Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Camping in Survival

PierceSG

Question

Just wondering, is it possible to camp at a spot and wait for enemies to rush us instead of running all over the place like headless chickens and spreading the loots all over the map?

In case you are wondering, I am a newbie. :p

So please pardon me if I am missing something.

10 answers to this question

To an extent, yes. In fact, it's what most players would rather do. However, most times you will EVENTUALLY need to leave your camping spot to find a tower

tl;dr version:

DE is currently stuck in a VERY difficult balancing act between making survivals feasible for most groups, and preventing players from holing up in a corner for 2 hours and getting a gigantic surplus Life Support drops from just the enemies alone. It used to be really easy in a zone called "the sewer camp" where enemies would be reduced to attacking in single file down two tunnels. They've tried reducing the rate at which Life Support drops, but that makes survivals far too hard. They've managed to carefully tweak it into a decent balance at time of writing

Yes you can. Most maps has good camping spot... but if enemies don't drop enough oxygen then you'll need to go and activate the oxygen capsule. 

Camping also unable to let you loot the map.... or you can loot before camping but it'll be about time to extract anyway unless doing long run. 

24 minutes ago, kyori said:

Yes you can. Most maps has good camping spot... but if enemies don't drop enough oxygen then you'll need to go and activate the oxygen capsule. 

Camping also unable to let you loot the map.... or you can loot before camping but it'll be about time to extract anyway unless doing long run. 

Nekros?

25 minutes ago, Genesis7000 said:

Nekros?

Ahh yes, the obligatory Nekros problem. You do still get that double pull chance at the loot of course. Honestly, I've found that if you're going to do this method you want a Loki or Ivara in party to go pop the tower. Everyone else can just sit at camp and kill while they're off for the tower.

The real problem that I've found with this method is that the funneling of the targets can actually start to be a problem of not enough targets. You can very easily kill off everything coming in until you have to actually start hunting down units for the kills. Thus, you end up with loot spread.

The best strategy is to find the point where all the major spawn points collapse into and camp there.  That way, you have the maximum amount of enemies going to one spot without having to run around (running around dilutes enemy spawns).  This is, contrary to popular belief, not at extraction.  Extraction raises the spawn count so ridiculously high that it's almost a guaranteed death within the first 20 minutes on higher level missions, not to mention it's way too far from any life support to keep going.  Find the room with the most major enemy spawn points surrounding it, and only run out to collect loot when necessary.  You'll easily be able to go 2+ hours if you wanted to.

Step 1 - Get to the room where the life support towers are spawning.  Do not kill anything on the way.

Step 2 - Do not leave this room.  Do not kill enemies until they are all the way into this room.

Step 3 - Profit.

Don't need a Nekros.  Don't need a cheesy camping spot.  Keeps enemies from spawning too far away, funnels them all into you, keeps all the loot at arm's reach, and as long as you're a Real Tenno Skoom you'll rarely need to pop a tower.

Thank you all for the answers.

So it basically boils down to a premade, well communicated group. Versus a public random picked up group then?

I am just wondering why people run all over the map, and leaving moors loots all over the place. Just seems like a major waste of effort.

Edited by PierceSG

9 hours ago, PierceSG said:

Just wondering, is it possible to camp at a spot and wait for enemies to rush us instead of running all over the place like headless chickens and spreading the loots all over the map?

In case you are wondering, I am a newbie. :p

So please pardon me if I am missing something.

Solo: Nekros with an Atterax can go for hours.

Team: Hydroid, Nekros, Trinity, (any last frame you want nidus for CC, Rhino for buff...ect). This farm relys on :http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Pilfering_Swarm

It is easy to do both ways. I have go over an hour with both... any only left because it was getting boring.

21 hours ago, PierceSG said:

Thank you all for the answers.

So it basically boils down to a premade, well communicated group. Versus a public random picked up group then?

I am just wondering why people run all over the map, and leaving moors all over the place. Just seems like a major waste of effort.

always set the expectation from the start for communication's and teamwork's sake.  People run around thinking chain killing is "more fun", and then wonder why they end up dead at extraction.  It's the standard individualistic mindset of most modern day gamers - play for themselves, and hope it contributes to the team, when in reality it goes the other way around.  I can't tell you how many times I've tried to reign people back and stay together, only to get the response "well that's your opinion".  Most infuriating thing ever.