that types "hmmmmm", "idk", and so on.  Often tenno have multiple tabs open and are talking to multiples tenno at the same time.  When someone types "hmmmmm" over and over, it makes the tenno continually have to check the blinking tab.

8)  Often trades are welcome for something in lieu of plat, but don't offer a trade for the same amount.  For example, let's say you want to buy a Loki Prime set for 250p but you don't have 250p.  If you want the seller to entertain your trade offer, don't offer 250p worth of prime parts because that isn't a straight trade.  Sure, the "platinum values" may be "the same", but if it takes 4 additional trades to get that 250p, then it's a lot more work.  Offer more in value if you want the buyer to take parts instead of plat.

9)  Don't have a dojo tax.  Dojo stuff is cheap.  Refer to #1 if you're thinking of setting your dojo tax rate to 10% or honestly, to anything really.  Don't screw over your buyers by fleecing them for more credits.

10)  Give the buyer a little time to reply.  I can't tell you how many times I've offered something for sale, an interested buyer replies with a number, and twenty seconds later I get a "?"  Ten seconds later "?"  Another ten "?"  Then another "?"  Keep in mind that when someone sells something there is a good chance multiple tenno are replying.  Give the seller a little time to get back to you.

11)  Try to be as specific as possible.  I know I make this mistake all the time.  If you want an unranked mod say that.  If you want ranked, say that.  If you want a set, say that.  If you want a specific BP, say that.  If you want a specific items as opposed to the syndicate version, specify that.  Again, I make this mistake all the time.

12)  Don't try to renegotiate the price in the trading screen.  Don't be in the middle of a trade and say "Can you pay a little more?"  This happens way more than it should.  If two players make a deal, stick with that deal.

13)  Don't worry if you can't make a deal.  It's ok.  Maybe the seller wants too much or the buyer wants a better deal.  There's always another item out there so don't take not getting the price you want personally.  You can buy it later.

14)  Be nice & forgiving.  People make mistakes all the time.  They'll reply to sell something they don't have.  (I've done this a lot.)  All this mistake costs is the little time it takes to go to the dojo and back.  Sometimes people need weapons' slots.  Or they don't have enough credits.  Or they don't don't know about the prime tax.  It's fine.  It's just a little annoying.  Not a biggie.

Everyone wants the same thing.  Everyone wants the quickest trade possible.  Be honest with each other, make a deal, respect the other tenno if you can't, and get back to playing.

Yesterday I made my first ever sale.

I have some spare prime frame sets and a desperate need to unlock new slots. I've wanted to sell them for a while but trading is kinda scary. What's it worth? What can I expect to get? Who knows?

I watched trade chat for a while to get an idea of what goes on and try and get some idea of value of items. But you only see people post messages for selling or buying, you have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes. Did anyone contact them to try and buy it? Did they sell it? No idea.

I checked Waframe Market to get some idea of value, but wow the range of prices are pretty amazing. Are the expensive ones selling? Are the cheap ones even selling? Who knows?

So, what else to do that bite the bullet and dive in. Maybe a week or so ago I first just posted messages saying I wanted to sell sets. No price or anything, just the sets I wanted to sell. Wait for the offers to come rolling in. But no, nothing. I honestly expected to be inundated with requests. Oh, how naive. How depressing.

Gonna have to change tactics. Gonna have to start thinking about the value I place on this stuff. I don't really want to get into a bidding war anyway (if people do even respond to trade chat). I'd rather say "this is the price I'm selling" and if someone wants it then job done. You look at Warframe Market and see the high numbers and imagine all those slots you could unlock with it. Man, more slots than I've got stuff to fill them with. The dream life. But seriously, no muppet is gonna pay 100 platinum for this Volt set (nevermind the 160 wftrading suggests, what a joke!). Or maybe there is a muppet out there but sheesh how long have I gotta sit around to try and catch that muppet? I wanna play the game, not have a job trading.

After internal and external debate it became pretty clear that that prime set sitting in my inventory was worth pretty much nothing to me. Sure, I'd put the time in getting it but I'd enjoyed that time and can't exactly put a platinum value on that time. Anything is better than nothing. Forget that 100 plat. Lower your expectations. Be happy with what ever you get.

Trade chat ain't gonna know what's hit them when I tell them about my cheap Volt set on offer. I'm gonna kill the market. Get ready for being inundated with messages from the rabid buyers. This is gonna be epic!!!!!!!

WTS Volt set 40p

Nothing. My offer scrolls into oblivion. Are my sights really still too high?

WTS Volt set 35p

Nothing. OK, what the heck is going on? Maybe no one can hear me. That must be it. No one could refuse such an offer could they? But let's not forget that this frame is worth nothing to me. Here we go.

WTS Volt set 30p

Ping! An invite to a dojo. A message from dude "Hi deal". I accept invite, trade my Volt set for 30 plat and leave. Success! I celebrate by buying a new warframe slot and releasing Nidus from the foundry.

I was kinda surprised that they were the only person that responded. I thought there'd be at least a couple of people I'd have to apologise to that it'd been sold. But nope. No more messages or anything. Found that kinda odd. But I shouldn't. I should probably find someone actually contacted me as being odd. I shall find out with more experience.

But yeah, I'm a trader now. I will be rich, it's just probably gonna take longer than I originally thought. Fun times ahead.

Thanks for reading. 

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

1 hour ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Yesterday I made my first ever sale...

Volt has been out for a while and almost everyone has him.  Try selling stuff like that on the weekend when players who play less often get on.  On the other hand, you needed quick plat, so listing a cheap price is the way to go.  Also wftrading is way out of date.  But congrats on your first sale!  

On 1/26/2017 at 9:39 AM, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Yesterday I made my first ever sale.

Congrats on the sale. I dont know about other platforms but on Xbox One it's perfect acceptable to call "PC on (insert item in question)" Pc being  "price check" . Sometimes okay to ask in global even as long as you aren't spamming. Heck this can even lead to a sale sometimes as you get offers for said item.

On 22/1/2017 at 3:23 AM, Troll_Logic said:

4)  Don't hold an "online auction" because that leads to #3.  I know, you want the most plat for your item.  But don't lie.  Don't say "I know you offered 300p for this 400p item, but someone else just offered 420p.  Do you want to beat it?" because everyone knows you're lying.  I just had this happened to me last night.  I was going to buy something that was 300, but the guy said "Sorry, a guy just offered 400.  Do you want to beat it?"  I told him "No.  Take the 400.  That's more than it's worth."  A few minutes later he replied "He just went AFK.  Still want to buy it?"  So don't lie and if you're a buyer, don't be stupid enough to believe anyone who tells you what someone else "offers."

Yeah, It's right but what if that's true? I mean, sometimes happens that multiple people ask me for the same item and one of them is ready to pay it the price I stabilized and the other one wants to pay it less, I just gently tell them that if they want it they have to surpass the amount of plats someone else offered to me, if they say "no" just goodbye but I leave them the chance to take it if they really want to buy the item.

23 hours ago, Sarkairox said:

Yeah, It's right but what if that's true? I mean, sometimes happens that multiple people ask me for the same item and one of them is ready to pay it the price I stabilized and the other one wants to pay it less, I just gently tell them that if they want it they have to surpass the amount of plats someone else offered to me, if they say "no" just goodbye but I leave them the chance to take it if they really want to buy the item.

This to me personally is where it gets a bit about you.

If I offer an item for a 300p and the first person who pms me says deal and inv, that deal is set for me. If another player sends me a pm then offering 400, it is now my character to respond to that person "just sold" because I agreed to the price I set and the first person entered that deal with me.

As soon as you start backing out of deals and making exceptions you will be opening up yourself to much of the same happening to you on the other side. Have principles and be fair, you will come across many more of those players. Constantly take shortcuts and be shady and you will likely be ignored by the principled traders and end up dealing with folks always trying to put you together.

Nice post OP. This should be pinned. +1

I don't trade very often(hardly at all, honestly), but when I do I follow all of those rules and then some. I may have been ripped off a few times, but I try to be aware of the other tenno's intentions. I know, it's kind of hard to read online, but I have made someone's day 3 or 4 times for every time I've been screwed. So, I feel like it's worth it and occasionally, they come back later and offer me a good deal on something or ask if I have an item they're looking for. This results in really good deals for both parties.

Case in point; I was chatting with a friend who was having trouble finding an item, Paris Prime String to be exact. He had run out of Relics and his plat supply was very limited. Since it was close to his birthday, I decided to try to find it for him in Trade. Most of the sellers had full Paris Prime sets that they didn't want to break up. I didn't blame them and I wasn't going to beg for just the String. After almost an hour, I found a seller with just the String for sale. After a brief greeting, the seller told me that he/she was just trying to get enough plat for some weapon and warframe slots and any offer that I made would go a long way toward their goal.

This is usually the point where I either find gold or get ripped off. The initial offer was 12p(enough for weapon slots). I leaned back in my chair, took a swig of my tea and, returning to my keyboard, I replied, "How does 32p sound?" There was a very long silence from the other player.

"REALLY?!!!"

"Yes. That's enough for 2 weapon slots and a warframe slot. Deal?"

"YES!!! You're awesome! I'll give you another thing I was selling, too."

I tried to convince them that the extra item wasn't necessary, but he/she wouldn't take "No" for an answer. I was invited to their Dojo and I was surprised when they offered the String and a Rank 3 Blind Rage. I actually wanted that mod at that level, go figure. We completed the trade and went our separate ways. About 30 seconds after I got back to my landing craft, I got a friend request from them as well as a very nice thank you message.

Sometimes it pays to be a nice guy.

I'm rich. I'M RICH!!!!!

I sold a Valkyr chassis for 70p. It was a WTB. I had the part. I asked them how much? They said 70p. I wasn't gonna argue with that. Wallet now bulging.

That set me off. Someone wanted a syndicate mod for 10p. Sold. Someone wanted to trade syndicate mods and I was able to get myself the Ivara mod for a Red Veil mod. Every so often I'll post that I'm selling Steel Meridian mods for 10p ono, I've only had one dude ask for a mod so far and offer 8p and I took it. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

OK, what have I learnt? Forget trying to sell stuff in the main. Much better looking out for people buying stuff and checking if you've got it to sell them. If you REALLY want to sell something just accept that you're gonna have to shift it cheap unless you want to sit on it for weeks and trying, trying, trying again to sell the damn thing. And mods is where it's at (just cos you're got your own energy syphon doesn't mean it's not worth getting another. A WTB will eventually crop up).

Oh, and I remember in my last post saying I didn't want to play the trading game. I now realise that trading is a game and I'm thoroughly enjoying playing it. Playing's about getting stuff to sell as much as getting stuff for myself now.

On 1/24/2017 at 2:44 PM, (XB1)Deflinek said:

Great post, thanks for it. I really want to emphasize above tips. Also from the console point of view I have few others.

- Listing price will get you trade easier. Typing on console is harder, so people seem to respond more often to listed price and you don't have to deal with people who just want to know the price and don't really buy/sell.

- turn ON "chat message timestamps" - it helps in case of late responses

- turn OFF "inline private messages" - it helps keeping multiple conversations organized and not inject messages from other players to chat with someone else. This is especially important because when you type you don't see the conversation so costly mistake can happen easier (if I could only turn off the on-screen keyboard when I have external one connected...).

- don't be a jerk - if you don't agree to the price (be it listed or messaged) just reply "nty" or nothing at all. Little haggling is OK, but cutting seller by 30% or offering item to buyer for 30% more is not.

Good suggestions.

On 1/21/2017 at 8:36 PM, Starfreak911 said:

The sad thing is that at least 60% of these things should be common courtesy...  If they truly need saying then that's a sad reflection on the trade population.  

Its a human thing actually. People are naturally greedy and want to get rich fast. Whether it be money, plat, you name it. 

On 22. 1. 2017 at 3:23 AM, Troll_Logic said:

After dealing with traders for years, let me put forth a few suggestions to make things a bit easier for sellers and buyers both.

1)  Don't be a jerk.  I know everyone is just about anonymous but that isn't a license for rudeness.  Also, you could be dealing with an eleven year old, so always cut the other tenno a little slack.

2)  Don't be an "offer, offer, offer" tenno.  No one is selling the Hope diamond.  No one is selling an original Picasso.  A loki prime set is worth the same as any other loki prime set.  a Primed flow is worth the same as any other primed flow.  There is a little more fluctuation in a vaulted item or extremely powerful riven mod, but even then, there is a still a range.  I know everyone wants to be the guy that sells a 50p item for 800p because "the other tenno had no idea of the item's value so he wildly overpaid", but again, look to rule one.  Everyone has a price in mind for their item.  Don't give me "the first guy that names a price is the loser" because again, "no one is selling an original Picasso.  Warframe is in a limited universe with limited items.

3)  Don't lie.  Don't be a "I have no idea what this is worth" tenno and when someone offers you a price say "no" because obviously you have some idea of what it's worth.  I'd wager a pretty good idea of what it's worth.  With warframe market, asking other clan members, and just asking random strangers on the trade chat, people know what it's worth.  So don't lie.

5)  Have price for an item you're selling.  That makes things quick and easy.  Other players know how much you want.  There isn't any lowballing.  There isn't any arguing back and forth until someone types a number.  The buyer knows what you want and can negotiate.  Publishing a price makes things fast and easy for both players.

6)  This works for buying as well.  If you want something specific put how much you want to pay in your message and trust me, if you are offering a fair price someone will reply.  That's the fastest way to buy something.

7)  Keep typing to a minimum.  Don't be one of those guys that types "hmmmmm", "idk", and so on.  Often tenno have multiple tabs open and are talking to multiples tenno at the same time.  When someone types "hmmmmm" over and over, it makes the tenno continually have to check the blinking tab.

8)  Often trades are welcome for something in lieu of plat, but don't offer a trade for the same amount.  For example, let's say you want to buy a Loki Prime set for 250p but you don't have 250p.  If you want the seller to entertain your trade offer, don't offer 250p worth of prime parts because that isn't a straight trade.  Sure, the "platinum values" may be "the same", but if it takes 4 additional trades to get that 250p, then it's a lot more work.  Offer more in value if you want the buyer to take parts instead of plat.

9)  Don't have a dojo tax.  Dojo stuff is cheap.  Refer to #1 if you're thinking of setting your dojo tax rate to 10% or honestly, to anything really.  Don't screw over your buyers by fleecing them for more credits.

10)  Give the buyer a little time to reply.  I can't tell you how many times I've offered something for sale, an interested buyer replies with a number, and twenty seconds later I get a "?"  Ten seconds later "?"  Another ten "?"  Then another "?"  Keep in mind that when someone sells something there is a good chance multiple tenno are replying.  Give the seller a little time to get back to you.

11)  Try to be as specific as possible.  I know I make this mistake all the time.  If you want an unranked mod say that.  If you want ranked, say that.  If you want a set, say that.  If you want a specific BP, say that.  If you want a specific items as opposed to the syndicate version, specify that.  Again, I make this mistake all the time.

12)  Don't try to renegotiate the price in the trading screen.  Don't be in the middle of a trade and say "Can you pay a little more?"  This happens way more than it should.  If two players make a deal, stick with that deal.

13)  Don't worry if you can't make a deal.  It's ok.  Maybe the seller wants too much or the buyer wants a better deal.  There's always another item out there so don't take not getting the price you want personally.  You can buy it later.

14)  Be nice & forgiving.  People make mistakes all the time.  They'll reply to sell something they don't have.  (I've done this a lot.)  All this mistake costs is the little time it takes to go to the dojo and back.  Sometimes people need weapons' slots.  Or they don't have enough credits.  Or they don't don't know about the prime tax.  It's fine.  It's just a little annoying.  Not a biggie.

Everyone wants the same thing.  Everyone wants the quickest trade possible.  Be honest with each other, make a deal, respect the other tenno if you can't, and get back to playing.

+1

Also, could u be so kind and add something like: Most expensive things at the end, when the Transaction  exceeds 1 Trade? Many thanks.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Also, could u be so kind and add something like: Most expensive things at the end, when the Transaction  exceeds 1 Trade? Many thanks.

I'm not the OP but I can give you my point of view on such trades as it is very good question. The short answer is don't do it. If you have/want to anyway then try to split the trades to chunks where both parties put items roughly equal in value for each trade. If it's not possible then don't do it. The risk is really high for both parties.

Example 1: The seller sells set A for 350p and set B for 150p. The parties agree to both sets for 450p. You can split it as:
- trade1: set A for 330p
- trade2: set B for 120p
if any of you drop out after the first trade the loss is not that big

Example 2: The seller sells rare vaulted set (Loki, Ember, Frost, you name it). The buyer wants to trade 2 other sets + 100p. My advice:
- DON'T TRADE!

The problem here is that you won't be able to split the trade in a way that if any of you drop out after the first trade none of you will feel scammed. In above scenario all three sets have only one rare part that makes the price. Loki set is useless without systems, Ember and Frost without BP. Estimating value of traded parts require good knowledge of market value of all the parts involved and will probably require splitting the trade in unintuitive way. The added plat to the trade only blurs the values even more.

If you are the buyer in example 2 then really try to sell the sets first then buy the rare set for plat only. If they are worth what you think they are they will sell.
If you are the seller then don't trade. Tell the buyer you will wait a few days if he wants to sell the sets first then trade for plat only or one set + plat if it fits one trade.

Edited by (XB1)Deflinek

41 minutes ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

I'm not the OP but I can give you my point of view on such trades as it is very good question. The short answer is don't do it. If you have/want to anyway then try to split the trades to chunks where both parties put items roughly equal in value for each trade. If it's not possible then don't do it. The risk is really high for both parties.

Example 1: The seller sells set A for 350p and set B for 150p. The parties agree to both sets for 450p. You can split it as:
- trade1: set A for 330p
- trade2: set B for 120p
if any of you drop out after the first trade the loss is not that big

Example 2: The seller sells rare vaulted set (Loki, Ember, Frost, you name it). The buyer wants to trade 2 other sets + 100p. My advice:
- DON'T TRADE!

The problem here is that you won't be able to split the trade in a way that if any of you drop out after the first trade none of you will feel scammed. In above scenario all three sets have only one rare part that makes the price. Loki set is useless without systems, Ember and Frost without BP. Estimating value of traded parts require good knowledge of market value of all the parts involved and will probably require splitting the trade in unintuitive way. The added plat to the trade only blurs the values even more.

If you are the buyer in example 2 then really try to sell the sets first then buy the rare set for plat only. If they are worth what you think they are they will sell.
If you are the seller then don't trade. Tell the buyer you will wait a few days if he wants to sell the sets first then trade for plat only or one set + plat if it fits one trade.

It's more about 1 set which exceed 1 trade, mainly Aklex prime in these days, which we, on consoles, don't have yet, and not sets but parts only.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

21 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

It's more about 1 set which exceed 1 trade, mainly Aklex prime in these days, which we, on consoles, don't have yet, and not sets but parts only.

Aklex Prime perfectly fits my first example. There are no 8 unique items to trade. There is BP, link and two ordinary Lex sets, so I would say first trade BP, link and one Lex for price minus Lex set, then the other Lex set. All Lex parts are common so there is not much risk there.

Edited by (XB1)Deflinek

Still loving the trading game. Watching trade chat like some hungry vulture ready to swoop on those unwitting WTB.

Not really, I'm still a sucker and selling stuff cheap. I like to think I make people happy. Even if they're just laughing AT me.

I'm learning a lot about stuff I haven't got. Very depressing. Maybe I'll succumb to buying them one day.

But I digress. I'm here with new found wisdom from time spent watching trade chat...

I'm coming to the conclusion that complete sets are, in the main, a waste of time to try and sell. Vaulted stuff probably bucks that trend but even then maybe not. 

The first, almost scary, reason for this thinking is that you have to sell a set for less than the cost of the separate parts. You might think that the time saved buying the parts in one go is worth some plat, but if someone can buy parts for 5p+5p+15p+10p=35p then they aren't gonna buy the same things for 40p. Face it, you've gotta try and sell for 30p if you wanna get rid of it. There's always gonna be suckers out there, and you might catch one, but I'd rather not prey on those. And you could be waiting a looooooong time for one to show up.

Then there's the fact that we are all playing the game. We've all got 10 Ash neuroptics. No one wants to buy your Ash neuroptic. All they want is that systems. The market for that systems is far FAR greater than the market for the set. You should count yourself fortunate that you can get ducats from those 3 unwanted pieces of frame and they aren't completely worthless. Most Primes seem to have at least one rare part that there's always people asking for, it doesn't take long watching trade chat to see what they are. And I'd honestly consider forgetting that set you're holding onto, sell them the rare part they are after and ditch the rest for ducats.

And finally there's just a lot of people selling sets. You've gotta undercut them all to try and shift the damn thing or just keep trying. And trying. And trying. Forget trying. No one WTB Ash. Just let someone buy that systems instead. Plenty of WTB for that.

Add all of that up and sets = meh!

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

Great Thread OP ! It's nice to see someone make this useful thread for some humble trader. Although I want to say that sometimes, if you waited long enough that is, you get someone who'd reaally desperate to get the item and you got a high bump in the price. And vice versa. See my MR ? Low. Yeah. As a matter of fact just started for a week. But it's true. for example, watch how much [Trinity Prime] that no one buys ? got a deal for neuro and sys for 10 plat for both. Both chassis and BP are in the mass production. It's sets are roughly for 50 plat. Though I'd rather use it, since I'm new :). Just an example. Probably newb's luck, anyway.

6 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

The first, almost scary, reason for this thinking is that you have to sell a set for less than the cost of the separate parts. You might think that the time saved buying the parts in one go is worth some plat, but if someone can buy parts for 5p+5p+15p+10p=35p then they aren't gonna buy the same things for 40p. Face it, you've gotta try and sell for 30p if you wanna get rid of it. There's always gonna be suckers out there, and you might catch one, but I'd rather not prey on those. And you could be waiting a looooooong time for one to show up.

IMHO, In fact, (at PC atleast) most items are sold in higher price when it is a set. It's the legend of the market, just bought all the parts, and sell them together = easy 5-10 plat profit. Even more if we're talking about Prime Things.  And yeah, its sucks to buy set sometimes. But most people do it so that they got what they need, if they didn't find it for a long time. and for the unneeded one ? Like you said, go for ducats. And when you don't wanna wait, well it's your choice :laugh:

PS : What I'm trying to say is, Trading is and always have one rule : Patience = Your Loss, My Gain.  Although it's common sense to know that it's easier to buy something for XX price rather than "IT'S out there, anyone?" And when you lost your patience ? Probably your attitude will follow. And this is what I don't like when trading online. So I'd agree that when you want to sell, say your price, haggle. Don't evade the question by saying "it's worth more than that or someone has offered better etc" because chances are, "Nty" are going to be your best bet. It's what I'd do anyway.

PPS : To those who were still hard to get the WTB XXXX for XX plat, sometimes its easier to LF Taxi XXX mission. Got most of my needed item this way. Thank you community ! ex. Needed [Drifting Contact] one day, BAM! Alert in the place that has it's drop table. Asked for a taxi, it has Nekros. Now I got two of them, sold one for 50plat. Really good profit.

Like I said, probably just beginner's luck. But who knows ? At least DE has been kind to me this whole week. After all this, suprisingly got 75% plat discount "blablabla of the lotus" I think. TYVM, DE ! 

For the record :

It doesn't worth much, but it's a start. :crylaugh:

Spoiler

khYTGA.jpg

7 hours ago, Endless_Destruction said:

Here's a question I've had for a while: how do you get people to sell something you need without buying the whole set?

I need Nova Prime Chassis and Nyx Prime Chassis, but I only ever see each sold as a set.

Post in trading chat... "WTB Nova Chassis and Nyx Chassis".

Pray that someone responds.

9 hours ago, HaVVocado said:

just bought all the parts, and sell them together = easy 5-10 plat profit.

Why aren't people who buy sets doing that instead?

Yeah, it's impatience like you said. But people should treat it as just another part of the game.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

@ Endless_Destruction...

That sucks, but is the crux of the problem I'm on about.

People already with Nyx Prime and Nova Prime sat on 3 common enough components of that frame. They finally get the rare part and they have the set. Now they wanna sell the set. But no one wanna buy the set. Plenty of people who wanna buy the rare part. But nope. It's a set.

So you're left with people WTS set and people WTB rare part and neither party gets anywhere.

It's a real shame. I dunno if people realise that their prime inventory looks like everyone elses. RNG says so.

Seriously, if I ever get that cernos lower limb I'm selling it on its own. Not with the other 3 parts that are in my inventory.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo