Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost or Nyx

(XBOX)anaconda legend

Question

Right now I have Frost and zephyr and I'm currently making ash prime. I can make Nyx but I'm not sure if she's worth playing. I really like zephyr so I definitely don't want to get rid of her. The only option is to get replace frost. I checked Nyx's abilities and she sounds like a fun frame. So just asking if I should replace frost with nyx.

Why not do a few vault runs and sell the mods to buy more WF slots? Both Frost and Nyx have my personal seal of approval. They're both awesome frames, and there's not one that's better than the other in my opinion. You don't want to get into the habit of selling frames for other frames unless you're replacing with prime variants, because sooner or later you'll want them back.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)anaconda legend said:

Because I'm still a low level plus there's hardly anybody at trading

Don't know about Xbox One, but here on PS4 the NA server is the only crowded server, maybe try that?

Also on the op note, nyx and frost are both very useful (in literaly any mission type) and fun to play with, so yeah, i'd also say save up some plat and buy a slot. All frames in the game are worth the slot one way or another

This is why when you start the game  your starter plat is spent  on warframe slots

the exscuse that you are two low lvl to do Vaults is Pointless   Its  just infested   half modded no potato  gear is good enough to do vaults its not like your versus lvl 80-100 mobs   they are at  most  lvl 32 and easily  put  down  by a blind man witha mellee  weapon,  But if you really wann disregard  solid   sound  advice , Frost  is  love Frost is Life

Edited by VaricBreem

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)anaconda legend said:

I don't pay to win

No... you pay to have more slots, which in turn allows you to broaden your approach to missions available for you. I would say it is a win-win situation, but you do not pay to win, so... start trading, then you win and someone else loses. Balance in the universe restored

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)anaconda legend said:

I don't pay to win

Hang your head in shame and facepalm yourself, save the rest of us doing it for you.

What exactly do you win by buying frame slots?

What possible ingame advantage could that give you over anyone?

Stop throwing around buzzwords without knowing what they mean.

I typically only replace Warframes with their Prime variants, as most Warframes have a use somewhere in the Starchart. Whether it's for CC, Tanking, Supporting or just having fun, I keep them all. Each Warframe is like a tool. Some are your more universal tools everybody needs and will use, like a screwdriver or hammer, or in this case, Frost and Nova. Yet others are more akin to a shoe polisher or a lemon cutter, they're far more specific, yet even they have their uses, like Zephyr or Equinox.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)anaconda legend said:

I don't pay to win

Uhhh.... I don't know how you'd "win" in this game if you spent your plat on pretty colors and scarves.

You can't "win" anything in this game by paying. There is nothing you can buy that will make you "win" more. Except maybe beauty contests.

As another suggested, run vaults. All of the corrupted mods for warframes sell very well in trade chat. What stops many people from doing this is that you need to farm these mods, and want copies of them for yourself. It will not be instant gratification, but if you are willing to put in the time the mods sell for 15-25p. 

Try to run six to ten vault dives a day. After a few days you will have some mods you can sell and a few important ones that are essential for builds. Craft some orokin derelict capture keys and about five or six extinguished dragon keys. 

Shoot me a pm on live if you need help learning vault dives and I will be happy to set up a few. 

23 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

Frost stomps Nyx in terms of CC (and damage and utility) in any given mission, you'd basicly substitute warframe's god of CC with a rusty slop bucket if you sold Frost for Nyx.

You should never insult Empress Nyx like that.

Damage-wise, i have no opinion because i haven't tested it yet.

But in term of CC/utility, Nyx has more while Frost is limited to shielding with globes and freezing/slowing down mobs.

Mind Control has lots of uses, my favorite is mind controlling Frost Eximus and Ancient Healer.

Chaos provide decent CC especially when the enemies start to be bullet spongy, and redirect most enemy attention to their allies which sometimes would caused some of the melee mobs to converge and make it easier for them to be killed with AoE weapons.

Chaos bolt is a nice homing damage ability with a chance for CC (Radiation) that you may cast whenever.

Absorb is a nice damage nullification button, I usually used it when i was bleeding heavily.

At least for me, Nyx is my default solo frame.

On January 22, 2017 at 1:38 AM, (Xbox One)anaconda legend said:

Right now I have Frost and zephyr and I'm currently making ash prime. I can make Nyx but I'm not sure if she's worth playing. I really like zephyr so I definitely don't want to get rid of her. The only option is to get replace frost. I checked Nyx's abilities and she sounds like a fun frame. So just asking if I should replace frost with nyx.

NO.  I play Nyx more than Frost but Frost improvements have made him one of the best frames, period in terms of effectiveness and playstyle choice.

31 minutes ago, Dartiel said:

You should never insult Empress Nyx like that.

Damage-wise, i have no opinion because i haven't tested it yet.

But in term of CC/utility, Nyx has more while Frost is limited to shielding with globes and freezing/slowing down mobs.

Mind Control has lots of uses, my favorite is mind controlling Frost Eximus and Ancient Healer.

Chaos provide decent CC especially when the enemies start to be bullet spongy, and redirect most enemy attention to their allies which sometimes would caused some of the melee mobs to converge and make it easier for them to be killed with AoE weapons.

Chaos bolt is a nice homing damage ability with a chance for CC (Radiation) that you may cast whenever.

Absorb is a nice damage nullification button, I usually used it when i was bleeding heavily.

At least for me, Nyx is my default solo frame.

Have you used all of the Frost augments?  He is surprisingly versatile and deadly now.  I love Assimilate but check out Frosty...

On 22/1/2017 at 7:56 AM, (Xbox One)anaconda legend said:

I don't pay to win

This is NOT pay to win.  

This is pay to FASHION.

Just trade some parts for platinum. And spend that platinum on getting WF slots. People already gave you this solution several times in this post.....  

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Have you used all of the Frost augments?  He is surprisingly versatile and deadly now.  I love Assimilate but check out Frosty...

Well, i didn't mean to say Frost is bad or anything. Frosty has his uses too of course.

But IMO, utility wise, Nyx has more and for people with limited frame selection, Nyx is a good choice, because she's versatile even without augments (for new players).

Edited by Dartiel