Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2,000 Endo after a Sortie does not feel rewarding

DiabolusUrsus

I'm not complaining about Endo as a reward. The actual item itself is pretty darn useful. I'm also aware that it's supposedly much less common than it was before (not that I'd notice; since the change I've gotten 1 Naramon Lense and 2k Endo pretty much every other time I've run a Sortie).

That's not really the issue.

The issue is that there's no positive reason for a 2k Endo reward to exist alongside a 4k Endo reward. It's not as though players get to do an easier Sortie for a lesser reward.

When you play the same missions everyone else does and end up with 2k Endo, you don't feel rewarded. You feel like you drew the shortest straw by not at least getting the 4k Endo reward.

I know, I know, RNG, yadda yadda, all that. But that doesn't really have anything to do with the fact that we've got one reward that is half another reward for the same effort in acquiring it. Even if you desperately need to dilute the pool that badly, could you at least throw in something that isn't simply a knockoff of a better reward? It's lame. This shouldn't be a difficult call to make.

Well they are going to turn the 2000 endo reward into a Sortie Unique Ayatan Sculpture, which can be traded into Maroo for 2k endo before you put in stars, though I will agree that it is a little strange that there's 2 levels of Endo Rewards and you have no control over which one you get. 

Even if they do end up replacing the 2k Endo with a Sculpture that gives you a bit more than 2-3k Endo once slotted, getting multiple statues back to back could still discourage players.

The way rewards are distributed (RNG), as well as what the rewards are, will help combat these sorts of feelings some players have after spending their time in Sorties.

28 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

I'm not complaining about Endo as a reward. The actual item itself is pretty darn useful. I'm also aware that it's supposedly much less common than it was before (not that I'd notice; since the change I've gotten 1 Naramon Lense and 2k Endo pretty much every other time I've run a Sortie).

The issue is that there's no positive reason for a 2k Endo reward to exist alongside a 4k Endo reward. It's not as though players get to do an easier Sortie for a lesser reward.

When you play the same missions everyone else does and end up with 2k Endo, you don't feel rewarded. You feel like you drew the shortest straw by not at least getting the 4k Endo reward.

I know, I know, RNG, yadda yadda, all that. But that doesn't really have anything to do with the fact that we've got one reward that is half another reward for the same effort in acquiring it. Even if you desperately need to dilute the pool that badly, could you at least throw in something that isn't simply a knockoff of a better reward? It's lame. This shouldn't be a difficult call to make.

i once claim same statment on forum and  forum defenders drop rain up on me lol.. of course no reson for endo as reward in sortie..they can put maybe 3x crafted forma as reward or something more useful

3 hours ago, NobleParadox96 said:

they already addressed that in a recent devstream... they're making changes so you don't get the same reward multiple times in a row and they're replacing the 2k endo with a sortie-exclusive ayatan sculpture which starts at 2k and increases with each star slotted

And not everybody has the time (or patience) to sift through the stream contents every time (anymore). :( Used to have Fridays off, don't anymore. Also typically look for the main changes if I check the overview.

That said, I'm still not entirely satisfied with that proposed solution.

3 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Even if they do end up replacing the 2k Endo with a Sculpture that gives you a bit more than 2-3k Endo once slotted, getting multiple statues back to back could still discourage players.

The way rewards are distributed (RNG), as well as what the rewards are, will help combat these sorts of feelings some players have after spending their time in Sorties.

I'm unsure of exactly how to feel about the Ayatan idea. On the one hand, it's good that they'll be removing the credit cost from the conversion option in the future. On the other hand, it's still just more (or less) Endo. Sure, there's some value to the aesthetic, but for most people that value will evaporate after they first get it. After that it's just more "Endo," and in order to actually get the Endo you have to expend stars. Yikes.

They need to adjust it so that rewards are distinct. Players will always have rewards they want and rewards they don't, but none of the rewards should feel like crappier versions of other rewards. And I'm inclined to think that a "unique" Ayatan will quickly go back to feeling like a crappier version of the 4k Endo reward.

2 hours ago, ashrah said:

i once claim same statment on forum and  forum defenders drop rain up on me lol.. of course no reson for endo as reward in sortie..they can put maybe 3x crafted forma as reward or something more useful

And there's the difference in their views. I think Endo as a reward in and of itself is fine. It's useful, and it will continue to be useful. The issue is having a "good" Endo reward and a "bad" Endo reward for the same net effort to acquire.

2k Endo should just be the base reward for completing a sortie, and then in addition to that you get to roll one of the sortie exclusive rewards. And no, putting the 2k endo into an ayatan doesn't make it a proper sortie-exclusive, although you have to appreciate the creative way they found to side-step the problem.

7 minutes ago, Snib said:

2k Endo should just be the base reward for completing a sortie, and then in addition to that you get to roll one of the sortie exclusive rewards. And no, putting the 2k endo into an ayatan doesn't make it a proper sortie-exclusive, although you have to appreciate the creative way they found to side-step the problem.

Honestly would not mind this, and while I try to keep myself convinced that they don't deliberately find side-stepping solutions, I'm becoming more hard-pressed as time wears on.

8 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

And there's the difference in their views. I think Endo as a reward in and of itself is fine. It's useful, and it will continue to be useful. The issue is having a "good" Endo reward and a "bad" Endo reward for the same net effort to acquire.

they can add endo rewards on normal missions..cz i am sure majority ppl dont play sortie to get endo...

11 hours ago, ashrah said:

they can add endo rewards on normal missions..cz i am sure majority ppl dont play sortie to get endo...

Those are called Endo alerts, and they exist already.

Instead of taking Endo out, they should make lenses available on a non-random basis (either through tokens or a different drop source). Probably also wouldn't hurt to make Rivens a guaranteed reward, because it's not like there isn't enough randomness crammed into those already, amirite?

20 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Those are called Endo alerts, and they exist already.

Instead of taking Endo out, they should make lenses available on a non-random basis (either through tokens or a different drop source). Probably also wouldn't hurt to make Rivens a guaranteed reward, because it's not like there isn't enough randomness crammed into those already, amirite?

if i was dev i wuld cut in half rng and put much better rewards in global.. i totally understand u wen u get endo in sortie is like slap in face..garanted riven would be really cool.. to have that  rewarding feeling playing game

17 minutes ago, ashrah said:

if i was dev i wuld cut in half rng and put much better rewards in global.. i totally understand u wen u get endo in sortie is like slap in face..garanted riven would be really cool.. to have that  rewarding feeling playing game

If you were a Dev you'd have other financial considerations to worry about that would likely... dissuade you from being too generous with drops. Granted, I'd also hope you would be smart enough to keep a much firmer distinction between your monetized and non-monetized content, and for any monetized content get people to buy with great incentives and an attractive price rather than cranking up the grinding frustration as high as possible.

Imagine:

Warframe + Bonus Polarity (picked at purchase) + potato + slot for 150-175 plat instead of the 300+ for most of the more recent Warframes.

Still not an advantage you can't get by grinding, but it saves you a heck of a lot of time and seems like a better deal instead of blowing $20+ bucks on a character you'll probably replace with a Prime eventually anyway. I'd wager that would sell a lot more frequently, even at the current drop rates for Warframes.

1 hour ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

If you were a Dev you'd have other financial considerations to worry about that would likely... dissuade you from being too generous with drops. Granted, I'd also hope you would be smart enough to keep a much firmer distinction between your monetized and non-monetized content, and for any monetized content get people to buy with great incentives and an attractive price rather than cranking up the grinding frustration as high as possible.

Imagine:

Warframe + Bonus Polarity (picked at purchase) + potato + slot for 150-175 plat instead of the 300+ for most of the more recent Warframes.

Still not an advantage you can't get by grinding, but it saves you a heck of a lot of time and seems like a better deal instead of blowing $20+ bucks on a character you'll probably replace with a Prime eventually anyway. I'd wager that would sell a lot more frequently, even at the current drop rates for Warframes.

now we have two option farm 24-7 to get stuff maybe or pay to get...i dont have problem to pay if i get what i buy but u can see.. what is going on now... they realese good stuff let ppl hype buy stuff... then  insta nerf.. and u basicly trow money...after every update grind is just incresing...5000mutagen for 1 wepon who is medicore at best nope i will not do then we lack on content big time.. and we getting skins  arcwhing stuff what majory ppl dont wish.. i cant imagine now  from what new players grind wall need to  pass just to get  some basic gear mods...we are wait 1 year to get 1 quest... ppl build cities for that time.. ..game is going in very bad direction...for my 4600+h in gme i am not miss almost single day to play now  i dont have any wish to play..lot afk players.. rewards pretty bad... terrible rng...they just simpley ignore problems...game will not change   ....it will become like tf2... skins. simulator.. ppl spending lot money in game ..for very unstable game without no future at all.. 

On 1/23/2017 at 7:55 PM, DiabolusUrsus said:

hahaha, don't know what your talking about. Except for ~3 days these past 2 1/2 wks, all i've gotten was 2k endo. It's almost to the point where you just wonder if there are other rewards.