Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Booster Rewards are partly unusable/wasted - make them usable items instead

SHADOW.XIII

It's midnight GMT, received daily login (also applies to sortie rewards) reward: 3-day resource booster ... great, I can run Derelict Defense to get some Mutagen Samples ... problem is, at this hour, hardly anyone in this zone/area is looking to do ODD.

That means I waste at least 12 hours to wait until I can find team of 4 people to run ODD.
Similar if I cannot play next day(s), then whole Sortie/Login reward is wasted  :(

Why not make those boosters an item to use (ie. from inventory), it would start the count from the moment I use it. At least I have some control when to start it and schedule gaming time with it.

Edited by SHADOW.XIII

I strongly agree with this, I got two affinity boosters in a row from the sortie this week, and I have nothing to level, or plans to forma anything, I am however building nidus, aklex prime(or, rather, two lex prime's first), AND hema. those boosters were effectively non-rewards, that could have been very useful.. LATER, but completely pointless right now.

Similarly, the 30 minute boosters from rare caches have not been super useful, also due to timing, I could use a 30 minute booster if i could get to pick when, but getting it randomly, active RIGHT NOW? that results in me having to frantically search for some way to make it useful.. or more likely, play on as normal, because meh.

Not as bad as the two or three hour boosters I used to get at midnight UTC from the daily thingy, just as I was about to STOP playing for the day.. I must have wasted a dozen of each type of those, I never once actually got anything out of them, thanks for removing that at least.

Edited by enizer

By all means, I'm on board with something being done about this. For the last week I've pulled three affinity boosters and all of them overlapping each other by at least a solid 24 hours each. Problem... I'm a hair off 23 and the only weapons I can currently level for xp at this point that are acquirable are Sheeve and Aklex Prime. Sheeve parts are rarer than even the most staunchly kept prime parts at this point and the drop rates for parts in invasions is kind of laughable considering just how many parts can be pulled at this point. That really leaves me with the Aklex Prime for my final levels.

To put it nicely, I could get it done with out a booster in two solid runs of stealth killing. Maybe a third run might be required, but nothing more than that with out boosters. As it stands, I've had two boosters entirely time out with zero use of them when I'd rather have saved them for a time I could have used them. That's honestly worse than pulling 2k endo at this point.

Totaly agree with you OP.

I guess they wanted to make sure that you can not "store/collect" them. Maybe a 14day item-liftime ?!

I would change them into a item that when i double click on it will activate. 

(Could be able to activate during a mission over the menue or button?!)

Nvm. Your points are great OP +1.

As long as it didn't affect the normal boosters and was just this equipped booster only gained from sorties then yeah definitely.

Otherwise it would affect DE income from boosters. If we could control when we use a booster. Then we wouldn't need to buy the 200p monthly boosters.

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

As long as it didn't affect the normal boosters and was just this equipped booster only gained from sorties then yeah definitely.

Otherwise it would affect DE income from boosters. If we could control when we use a booster. Then we wouldn't need to buy the 200p monthly boosters.

True that. A timed limitation like 12/24/48 houres before it auto starts is maybe a possible mid way somehow...

• 1 month later...

I also agree strongly with this. In the last 2 months I've lost 4 affinity boosters and 2 drop chance boosters from logging in late, finishing a mission just after midnight or completing a sortie at a time when I can't continue playing. Another one is wasting as I write this, because it's midnight and I have work in the morning. Very frustrating!

I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm sorry if this has already been said:

My personal suggestion is making them an equip-able Gear item that is consumed over time while in-mission. I've also seen the suggestion that after gaining a booster, it needs to be used within 24 hours, in the spirit of it being a "daily reward". This seems reasonable to me; sometimes they would still be lost, but at least we would have the chance to make time, as opposed to dropping everything for the next 3 hours each time one appears.

1. This means no more boosters being wasted purely due to when they are gained.

2. Implementing it as a Gear item means no accidental usage: the item has to be manually equipped. If you forget to take it off and waste some of it, that's your mistake.

3. The Gear mechanism also already exists in Warframe, making it easier to implement. No special interface need be added, no special features need be invented. I understand that the coding / tracking is going to be the hard part, but every little helps right?

4. If boosters expire in 24hrs, there is still value to be had from purchased boosters, since it isn't possible to hoard the daily rewards until a new <item> comes out. This means DE doesn't lose the revenue, which is important if we want them to keep updating the game.