Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Archwing Alerts

Xekrin

Our Archwings are so stupidly overpowered with so much health and so much damage output that the problem with Archwing gameplay has NEVER been that they're hard. Yes, I agree that DE needs to just finish this game mode before even thinking about trying to add it to sorties -- I am biased toward space combat, and even I admit it's not even CLOSE to ready -- but people like you flagrantly misrepresenting its problems aren't exactly helping

(On reflection, that came across as needlessly hostile)

Edited by TARINunit9

40 minutes ago, Phailberry said:

@Xekrin Please construct a topic in which to discuss upon.

49 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

but people like you flagrantly misrepresenting its problems aren't exactly helping

(On reflection, that came across as needlessly hostile)

Apologies, I just got overly annoyed when I saw Shred as an alert.  I check the alerts tabs, as people tend to do, saw Shred, knew it was nightmare, grabbed Saryn, my go to nightmare frame, and clicked.

Oh, BTW Player! Its ARCHWING.  I don't want to start this off by saying I dislike archwing in general, because I do not.  I enjoy archwing.  What I do not enjoy is being unprepared, not having the information required to make cognizant choices regarding what I plan on accomplishing in the next 5 to 15 minutes of gameplay.

Now had it said Nightmare Mod Located (Shred) - Archwing, perhaps I would have prepared differently.  Perhaps the 3 other people who also joined me (and died 6 times in less than two minutes along with myself) would also have prepared differently.  

Add that to this whole - can't shoot while bleeding out - nonsense because we have no secondary and it just became one revive after another.  Add all THAT to the fact that the mentality of archwing + alerts is RUUUUUSH and it took its toll.  Thus, this thread was created.

Could I have done this alert successfully?  I have no doubt of this.  I am fairly adept at archwing movements, I have my trusty itzal and my OP fluctus at the ready.  Should I have stopped a moment, thought it through and went about the mission in a controlled manner?  Most definitely.

Two problems with that, and both were previously stated.  I was unprepared for archwing, and so were my squadmates.  Regardless of the fact that it was archwing, they just ran headlong in and died over and over.

Why was this I wonder?  Perhaps due to the fact that no warning was given (in the appropriate alerts tab section) that it was indeed archwing, those who joined me simply abhorred the game mode and had no desire to stay any longer than necessary.  Once they saw it was archwing, they thought it would be a typical sabo and started flying as fast as can be.  Maybe they just wanted it over with.  Two of them immediately left, replaced by two more who also died almost immediately.

My complaint is not with archwing, nor nightmares, nor even with each of these combined.  It is that there was zero warning.

They should definitely mark archwing alerts as being archwing, whether it be through text or icon, but nightmare has only gotten easier ever since the amesha was released, considering that thing is basically godmode incarnate.

I won't say much more other than basically agreeing with your overall sentiment since your second post pretty much clarifies that you're only upset because it caught you off guard, which is more than understandable.

The only problem I have with navigation. 2D map in 3D space isn't best choice, especially when you are basically in empty field of, well, space.

Second thing that would solve my problem with AW is auto-positioning so I can get back to my starting position and know where's top and where is bottom.

And yeah, not mentioning that it's Archwing mission to unprepared players is understandable.

45 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Apologies, I just got overly annoyed when I saw Shred as an alert.  I check the alerts tabs, as people tend to do, saw Shred, knew it was nightmare, grabbed Saryn, my go to nightmare frame, and clicked.

Oh, BTW Player! Its ARCHWING.

That IS an issue, I agree, since currently the only way to know is to memorize the names of all Archwing nodes

Just so you know the lack of mission identifiers has been here since the star chart revamp and DE has read100's of posts on no archwing identifier let alone any real sort of mission identification, of the alert panel plus it was compounded by the new rapid start feature that doesn't even give you enough time to tell what mission you clicked on, until the identifier is added this will be an ongoing issue that still needs to be resolved

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Our Archwings are so stupidly overpowered with so much health and so much damage output that the problem with Archwing gameplay has NEVER been that they're hard.

I'd disagree with that. Archwing sure is powerful in raw stats compared to the warframes, but the game changes from a 2D plane with slight verticality to full 3D and enemies like to swarm from every direction. While in warframe mode, you can just sit and defend a point by shooting everything that comes near. In archwing you can't, because you'll be shredded by all the incoming fire from all directions.

Mobility being the strongpoint of archwing -- if you move you live, if you stop you die. Even with all the health and shields, level 25 Ogma tears the wings apart, and because of all the empty space, sitting still only invites them to spontaneously flank you. There is only one archwing that can afford to sit still and that's the Amesha, for obvious reasons: it is the Frost-Trinity of archwing.

In the game it self, I heard two main complaints -- the lack of a 3D minimap and the difficulty. Especially in interception and more so -- mobile defense.

47 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

That IS an issue, I agree, since currently the only way to know is to memorize the names of all Archwing nodes

Once you click on the mission, it zooms in on it in the navigation screen. You can see there if the highlighted node is an archwing node or not. You don't even need to mouse over it, because all archwing nodes have an archwing backdrop on the node it self, just like ship nodes have a ship backdrop.

While it isn't explicitly stated that it's an archwing mission in the alerts tab, it is on the map and in tracker websites, such as https://deathsnacks.com/wf/.

1 hour ago, VakarisJ said:

While it isn't explicitly stated that it's an archwing mission in the alerts tab, it is on the map and in tracker websites, such as https://deathsnacks.com/wf/.

This is the point.  Not only is it not on the alerts but as usual we must depend on outside sources to play the game?  All relevant information should be in all locations in the game as needed.  I shouldn't have to check the alert panel, then switch to said planet and seek out said node just to see what I'm about to do.

So it zeroes in on that node while its counting down?  Great, so I have roughly 5 seconds to determine if I want to abort due to it not being what I expect.  Yes I know it is usually more than 5 seconds, but sometimes not.  Regardless, I don't focus on the node as its loading because I know where I'm going, an alert.  Why should the name matter?  The info I need should be listed in the alert description.

Faction - check

Nightmare - check (sort of, I know its a nightmare mod anyway)

Level - check

Reward - check

Only thing missing is Archwing or not.  Whether there are subversive ways to determine such information, it shouldn't be the only source of that info "in the game".  We already depend on the wiki for nearly every aspect of information gathering, I'm not going to check the alerts tab in the game, then check a website to see what the game mode is.  Nor should I have to double check the node either.

It used to let us know when an alert was archwing (or Nightmare), they need to add that back.  Along with whatever other information is important to a mission.

It would be as bad as going into a sortie without knowing the conditions for that mission.  Fact is our UI is sorely lacking in providing information and being versatile in nearly every aspect of the game.  This is one of those areas that need clarification.

Just now, Xekrin said:

Not only is it not on the alerts but as usual we must depend on outside sources to play the game?  All relevant information should be in all locations in the game as needed.

So you're saying that the entire wiki, the market site and all the trackers that ever existed should be crammed into the game? It's all relevant information and in some ways -- you can't play the game without it.

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Great, so I have roughly 5 seconds to determine if I want to abort due to it not being what I expect. <...> Regardless, I don't focus on the node as its loading because I know where I'm going, an alert.  Why should the name matter?  The info I need should be listed in the alert description.

Or you could just click the alert and then cancel the timer to check. Or just look at the planet and node name and zoom in on the planet yourself. The alerts tab, just like any other tab in that area, is only a pointer to the node -- a shortcut. All the information you need to know is where that shortcut points.

4 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Nor should I have to double check the node either.

I can't decide if you're just being lazy, entitled, bashing the game or simply want quality of life improvements. In any case, I gave you the current solutions to the problem. The rest is up to you.

1 hour ago, VakarisJ said:

can't decide if you're just being lazy, entitled, bashing the game or simply want quality of life improvements.

Can't I be both entitled and lazy?  No I'm not bashing the game, yes I'm looking for QoL.  I was already fully aware of the node displaying the archwing, you gave me nothing new.  Requiring an extra step on the off off off chance that it is archwing just to see if it is archwing is a waste of time and frankly I don't see why you are defending this so adamantly.

The existance of alert type notifications (nightmare, archwing, whatever) used to be there, in the old star chart.  I'm asking for it to be returned.  Why display any information at all if the World State panel is just a 'shortcut' requiring you to look at the node anyway?  It should just say "Alert - click here if you don't care where you're going, otherwise click here, then cancel the mission, dropping out of matchmaking, annoying other people that their matchmaking is also interrupted just to click out of nav and fix up your arsenal."

Guess that'd be too much information too though.

11 hours ago, VakarisJ said:

I'd disagree with that. Archwing sure is powerful in raw stats compared to the warframes, but the game changes from a 2D plane with slight verticality to full 3D and enemies like to swarm from every direction. 

Shame they never actually do that then. You're right that mobility is key, because the enemy AI is still stuck on 2D logic if not necessarily a 2D plane.